YesNoOk

Is Cartoon Network better off now than it was during the mid-2000's? (Read 18074 times)

Started by D. HoChoy, September 15, 2015, 05:19:03 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Is Cartoon Network better than it was then?

Yes
8 (19%)
No
20 (47.6%)
Maybe
9 (21.4%)
I like pie
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Re: Is Cartoon Network better off now than it was during the mid-2000's?
#41  September 16, 2015, 11:39:57 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
CN to me... has lost a lot of appeal to me... there aren't shows I just seem to enjoy... maybe cuz I grew out of this era or maybe because I was so used to watching shows like Ed Edd n Eddy, Codename: Kids Next Door... I even watched a few Code Lyoko episodes and actually enjoyed it. Now these new shows aren't as appealing as the ones back in 2000-2005.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#42  September 17, 2015, 12:08:45 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i dont like how teen titans go is basically cn's attempt at memes, but i dont really have a problem with much of the programming. i actually miss flapjack and chowder way more than most of the older stuff.

Amy

#43  September 17, 2015, 12:35:44 am
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
    • network.mugenguild.com/amysden/index.html
i dont like how teen titans go is basically cn's attempt at memes, but i dont really have a problem with much of the programming. i actually miss flapjack and chowder way more than most of the older stuff.

I miss anime of the 00's. Ranma 1/2 was my favourite of all time then. I also remember staying awake at 2 P.M to watch DB/DBZ. Good old times. Now I don't even bother watching "regular show" or "adventure time". I'd rather touch some goblins than to watch that shit. (dis my opinion pls no judge)

Yes I know neither DBZ nor Ranma are from the 00's but they aired on the 00's on Toonami too.

Only 00's kids will remember it.

Liek if u cri evertiem.
#44  September 17, 2015, 12:53:04 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I liked the interplay between shows the old CN had, referencing each other in and out of shows to the point they ended up making a freaking MMO out the idea.  Plus you had the DCAU, Toonami, commonly rotating older Hanna-Barera and Looney Toons, Adult Swim with their unique programming that often referenced Hanna-Barbera and PPG themselves, and of course the repeating for years run of Cowboy Bebop, InuYasha, GitS and Fooly Cooly.  To the point I think i might have every detail of the shorter two there memorized and Little Busters often gets stuck in my head.  It's an unfair lead from the old to new; it just can't compare.

When I catch it, new CN has its moments, Adventure Time and Steven Universe being the main cause of those moments, but it just doesn't have the same spirit to it.  When Adult Swim started making fun of their own parent network's decline, I kinda gave up hope for it.

And yeah, Teen Titans Go just feels like a spit in the eye when they had the old one and its following.  It seemed unnecessary to make such a low-brow spin-off of the series that the next generation they'd be targeting wouldn't know and the one before that did would hate, especially when they have a whole D.C. universe to pull from to make something bizarre out of.  I mean, whatever happened to that thing from Lauren Faust that was the same thing but with a different Supergirl than the DCAU one?
#45  September 17, 2015, 02:05:48 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Amy said:
I also remember staying awake at 2 P.M to watch DB/DBZ. Good old times.
Are you a vampire? o_O
#46  October 14, 2015, 05:21:44 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Hopefully CN will be smart, and quickly snatch up WB's new Justice League Action show. I have high hopes for it, based solely on the one poster I saw, and the cast involved.  More Kevin Conroy Batman...yes please. There is even a rumor that Mark Hamill will be involved with the show, doing more than just the Joker.

Although maybe JLA would be better off on Boomerang. CN has that nasty habit of quickly canceling anything WB related, even if it has good ratings. My big problem with Boomerang is that Comcast doesn't carry it, so I don't get to see anything aired on the channel. Comcast blows.

For those who haven't seen it yet:

gimme!
Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:26:52 am by rhiggatwat
#47  October 14, 2015, 06:43:38 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
My big problem with Boomerang is that Comcast doesn't carry it, so I don't get to see anything aired on the channel. Comcast blows.

Stopping by to let you know that you ain't missing much. Nothing but Garfield, Tom and Jerry and Looney tunes now with Scooby every once in a while.
Not that those are bad cartoons, but they were showing classics like Swat Kats, Teen Tians and Samurai Jack two years ago.
#48  October 14, 2015, 07:15:34 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
New cartoon network is ok. Not better than the mid 0s and late 90s era.

Also here to say that the new scooby do cartoon isn't that bad. I hate the artstyle but its scripted good.
#49  October 15, 2015, 04:36:31 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah I mean I get the art style is meh but the show itself is pretty good. But overall the CN of today is ok, not awesome but ok.
#50  October 15, 2015, 07:12:00 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Adventure Time and Steven Universe are the only 2 stuff CN got good (not even actual DC series can save it... except Young Justice, but was cancelled for nothing), but you can't compare with the 90s era where like 15-20 series were good and awesome

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#51  October 15, 2015, 08:36:02 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
The good era was where Megas XLR existed, nuff said.
#52  October 16, 2015, 08:21:22 am
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
samurai jack is my favorite. Scooby and Tom & Jerry still remains due to being favorite ongoing classics. :) also... Me like Wacky Race. I happens to have PPG & Wacky Race PS games most
#53  October 16, 2015, 08:25:14 am
  • TK's Random Mugen Battle Series Guy!
  • I Think That Dirty Thoughts Are Very Bad!
    • USA
    • MrGohma99@gmail.com
    • Skype - TK8305
    • www.youtube.com/topkirby8305
I miss the Powerpuff Girls!  My absolute fav CN show. 

Currently LPing: Kirby Mass Attack (NDS) / LOZ:
 Eddy's 1st Quest Redone (ZC)

Next LPs: Higurashi (Steam) / LOZ:  Realm of Courage (ZC)
#54  October 23, 2015, 02:30:05 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
And yeah, Teen Titans Go just feels like a spit in the eye when they had the old one and its following.  It seemed unnecessary to make such a low-brow spin-off of the series that the next generation they'd be targeting wouldn't know and the one before that did would hate, especially when they have a whole D.C. universe to pull from to make something bizarre out of.
Bumping and continuing off this from something I just learned of because reasons...

Is the show supposed to be absolutely terrible?  It's hard not to believe that it's not intentionally made to be bad.  This isn't the first time they've taken shots at themselves over it.