YesNoOk

Elena718 - Custom Elena (Read 22558 times)

Started by Odb718, May 17, 2013, 04:19:33 am
Share this topic:
Elena718 - Custom Elena
#1  May 17, 2013, 04:19:33 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
This is an edit of Phirmost's Elena.

^^^DOWNLOAD^^^

Updated on 9/26/2015 Updated on 8/24/18. I've uploaded the current build of her off my PC. Something may have changed but nothing drastic. The link no longer worked so I've uploaded her current state. I dont think there's anything noticeable.

She's no longer SF3 styled.

She has pop-ups, push block, ALL of her Ultra moves can be done once her bar is filled. There's no Ultra select at the start of the match.
I've also edited her Hooligan Jump move. It can be done in the air. It can grab the enemy's head, or do 3 air kicks or do a sliding kick on the ground. It can also pop out of it if a button press is performed at the right time.
She can also do the Mallet Smash move in the air. There's a number of edits and tweaks I've done. Her healing ultra was tweaked. It will do corresponding healing to mirror how much damage a level 2 or level 3 move would deal. This depends on what power level she's at when doing the move. There's no button presses to choose a level 1 Healing Ultra when she's at 2 or above.

She has custom intros.... but I dont think they're working with the versions of the characters I've released. 
----
I've released an update of my Ryu718. The two should have an intro together. It's not that noticeable, but it's there.
----
I'm releasing this edit because of two reasons. I feel that it's a complete enough edit to release and that my laptop is on it's way out. So I'd like to have this in the wild before it disappears...

Like I said I've done a lot more edits to her. I think she's very playable, but the only thing that keeps her in certain match ups is her Healing Ultra.
Please let me know if you think she could be better. I'm open to change her. I like to hear feed back always.

The link in the picture will be the most up to date link all the time. If it doesnt work, use this link
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:43:58 pm by Odb718
Re: Elena718 - Custom Elena
#2  May 17, 2013, 11:27:03 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Since shes an edit & your open to suggestions, May I request a Power charge feature? Roll, Dodge,Dodge attack & Zero Counter. Keep the Parry & EX(If you did not remove those yet) & keep the edits features you customized remained in the char. As long as she isnt MVC style. No worries here. Im a Pots player & that my opinion. Im sure another would beg to differ...

JNP Edit: It's been noted that you've been PM'ed about constantly asking people to make their characters in POTS style by Rajaa.

Please do not do this any more in other people's threads. If someone wishes to make a character in that style they will. By posting this you inadvertently insult the author. If you'd done it just a bit it wouldn't be an issue but you seem to do this quite a lot. It's very rude and undermining to someone that didn't want to make a character in POTS style to write off what they made by always asking for more POTS.
Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:10:51 pm by Just No Point
#3  May 18, 2013, 02:31:39 pm
The things I found:
- Stand animation doesn't move properly in game;
- you can do D,DB,B, punch even in air, with dust in air;
- the F,D,DF move has dust when you do that in air;
- super arts are made with 3 buttons (thinking the char has MvC influences, shouldn't they be made with two buttons instead of three?);
- infinite with F + b;
- infinite with:   combo     light kick  -> medium kick  -> D,DB,B, medium kick  ->  repeat  (or if it isn't it deals a lot of damage).
Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:49:20 pm by Alex S.
#4  May 18, 2013, 03:11:21 pm
    • Brazil
Some hypers are very overpowered.
#5  May 18, 2013, 03:16:49 pm
On a side note, your Ibuki file is giving me a corrupted file message, when extracted.
#6  May 18, 2013, 03:29:20 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Since shes an edit & your open to suggestions, May I request a Power charge feature? Roll, Dodge,Dodge attack & Zero Counter. Keep the Parry & EX(If you did not remove those yet) & keep the edits features you customized remained in the char. As long as she isnt MVC style. No worries here. Im a Pots player & that my opinion. Im sure another would beg to differ...

Congrats,you just found a new way to say MAKE HER POTS STYLE!!1!!111!!
#7  May 19, 2013, 12:26:12 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
WatsonGrim69 -  Most of my characters have a power charge move. Since Elena can heal herself, I dont think it's viable. It'd be too much of an advantage to be able to heal at will.

Macaulyn - I know. I _think_ I've finally worked out the code to make it so the ultras connect and stay connected. Before they'd just connect and the enemy would fall out or be knocked back too far. It's also to keep her in the match. Getting in close is very hard against a good zoning character.
This is something I was planning on fixing though. I think she has a level one that does over 350 damage... not good.

Alex S. - Thanks for pointing those out. The dust in the air I left in. It didnt look right with them out. So I was hoping to replace the animations with something a little better.
I just looked and youre right about the F+b.... and it's F+x ,F+a, F+c..... some stuff to fix.

Zingo, I'll look into what happened with Ibuki's file. I might have to switch hosts or something.

As I mentioned, I released Elena because my laptop's dying and I just want a backup kinda. She's still not perfect, but very playable against stronger characters. I guess I need to overhaul her animations or her hittimes. I dont really focus on doing the cheap infinite combos so I missed them. I'll try to check for OTG and other combos too.

I plan on releasing my SkulloMania and a couple other edits. Mauru, Guy, Joe, Juri, Sakura, Jill, Gouken.... oh, I have a Maya from KI2 I have "working"
I have a dahlsim that's been edited a lot but I dont feel warrants a release.

------
So far I've edited out the standing infinities by reducing their hittimes. I've looked over the Spin Scythe, D,DB,B,+kick, infinite problem. I cant understand why it can combo back to light kick with the current hittimes. I guess I'll have to keep looking. I'll release her once this problem's taken care of.
I've also added some basic lines of code.... mainly PotS error checking and my own error checking codes I forgot to put in.
Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:52:16 am by Odb718
#8  September 26, 2015, 08:01:19 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Updated my Elena.
Edited in 3 options for kick attacks after her hooligan jump move. LK is a knee, Mk is a regular kick, FK is the overhead kick. This gives Elena a little bit stronger air game.
I've tweaked a few of the ultras so they connect better.

It's been such a long time since the last release I'm not sure what else has been edited. The addition of the 3 kicks is worth it alone, imo.
Links in the first post are up to date.
#9  September 26, 2015, 08:38:55 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
good.. news
...because both links give a 20o empty archive
 :???:
#10  September 27, 2015, 10:03:24 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
 :shocked2:
The one stinking time I dont check the download!
One second....

----
Edited. The Download links should be working now. I guess having Adobe turned off while uploading isnt a good thing??
Hopefully there arent any more errors like that.
Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:11:30 am by Odb718
#11  September 27, 2015, 04:48:54 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
#12  October 14, 2015, 02:00:11 am
  • Always ready to learn when it comes to mugen
are you going to make ermac and some of your other chars win-mugen ?
#13  October 14, 2015, 08:01:12 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Most of them I've switched over the palette to 1.0 so there's no real going back. The only reason to run winmugen is hardware limitations. If that's your case, I'm sorry.
#14  August 24, 2018, 12:45:28 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've uploaded a current build of her because the links were down.
I dont think there's very many changes. Should be all bug kills if anything.