YesNoOk

The MUGEN Docs Master Thread (Read 404202 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, September 08, 2015, 05:51:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The MUGEN Docs Master Thread
#21  September 18, 2015, 07:16:52 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
This is a lot cleaner with with special category tags. Nice job Just No Point!

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#22  September 18, 2015, 07:39:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thanks! But thank XGargoyle for the suggestion. I would've stuck to the old method like a dumb dumb without him!
#23  September 18, 2015, 08:28:27 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
Explod
#24  October 02, 2015, 01:39:32 am
  • Drew my Icon. I know, i'm a Amateur.
  • just trying to survive in the land of MFG
    • American Samoa
    • ClamSlam@mugenguild.com
What purpose does Explod serve?
"If you can't slam with the best then go jam with the rest."
#25  October 02, 2015, 01:45:45 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm going to kill you -_-

If you're not going to follow the rules of this board then at least just ask in this thread if a doc hasn't been added yet.
I'll add explod when I get home.

You can read gamemakeanim for some details.
#26  October 02, 2015, 04:18:46 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#27  October 07, 2015, 12:09:21 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Had to end my posting early so this is a reminder to myself that when I complete the CNS stuff I was working on to go back and put links where applicable.
done
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:47:19 am by Just No Point
#28  October 07, 2015, 03:52:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You'll notice a new Child Board.
It leads to the 1.0 Docs

I have edited the docs to include various useful links and will be updating them with links to the threads here as well.

Right now the only altered page is the main index.
Thoughts? Questions? Feedback?

I have yet to decide how I want to proceed once we complete the 1.0 Docs.

We will want the 1.1b stuff added as well but I don't have a full plan to engage this. Suggestions?
#29  October 07, 2015, 05:06:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The inclusion of the  MUGEN Docs 1.0  (Here you will find the Docs from MUGEN 1.0 There will be links to the MUGEN Class threads added)
makes the original intention of the board out of view. It kinda takes away from the people looking for basic help.
Maybe the link itself should be a sticky in the Mugen Class board?

The 1.1 stuff could also have a sticky that links to the specific threads, and have their own icon set(s).

If the child board is going to stay, I'd suggest trying to reduce how much space it takes up being displayed.. Like how  Tips, Tricks, Tutorials is only 2 lines. Mugen Class + Docs 1.0 is 8. Nine if you count returns. Maybe the "A more detailed look into MUGEN's docs. Discuss, add clarity and features, talk about bugs, ask specific questions." could be shortened so it's 1 line?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#30  October 07, 2015, 05:12:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I guess it could just be a link in this thread at the top. I figured giving it a full board would set it apart more in importance and ease to get to. But maybe you're right. Maybe it's overkill.
#31  October 07, 2015, 05:17:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Re: The sprite standard
#32  October 09, 2015, 06:10:49 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
this is useful for someone like me that doesn't have any idae on how Mugen codes work

thanks for sharing
            Zorf Giudecca
#33  October 09, 2015, 06:17:26 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm very glad this may be helpful! I went ahead and moved this reply to this thread as it doesn't add anything to the thread you replied in and I'm trying to make sure they are mostly useful replies/discussions. Feel free to praise as much as you like in this thread though ^_^

As for the Sprite Standards thread I'm currently working on a CVS2 version using Ryu to see if we can come up with a better CVS2 standard. I don't know about you but every character I see has slightly different sprites being used for certain get hits. And I'd like to know what's best for each one and set the standards for sprites required in CVS2 but not MUGEN in particular as well.

I'll probably follow that up with a SFA and Vampire Savior one. I'd hope some SNK folks would chip in their expertise on required anims, and so on and so on.
#34  October 09, 2015, 03:48:53 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
P1Name is still missing a link (it was included in the Name and PXName triggers thread)
#35  October 09, 2015, 03:54:00 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thanks for the catch. Fixed
#36  October 09, 2015, 10:10:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

How's this look to go in The Sprite Standard thread?
Asking here so there isn't a lot of feedback that I'll need to remove from that particular thread because I'm sure this could be improved.
#37  October 10, 2015, 12:37:38 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
One thing I'd suggest is making it open in a new window instead of expanding in the thread. I have to scroll to the bottom of the image to move the horizontal slide bar left and right. Then scroll back up. And if you miss exactly what youre looking for, gotta go back down and adjust.
Maybe like this?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Gah, mine still expands out.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#38  October 10, 2015, 12:52:20 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I could just split the image in 2 so it's not so wide.

I just want to be sure these are the CvS2 sprites/groups we want to use to teach.

@jmorphman:
@jesuszilla:
Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:35:29 am by Just No Point
Re: The sprite standard
#39  October 10, 2015, 02:33:39 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
As long as you don't re-use mugen's required sprites with sprites that don't look like what they should.

Once more, this isn't about making accurate animations using mugens required sprites, you can make accurate animations however you like, you could enter the required sprites then not use a SINGLE one of those for any of your gethit animations in the .air file. It is about knowing what sprites are required for a custom state and being able to reference something without having blank frames. There is no sprExist. What you have in that thread is full game only.

This is why we have custom animation standards. If you wanted to say "My character has CvS2 gethits" then you need to include an animation with a very unique ID in the air file to define that fact. And that ID has to be standard. Otherwise you don't know if you can reference the sprites listed or not and you should always have a default mugen gethits option. If you don't your opponent may vanish during custom states, and in this situation, it'll be the CvS2 characters fault, not the guy with the standard mugen required sprites.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#40  October 10, 2015, 03:10:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Should I word anything better for this then?

I know they don't need to be set up as REQUIRED. When I 1st tried putting an sff and air together I was lost in not only the required sprites but the actual get hit animations as well.

Perhaps I should add stars to denote the required sprites.

Another idea is to split this into 3 images. The actual required. The standards. And the recommended group/index numbers for the rest that are just being suggested to make it easier for cvs2 authors to be on the same page.

That last part might just be me. I just like there being an order to this stuff even if it's not all called on for interactions like standards.

If that's just too confusing or pedantic then I could just fore go those and just list the required + standard.
Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:17:01 am by Just No Point