Started by Saikoro, March 07, 2014, 09:09:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rick and Morty
#41  October 21, 2015, 10:41:01 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Don't get me wrong guys, I have no idea what the problem is with him (as I haven't followed anything what he had said or what the drama is all about)
Dan Harmon is a frequently vindictive asshole with exeedingly poor impulse control, and also has major alcohol problems. And I say that as a huge fan of him and his work! He's got a lot of problems, and while he's been doing a little bit better lately, it's all relative to his past behavior. He still sabotages himself and does dumb things like this Twitter thing.
#42  October 21, 2015, 04:33:45 pm
So much energy is wasted for nothing.
this is a key point about why harmon's a douche, it was just some random shithead telling him his bad idea was bad. the energy wasted by "bird person" (typing up one short tweet) snowballed into a 6 hour twitter meltdown from harmon that everybody made fun of. how's that for a waste of energy. there are hundreds of ways to handle anonymous twitter criticism and this sure as fuck isn't one of them

if he just replied "Well who gives a shit what you think" and left it at that nobody would've cared
#43  October 21, 2015, 04:59:17 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#44  October 21, 2015, 10:44:54 pm
    • USA
Don't link to Breitbart.

that Hollywood Reporter one, huh. Community was the only show that Yahoo was actively pursuing to renew, and it didn't get far because they'd have to renegotiate contracts with the actors, and also because the last episode of Community's sixth season was literally all about how there shouldn't be another season (because the show was going to grow stagnant and it wouldn't be fair to the characters to trap them in the community college setting for 7 years, spinning in place). Moreover, the viewer numbers for Community were higher than expected. THR is careful to say that all of Yahoo's shows combined lost $42 million, but I don't think they're being tricky here. I think Yahoo expected Community to overall be a loss leader, but they were OK with that; they were trying to launch a brand new streaming platform and needed a dedicated following to jump start it. Unfortunately for them, their other shows also underperformed (but to a much more massive extent); combined with their inability to get another season of Community going, their strategy failed.
#45  October 22, 2015, 08:34:41 am
i agree, it's not fair to blame the show. it's just that yahoo can't compete with netflix and hulu, especially with it's small library of shows. fans are more likely to wait for the dvds rather than pay a subscription to a service they'll only use once.
if the show was renewed on netflix and hulu, it's would've probably been more successful yeah.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#46  October 23, 2015, 12:38:24 am
    • USA
Funnily enough, Yahoo's streaming service was free to use (with ads, of course). The video player was pretty terrible, though!

but yeah, everyone is trying to roll out a streaming service to compete with Netflix and Hulu and it just seems like a terrible, terrible idea. Sony's got their PlayStationTV thing, Google just announced a subscription service for YouTube, I think Microsoft is still planning theirs, and there's more that I can't remember. I guess Amazon is doing OK, but they're still pretty small compared to the other two; and the pie just isn't big enough for anyone else.