YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat NEW 2D Shinnok & Others (Read 815489 times)

Started by CoopNPB, September 26, 2015, 06:40:15 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat NEW 2D Shinnok
#141  October 19, 2015, 04:11:38 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
Thanks again Max
#142  October 19, 2015, 05:52:58 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
This Max friend of yours is really making all of these really accurately. It only makes me more hyped to see this in Mugen.

Shit
#143  October 20, 2015, 09:27:49 am
    • USA
Fatality 1 sample
#144  October 20, 2015, 01:37:22 pm
  • Shit
I don't think the head popping out effect works too well in here. It has a better effect to it when the skeleton hand through the portal is big to the point it squeezes most of the character's body (like in MK4), because a hand big enough to press someone's chest sounds more like it would just break part of the person's bones, which doesn't has the same impact. In my opinion, a hand as big as Scorpion's Hell Hand fatality would be a more appropriate size-- actually, both fatalities are pretty similar, when I think about it, given they both come from the floor and everything.

Onto Shinnok himself, I feel that just having his arm to move does not feels very natural, and feels rather robotic. If anything, I imagine it would feel more adequate if he actually turned his upper body slightly around and leaned himself slightly forward, to give the impression that he's trying to reach out to catch something.

And at last, the laughing end could be more classic MK styled. For a first, I'd recommend that he poses like that towards the camera, rather than still looking at the opponent-- still with the skeleton arms and everything. The laugh itself also looks too weak, specially since laughter in MK at the time always had a more dramatic effect to it, so you could try to make him move his body back as he moves his head upwards-- in a similar fashion to Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn:

Shit
#145  October 20, 2015, 10:02:52 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Cool concept!

My comments:
-Should there be a smaller portal in front of Shinnok, that his normal-sized hand disappears into?
-The giant hand could definitely mimic his own movements better.
-Maybe you could try X Scaling the enemy a little bit to simulate the squish?

#146  October 21, 2015, 02:04:29 am
    • USA
Thank you guys for the feed backs. the hand and portal is bigger now.
I might make a few adjustments on shinnok action.
The laugh isn't final. might just have him just smile.

Good News: Someone else (a good friend) already wanna code him as soon as he's finish. Borg MIGHT use him as well (maybe), but he's focusing on his season 2 MKP stuff. other elements besides characters.

#147  October 22, 2015, 08:40:45 pm
    • USA
Thanks again Professor Max Arturo for the Assist!
#148  October 22, 2015, 11:49:10 pm
    • USA
#149  October 22, 2015, 11:58:09 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What does that have to do with this forum? What does that have to do with anyone? Why do you want your thread to become a discussion about this and make it dramatic? Why not just lock your thread and be done with it?

I always feel this is very rude to everyone else that has supported you to allow one person to ruin it. Like 1 bad makes all the good mute. But whatever it's up to you...
#150  October 23, 2015, 12:25:14 am
  • Shit
I honestly don't get how a dipshit who can't even realize that they're being a huge bother to everyone else in the the MKMP forums can be any relevant to your Shinnok progress. That urso user is an asshole (and I've seen his posts many times), but just because he tries to act all "I'M STRONG BOY!!", it doesn't means you have to stop showcasing your progress, because if that was the case, then Borg should totally stop posting in his own thread just because Urso ruins everything with his shitty Engrish demands

Really, if that's so much of a problem, you can just keep posting in this thread, because urso is not registered in this forum-- and in case he registers, I'm pretty sure his behavior would get him banned from here pretty quickly. Unlike the MKMP forum, the moderators in MFG actually do know when to ban someone.

Shit
#151  October 23, 2015, 07:06:34 am
    • USA
The Crying Man ain't no punk. I got some stuff ready, but been busy. I might post some stuff tomorrow or not. The Crying Man Keeps telling lurkers (well.. maybe once) don't be afraid to post. Have any question or criticism? Say it!  Don't spray it! 

My name is Rembrandt Brown

lui

#152  October 23, 2015, 07:47:44 am
    • USA
um...okay? just post in this thread dude, dont worry about anyone else. theres no reason to be so dramatic
#153  October 23, 2015, 09:20:45 am
    • USA
I apologize if i come off random. My phone is glitchy. I wanna thank motor Roach and you all should too. There's more to that post and let's just say it does effect shinnok's progress. Long story short, this idiot been flooding everyone's thread and chasing them away. Heck chased this good coder away (I think his name is blackacid). He might still be around. Ill try and send him a message.  Just making things clear. I had good plans for this character, but incompetent moderators. Making things clear!

BACK ON TOPIC!!
I need help deciding the 3rd fatality.  The 2nd one is a surprise (pretty easy). What should the 3rd fatality be?
I'm trusting mfg on this one

Note: calling the crying man dramatic better stop or lock this MF up. 3rd fatality go!!!
#154  October 23, 2015, 10:12:06 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I need help deciding the 3rd fatality.  The 2nd one is a surprise (pretty easy). What should the 3rd fatality be?
I'm trusting mfg on this one
Uhm...an Animality, maybe?
But what animal could Shinnok possibly turn into?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#155  October 23, 2015, 01:16:05 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
I know I'm late on this sick drama, but that urso guy just made me feel pissed and I wanted to call out names on him for making very bad and racist comments on you, Coop. Don't let anyone put you down. But hey, I enjoy looking at your work and it's always amazing to see how well you go with that effort. You have my support. Forget that urs-hole. Do your thing. Do what you want for your character 'cause we (MFG) have utmost support for you and your Shinnok project. We want to see Shinnok come to life.

Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#156  October 23, 2015, 01:22:07 pm
  • Shit
How about that one fatality from MK4 where he Shinnok disappears and then he summons two big skeleton hands to splat the opponent like a bug? Or, if you want something that is easier to execute, you could make that MKX Brutality in which he summons one skeletal hand from above to crush the opponent instead.

Something could be made out of his other powers, but I'm not really sure what.

Shit
#157  October 23, 2015, 01:50:40 pm
    • USA
I haven't really came up with an animality yet. Thanks enso. Great hearing that from you my man   The MkX. Brutality is the 2nd fatality! Great minds think a like!  I was thinking something with 2 hands. Might me the mk4 one. The 2nd one. Can have a different reaction
#158  October 23, 2015, 02:03:28 pm
    • USA
Trinitronity! !! A black panther!? Got the eyes like one! That could be his animality
#159  October 23, 2015, 03:41:52 pm
    • Brazil
    • anothermkfan@gmail.com
he could transform into a Triceratops
#160  October 23, 2015, 03:55:06 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
You could use the Corrupted Shinnok as transform finisher/"Animality".