YesNoOk

The 48 hours film project... featurinfg your friendly neighbour Thedge (Read 4169 times)

Started by Thedge, October 28, 2015, 12:02:04 am
Share this topic:
The 48 hours film project... featurinfg your friendly neighbour Thedge
#1  October 28, 2015, 12:02:04 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
A few weeks ago a friend ask me if I wanna participate of this event that was held in my city, his girlfriend's film school classmates were organizing themselves to produce the film and we could join.
I always liked to write stories, I made a couple of comics when I was younger, so when they begun with the writing I was there giving opinnions and ideas for the dialogues, at some point they told me if I wanna be acting there... I said hell yeah!!!
I never acted anywhere, not even in school performances, never been in a tv studio nor a film set, filming is tedious... but awesome!!!
We spent the whole saturday filming until 6am Sunday, that day was spent editing, editing was way harder than what I thought, I didn't knew video and audio where recorded indepently, didn't knew you need to match them later, so, with all the "damn, I didn't knew we need to do this" the short film is... not really done, there's a lot of stuff that does not make sense, there are missing scenes, you can't see what the doctor is actually doing... you can't see the microphone props that are central to the story, the pace is way off... well, you can tell we didn't have time to polish it.
Btw I'm the bald one in the black shirt.

Oh, it is in spanish, lol.

Enjoy... or not?

The idea was that the veterinarian is implanting surveilance devices on rich people's pets, my character is the link between the doctor and the government that is behind all these practices, he accidentally kills the dog from and important person and the story begins there.
A key scene is that the veterinarian had a similar device implanted before without his knowledge, the way is shown it's very vague, and we can't actually see what he was doing with the dog in the first scene.
The man with the cat on his lap is a famous lawyer/politician here.

Anyway, I suck at acting and it feels like a missed chance to make something I'd be proud of, but still, it is a first try and I know what I -and we- could make different to improve the quality, I can be a film director, hope to some day have chance.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
Re: The 48 hours film project... featurinfg your friendly neighbour Thedge
#2  October 30, 2015, 01:16:17 pm
    • Argentina
Thedge, our new Galán in Bolivia :P

I watched it because I was curious about how you look and sound. It's an odd short film but it was funny hearing you swearing lol
#3  October 30, 2015, 02:01:50 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Hey, for a debut this isn't half-bad. Granted I don't know any Spanish so I can't critique the writing or line delivery (ie: if what you're saying and how you say it conveys the stakes for your side), but it seems appropriately tense. Could probably git madder but like I said, dunno what the scene calls for.

I gotta admit that dog surgery at the beginning did a good job of pulling me in, because aside from the content matter, the variety of shots and frequency that they changed really added a sense of urgency and panic. It kinda slowed down after that, but I see some good concepts forthcoming.

And I agree with you, performing arts are just awesome to work with. Never acted, but I used to do practical effects for stageshows (my favorite one was building a bunch of tiny bombs to simulate a sewing machine having an electrical fire). It's just amazing what you can pull off with the right mindset and creativity.

I have a friend in film school who'd probably be better at offering critique than me. Mind if I show her?
#4  October 30, 2015, 02:24:22 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Thanks Hades and Jango, please do, I think it will be trashed, but as in spriting, with critique I can get better. :D
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#5  October 30, 2015, 02:42:36 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
There was the scene where you looked like you were holding the phone in anger, it kinda looked forced, but all in all, I kinda liked it (I would have loved it if I knew Spanish).

Nice work, Thedgey. :)
This is a generic forum signature.