YesNoOk

DC Television Universe Discussion Thread (Read 266357 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, May 14, 2015, 11:21:37 pm
Share this topic:
Re: DC Television Universe Discussion Thread
#81  November 05, 2015, 05:55:24 pm
Woo ! I like Wells-2's new attitude, he's pretty aggressive and merciless. And Dr. Light, Vibe, Zoom's weird zombie mask, this is going hard in metahuman territory.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#82  November 05, 2015, 07:12:32 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I was actually totally surprised that they made Linda Earth 2's Dr. Light, but I realized later that it's totally meant to set up Killer Frost later on

Also the ramp-up to Legends of Tomorrow is definitely in full stride, we've got Hawkgirl working at the coffee shop, Sara's soul is back in her body and the Quest for Ray Palmer happening next week
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#83  November 10, 2015, 03:37:47 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
SuperGirl discussion would go in this thread since it's not a part of Flash, Arrow, etc, right?

Anyway I'm really liking the show so far. But Kat is really getting on my nerves. I do hope they don't do a lot of mid air fights. That last fight scene looked horrible.

But so far it seems to have a lot of heart. Looking forward to more.
Re: Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#84  November 10, 2015, 03:42:10 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I think it works best in the DCTV thread even though a crossover doesn't seem super likely right now (but it is possible!).
Re: Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#85  November 10, 2015, 03:46:04 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Okay, I'll move it there. Flash and Arrow are still on my to watch list so I've been avoiding that thread in fear of spoilers.
#86  November 25, 2015, 10:17:26 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
"I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall"

Seems to be fun, wonder what their budget for the cgi is if they gonna be time travelling all the time
#87  November 25, 2015, 03:33:45 pm
    • USA
They've probably got more to work with, since this show is going to have a shorter season and CW is pinning a lot of hope on it.
This time
This time

Bea

#88  November 25, 2015, 04:50:57 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Okay, really liking what I saw there. Colour me interesting in this show.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#89  December 02, 2015, 10:08:29 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Holeeee shit... Vandal Savage was awesome.
#90  December 05, 2015, 06:38:47 pm
I really don't like this Hawkman, he's a bit of an idiot and not being actively relevant. I liked Michael Shanks' much better in Smallville at least for his personality ("think of me as your parole officer... but with a mace").
And holy shit stop making John Barrowman be such an insane complete jackass dumbshit so much.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#91  December 06, 2015, 04:55:46 am
    • Poland
I really don't like this Hawkman, he's a bit of an idiot and not being actively relevant. I liked Michael Shanks' much better in Smallville at least for his personality ("think of me as your parole officer... but with a mace").
And holy shit stop making John Barrowman be such an insane complete jackass dumbshit so much.

Yeah agreed on both accounts. Hawkman is kind of a douche + the girl who play Kendra can't act for shit too. Well DC definitely isn't marvel when it comes to casting... And they should REALLY decide if they want to make Malciolm an ally or an enemy because showing him as sort of good (?) guy and then switch it back to being a villain for cheap twist, is not fun anymore, Well, atleast both shows improved because of crossover (especially Arrow), even if it's just for a little bit. Oh and Damien Dhark is becoming parody of himself. All these speeches and magic stuff are supposed to be scary but they made me laugh instead. He is nowhere near scary and badass as Slade Wilson was.

Funny how they made most of Team Arrow basically useless in the episode. In the Flash they atleast gave Caitlin & Joe something to do, while in Arrow Diggle, Thea & Laurel were reduced to stand ins.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#92  December 09, 2015, 11:30:30 pm
What's that ? Arrow is ripping off everything Batman, but he doesn't have a Joker ? No biggie, the Trickster already has the very voice for the Joker to jump over to Flash ! Never was there a better casting match.
#93  December 10, 2015, 07:40:03 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
That was a disappointing Flash midseason finale to say the least
#94  January 22, 2016, 09:44:51 pm
God damn it, Legends of Tomorrow has a really awful directing. They had two shows to introduce it, and yet the first episode is still super rushed, and everyone has to overact and sum up everything about themselves in a few lines, just to be sure everyone is starting on the right foot, then everyone has to toss a few lines of dialog but it has to be super fast because there's just so many of them. The only good thing that came out of that messy introduction is Palmer finally giving us closure on how the hell he took his death-and-return experience (thanks Arrow for completely forgetting he even existed barely a couple episodes later).
(Oh, Gideon's back)
See, Rip takes everyone to the ship and immediately takes off - and then he remembers to tell everyone to sit down (and suddenly, chairs). Or listen to him explain his invisible ship by saying "of course a time travel ship has to be made invisible" but right when he takes off, it's visible again, and he zooms over the city before time riding (and two guys see the ship). And Stein has to go and ramble about "think of all the possibilities ! Science ! Dinosaurs !" like no one's ever thought about that before. Good thing it only lasts ten seconds, because remember they all have to talk super fast to keep things moving.

Every passing minute is giving me one more reason to write this off as shit, and there's barely any meat on the story yet.
#95  February 03, 2016, 08:50:21 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Bea

#96  February 04, 2016, 12:26:31 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Oh hell yes. :D
That will be awesome!
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#97  February 17, 2016, 03:30:24 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa

Azrael comes to Gotham. Still not understanding this show
Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:23:15 pm by Adam Taurus
#98  February 17, 2016, 03:46:38 pm
    • USA
Makes more sense than Mr. Freeze showing up already
This time
This time
#99  February 24, 2016, 11:12:07 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Well that Zoom reveal...
#100  February 24, 2016, 11:43:48 pm
Yeah, this is going crazy. With two guys with the same face and name, the guy in the mask is likely a third one, so there's something really weird going on. Jay blames Wells for creating Zoom, so did something happen that cause a split like that, and when ? Right from the start (the accelerator accident), presumably ? Also if the one in the mask ends up being the original and the one that came to Earth-1 was a duplicate, it might be a bit shitty for Caitlin.
I'm really liking how Cavanagh handled all these variations of his character too (as Thawne being patient for over a decade, then as Wells on a clock to save his daughter, and in hiding). With Martin (Joe West), there are some actors for who I really like how they approach their acting, it's quite a change from Arrow.

... Diggles freaking out with the meta stuff and the super speed was funny, but if he pulls it every freaking time he pops up, this is gonna get old fast (his reaction to King Shark was fine though, completely blanking out).
Oh, and looks like the Suicide Squad movie killed not only TV Waller, but also her idea of using metas for her suicide squad :P
Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:49:40 pm by Byakko