YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat: White Kid (Read 47729 times)

Started by MellyInChains, December 17, 2015, 01:24:58 pm
Mortal Kombat: White Kid
#1  December 17, 2015, 01:24:58 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
oy a new project after a bunch of unfinished ones! but i come into this one with more optimism than usual since i have plenty of good folk willing to chip in with assistance

so, basically, mortal kombat is fucking silly and my friends love laughing at it. so what better thing to do with it than make a really silly 'MK game' that, as a bonus, also plays well? after watching MK Too! again, i got inspired to start on another full-game project, and after playing lisa the painful, i also got inspired to attempt writing a unique soundtrack for the game. that bit probably won't go well, but we'll see. here's the roster without explanation so far. any live-action character goes, even some originals will be on the way. maybe you'll recognize some of the faces/modifications here, maybe you won't. consider it a teaser

[edit; the current roster line-up right now]

gameplay elements; KoF-style control layout, character-specific run/dash properties, 2 level 1 supers, 1 level 3 super, and a zetsumei ougi finisher. more aesthetic elements to be discussed later. will update with further news and info as this grows. for now, feel free to look at the 'trailer' which is 6 years old and basically sets the tone for this thing
Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:29:57 am by Runaway Melv
Re: Mortal Kombat: White Kid
#2  December 17, 2015, 01:30:18 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
The roster alone looks very fun already ;)

Pedro and silly Quan Chi ftw
#3  December 17, 2015, 02:10:08 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Aqua and Farmer are instant wins for me.
But where's Black Glass? Or Vomit?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#4  December 17, 2015, 02:37:52 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
It sounds like fun ...
good luck
#5  December 17, 2015, 03:25:57 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
If this had Nimbus Terrafaux I'd be fucking sold
#6  December 20, 2015, 07:18:46 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
Aqua and Farmer are instant wins for me.
But where's Black Glass? Or Vomit?

most likely not coming. maybe black glass will, but i wouldn't guarantee it. the ninja capacity is 3, and they all come from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd games, and i don't really want to start doing (multiple in the same game, heh) cheap paletteswaps

If this had Nimbus Terrafaux I'd be fucking sold

as much as i'd love to include him, there are zero sprites i can use to make a fully playable character out of him. unless somebody proceeds to prove me wrong.....

i'll proceed to post detailed bios, and show off a couple of newcomers. later on will be UI blueprints, possibly palettes, and stages. i wrote down movelists but they aren't worth much without seeing them in action. also two versions of me (one current, one shot in 2012) will be in the game alongside the eponymous White Kid (also going to be played by me), but i don't have the photos for them yet

AQUILLUXBORG HYDROXYBOT
Actor: Daniel Pesina
VA: Ryuuzaburo Outomo
Dislikes: Humans
Favorite Foods: Shrimp
Notes: Rumored to be in the European version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

The sole remaining survivor of his bizarre race, not much is really known about him other than the fact that he isn't taking his extinction very well. Little can be done to get around his boiling and seemingly unending rage, so those not that confident in their abilities try to avoid him.

CONNER
Actor: William Willis
VA: Nobuyuki Hiyama
Dislikes: Hoodlums
Favorite Foods: Protein Bars
Notes: Playable character in the Atari beat-em-up Guardians of the Hood. Movelist (and VA choice) based around GMSpectre's Real Fighter project.

Frequent gang activity led him to restoring order the hard way in his neighborhood, and eventually offered services to do the same in other neighborhoods. He's becoming less and less forgiving with each job, however, and is hoping White Kid will take care of this problem for good.

DR. KILN
Actor: a bunch of clay
VA: Charlie Adler
Dislikes: The necessary process to gain augments
Favorite Foods: Brick-oven pizza (he hates the other kinds)
Notes: The final boss in Clayfighter 63 1/3. Strangely enough, one of the least reliable characters in the game.

The good doctor basically jumped into the fray out of nowhere, and this gathering is basically a massive experiment for him. He's gained a lot of knowledge since the entirety of the Clay Fighters became his test subjects, and he still yearns for more. Aside from that, one of his experiments escaped the lab, and he's looking all around for him.

FARMER
Actor: Carlos Pesina
VA: Kazuhiro Yamaji
Dislikes: Prairie dogs
Favorite Foods: Rice
Notes: One of the four selectable Rayden variants in Mortal Kombat 6: 28 Peoples.

His crops took a huge hit from his village's drought, and slowly he began to lose his patience more and more with each cropless day. After it finally rained, he was hit by lightning in a freak accident when tending to his field. Mysteriously not a scratch was present on him, but in the process he completely lost his mind. His goals are not clear even to himself.

JOHN THE JANITOR
Actor: Daniel Pesina
VA: Ikuya Sawaki
Dislikes: Bleach (the fumes make him very dizzy)
Favorite Foods: Grapes
Notes: Taken from a VERY old circle of parody characters known as Mortal Kombat Mopologies.

A long-time janitor, he was famed for being one of the very few people that actually liked his job, and as such was considered an important item by the company and peers alike. However, he has had anger issues in the past that he is still trying to manage. A co-worker he became close with became ill with an incurable and mysterious disease, and soon after he was the only one in his workforce that wasn't hit with it. He seeks out White Kid for assistance.

MASKED WARRIOR III
Actor: Jay Tavare
VA: Kaneto Shiozawa
Dislikes: Being tested on
Favorite Foods: Cardboard (needless to say something went very wrong with the experiment)
Notes: Inspired by dxwho's edit of The Movie version of Vega, Masked Warrior II. That character was a 'sequel' to the final boss of Pit Fighter, Masked Warrior.

An enigmatic cyborg experiment subject that escaped Dr. Kiln's lab that is obsessed with being beautiful, even though the truth of that statement is debatable to most. He figures to confront White Kid to render the entire world to be just like him. It somehow doesn't occur to him that he could just ask to be a normal human again, but this kind of thing happens with botched experiments.

NAGA
Actor: 'Doria'
VA: Kazuko Yanaga
Dislikes: Not being able to find things
Favorite Foods: Eels
Notes: Playable character in Battle Monsters.

A dangerous Gorgon that hides out in an underground cave. One of her pet snakes escaped, and has decided to defeat White Kid to scope out its location, because she's not really the type to put much effort into things, considering how powerful she is.

NIM 'NIMROD' KANG
Actor: Eddie Wong
VA: various
Dislikes: How dreary these tournaments are
Favorite Foods: Burgers
Notes: Essentially the MK:WK avatar of a friend (Nimrodpowerz).

A man who initially seems goofy and harmless, he has killed the Twisted Metal head organizer Calypso in a past tournament, alongside many others. Only he knows what he's up to this time, but there's a horrifying secret hidden underneath his amusing exterior that only the most unlucky will discover for themselves.

NOKIA
Actor: Lia Montelongo
VA: Yuuko Nagashima
Dislikes: Standing around
Favorite Foods: Cereal bars
Notes: Based on one of the Sonya variants in Mortal Kombat 6: 28 Peoples.

An employee that loves selling cell phones. In fact, she loves them so much that she legally changed to her name to a cell phone brand, and is only involved with this to offer phones to people. Should probably be in other places other than a fighting tournament.

PEDRO
Actor: Michael O'Brien
VA: Yuji Mikimoto
Dislikes: Police officers
Favorite Foods: Mango pulp (with chili)
Notes: Rumored to be in the Playstation 1 version of Mortal Kombat 3.

A crass, heartless and narcissistic man. Used to be a proper police officer, then got discharged for unknown reasons. His lust for being in charge led him to join the underground crime circles, and has quickly risen up in power. This was not enough for him, though, and looks to defeat White Kid to become in charge of everything in the world. Hopefully even that will be enough for him.

RAIN
Actor: John Turk
VA: Bin Shimada
Dislikes: Being mistaken for other people
Favorite Foods: Ooho!
Notes: I had a dream about UMK3 Rain gaining a very bizarre fatality where he knocked the opponent into the Gracie Films logo. As such, he's mostly responsible for this project being put in motion.

A ninja who also happens to be a funk rock musician. This leads to him frequently being mistaken for another ninja, a much more famous funk rock musician, and the star of a TV show. This is extremely obnoxious to him and this gathering is an opportunity to put a stop to it, since any patience he had in the past is no longer present today.

SKANG-TSUNG
Actor: Ho Sung Pak
VA: Jin Yamanoi
Dislikes: Chaos
Favorite Foods: Skirt steak
Notes: Based on a misspelling in an NES pirate version of Mortal Kombat 1 (can't remember off the top of my head who it was)

Relative of a much less well-meaning sorcerer, Skang is a skeletal looking man who has managed to use a similar but more grotesque fighting style where he can change parts of his body to resemble others and copy their moves. Despite being the bodyguard of a man with questionable motives, Skang just wants to make sure nothing terribly bad happens to the world as a result of this gathering.

SUAN KHI
Actor: Rich Divizio
VA: various
Dislikes: Boring fighting tournaments
Favorite Foods: Cake
Notes: The MK:WK avatar of a friend (DrKelexo).

A jiangshi summoned from a distance by Quan Chi, who was modified to closely resemble him due to Quan Chi being extremely full of himself. Suan Khi doesn't have any intentions of fulfilling any of Quan's motives, however, and is simply here to explore and gain knowledge to organize his own tournaments.

THERMIA
Actor: ??? (I forgot where Catfight's casting list was)
VA: Wakana Yamazaki
Dislikes: Poachers
Favorite Foods: Coca-cola
Notes: Playable character in the shadily-produced PC fighting game, Catfight.

Gained ice powers from her extensive time spent around vast, snowy areas. She came across a gigantic train that crashed not far from where she was trekking at the time, and found only one survivor, whose last words were 'go to White Kid'. Long after (it took a lot time finding where the gathering was), she seeks to fulfill this wish, although she has a lot of questions...

these were a lot of fun to write, actually. and aside from a few possible new additions this is looking like the full roster. more to come (hopefully)
Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:18:12 pm by Runaway Melv
#7  December 20, 2015, 07:34:48 pm
  • For honor!
Please tell me the sprites used for Suan Khi are from that infamous MK Project Quan Chi
Iroha stripped for me
#8  December 20, 2015, 07:46:20 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
that quan chi is definitely going to make some sort of an appearance. mythologies quan has way more to work with in both palettes and sprites in the end, though, so he'll be the main source
#9  December 20, 2015, 07:56:11 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Is he gonna have Quan Chi's voices from that MK Mythologies outtake reel?
#10  December 20, 2015, 09:34:28 pm
  • Master Mugen Collection Maker and Mugen Enthusiast
    • hammerman398@gmail.com
All who's missing is Ninjakiller!

BTW, what happened to your Top Fighter 2011 project?
#11  December 20, 2015, 10:13:31 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#12  December 21, 2015, 02:04:05 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
Is he gonna have Quan Chi's voices from that MK Mythologies outtake reel?

probably, now that you've mentioned it

All who's missing is Ninjakiller!

BTW, what happened to your Top Fighter 2011 project?

ninjakiller missed the boat since ninjas from all 3 games are in and i don't want to add any 'duplicates'

i lost all of my files and the project itself in a hard drive crash a couple of years ago, and i don't really have any motivation to revisit the concept

Notes: I had a dream about UMK3 Rain gaining a very bizarre fatality where he knocked the opponent into the Gracie Films logo. As such, he's mostly responsible for this project being put in motion.
You are a very interesting person,you know
FARMER
You need to make him OP to compensate for the fact that he lost the MK4 tournament

bah, shucks....

man it took me a second to get the reference. if only technical reasons didn't get in the way of that mod being completed....

i will be very busy with work this week, but i'll see about getting some actual progress done soon
#13  December 21, 2015, 01:10:50 pm
    • hammerman398@gmail.com
Well, that sucks. :(
Would that also mean that your WIP page is outdated (since Joden is shown as a WIP)?

Anyways,  good luck on your project. I especially want to see what you could do with Dr. Kiln.
#14  December 23, 2015, 03:25:04 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
the wip page is way outdated at this point, yeah

and thanks; i'm curious too tbh lol

also two new challengers. might cap the additions now unless i feel there's an idea worth adding because i already have a lot here

NOOB SAIBOT
Actor: Rich Divizio
VA: Yusaku Yara
Dislikes: Loud noises
Favorite Foods: Century eggs
Notes: Non-playable Kano palette swap only found in vanilla Mortal Kombat 3.

As the mysterious undead ninja departed from his hideout, part of his subconscious remained left behind. Much time went on as this began building itself into its own tangible form, and he soon after left his liar. With each life stolen, he grows stronger, and believes taking White Kid's will put him into a deity-like position. Only he knows how his own ideal world looks like.

TRUCK DAVIS
Actor: Kevin Knotts
VA: Kouji Totani
Dislikes: His shotgun jamming up
Favorite Foods: Beer-battered chicken
Notes: Playable character from Tattoo Assassins.

Some time after the death of his gang, Truck took his time building it up again with new members. Luck wouldn't be kind to him as they all fell eventually as well. One friend barely was able to get out words, but was able to tell him a mustachioed policeman attacked them out of nowhere. Truck has no qualms about finding this person and giving him what's coming to him.

aaand that's that! i'm trying to work on a template character at the moment, but even on my day off i'm still busy. whoda thunk. stay tuned
#15  December 23, 2015, 05:58:26 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
If someone will do the sprites, then maybe Hsu Hao could join the fray as well.
Would be a perfect way to advertise your other game idea you have (Hsu Hao no Daiboken).
Just throwing my 2 cents, though.
===My discord servers===

#16  December 26, 2015, 09:23:07 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
if, IF somebody made good sprites of him (and since everyone hates him that's not likely), i'd go for it. but as it is....

been sorta messing around with palettes lately and adding stages, will post more about that later. i started on the 'vs portraits' (probably going to be used as super portraits? i'm not sure)

if these look at all familiar, it's because they're really bad edits of this stuff

i think i might mess around with frooty loops later on today, maybe come up with a title screen/select screen/vs/victory jingle at least. we'll see!
#17  December 27, 2015, 06:30:49 am
  • For honor!
I thought up ideas for moves and shit because of something.

Farmer
---------
Zetsumei Ougi: Raiden's MK1 fatality. The game never explains why Farmer's fatality makes more sense than the others.

John the Janitor
-----------
Super: He pulls out a mop and drops it to indicate that shit's going down. He temporarily gains Survival Arts damage values.

Naga
-----------
Zetsumei Ougi: One of the statues from La Fa's stage falls on the opponent and Naga simply responds with YA HA! while looking down at the pinned down opponent.

Nimrod
-----------
Zetsumei Ougi: The opponent realizes he/she forgot to eat and dies.

Nokia
----------
Special move: Sindel's scream but with signal bars instead of the scream lines.

Super: Using the arm swipe move she does during a dial combo but with a smart phone super-imposed into her hand, she repeatedly smashes the smart phone into the opponent.

Skang-Tsung
----------
Super: He transforms into GBA Hsu Hao to do the communist dance.

Zetsumei Ougi: He transforms into GBA Hsu Hao to do the chest laser fatality.

Suan-Khi
------------
Special: He hangs his head and says "I forgot my line". If the opponent interrupts this moment of self defeat by attacking him during the counter frames he screams out in frustration with his outtakes, knocking the opponent over.

Super: The question marks from The Riddler's stage in Batman Forever launch out of Suan-Khi to assault the opponent.

Zetsumei Ougi: Neck Stretch.

Thermia
------------
Zetsumei Ougi: Thermia suddenly bleeds green and a mutated appendage bursts out of Thermia's chest to devour the opponent's head. She swears that she's the real Thermia shortly after.

Noob Saibot
--------------
Zetsumei Ougi: He beats the shit out of the opponent and flips them off.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:36:12 am by Alpaca-San
#18  December 28, 2015, 03:06:29 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
these are all utterly brilliant (thermia does look a great deal like kimberly but with a face that has sensible sideways proportions...) and will implement almost all of them. i say 'almost' because i'm mulling over john's, although in the end he will have a reference to that video. and farmer is using color separated mk2 sprites that i jacked from borg's mk project edit so i'm not sure if i have appropriate sprites for that. we'll see though. maybe mk1 farmer will pop up behind them
#19  December 30, 2015, 03:51:47 am
    • hammerman398@gmail.com
The thing I like most about your project is how you include characters from other digitized fighters, which makes it have more variety ;).

Perhaps there could be a representative from Blood Warrior and Dong Dong Never Die (I'll let you decide).
#20  December 30, 2015, 08:44:48 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
===My discord servers===