YesNoOk

Battle of Legends - compilation wip updated character select screen in pg6 (Read 88804 times)

Started by goldeneragaming, December 18, 2015, 08:23:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: War of the Immortals - canceled - will be creating own screenpack
#41  December 27, 2015, 10:06:16 pm
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
I never received nothing on my YouTube mail and i have a alert of pm on my iPhone, i have a account here too, so never receive nothing.
And PLEASE dont EDIT my work.

um, please stop demanding someone to stop editing "your" stuff. permissions arent required  and its a bad idea to yell at someone about it. just move on dude.

I feel bad about stealing it "without permission." Even though I clearly sent a message to youtuber "Logansam21"4

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUCYVxze_5gxVPa6sR7891w

That's the youtuber I private messaged.

I guess I can just edit it to the point no one knows it was once his :)

New options:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:47:33 am by goldeneragaming

lui

Re: War of the Immortals - canceled - will be creating own screenpack
#42  December 27, 2015, 10:10:32 pm
    • USA
its not even stealing but whatever. do what ya like.

im not even sure logansam is telling the truth about not getting your message, how would he have even known about this screenpack otherwise? he never visits this forum and pretty much only goes to mmv, i know he's a big stickler for "permissions" and stuff, so im thinking as soon as he saw "his" stuff edited through the link you gave him he went here to demand you to stop, for some odd reason. idk, it seems really fishy to me.

hes probably gonna be pissed at me through this post too, :\ oh whale.
Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:19:16 pm by walruslui
Re: Battle of Legends - mugen compilation w.i.p
#43  December 27, 2015, 11:48:00 pm
    • USA
Screenshot of new logo running in game

Video of new intro with new logo coming later tonight
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:50:26 am by goldeneragaming
#44  December 28, 2015, 12:22:53 am
    • Colombia
@goldeneragaming you can use my SP but dont edit it,i  want respect to my work, thats all. I dont like Edits. And i dont need to lie about this, i never received nothing.

@walruslui i always check this site. And (CC,MMV).
Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:27:05 am by logansam
#45  December 28, 2015, 12:29:12 am
    • USA
@goldeneragaming you can use my SP but dont edit it,i  want respect to my work, thats all. I dont like Edits. And i dont need to lie about this, i never received nothing.

@walruslui i always check this site.

where's the respect to my work?

I've been doing this for like a month now. I had to change all of those portraits and resize a bunch of stuff.

Your name is still in the first screen, I'm giving credit.

I was already finished but you have lit a fire under me and I'm going to edit the fuck out of this now.

I was going to leave it mostly untouched but now....you won't recognize it.

I'm sorry but I've been messing around with your screenpack for a while. Besides, isn't that what this community is all about?

Having the ability to edit everything?

Why release stuff if you didn't want it to be edited?

I HAD to edit your screenpack because none of the chars I got matched your portraits, plus, you didn't release a full game.

Morrigan new intro screen:

Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:50:50 am by goldeneragaming
#46  December 28, 2015, 05:11:26 am
    • USA
Very rough draft:

Going to be changing the main menu some more.
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:51:12 am by goldeneragaming
#47  December 28, 2015, 05:34:17 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines

I've been doing this for like a month now. I had to change all of those portraits and resize a bunch of stuff.

I was already finished but you have lit a fire under me and I'm going to edit the fuck out of this now.

I'm sorry but I've been messing around with your screenpack for a while. Besides, isn't that what this community is all about?

I HAD to edit your screenpack because none of the chars I got matched your portraits, plus, you didn't release a full game.

your work? yet you only did its a silly minor edit (nothing major there) meh this nothing just a silly compilation what ever look at it

you better respect the author if the he dont want someone to edit his work you better accept it either you like it or not
#48  December 28, 2015, 06:19:10 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Look, I really hate to say something like this, but to be honest, why don't I just slap my name on my Legacy mugen and release it? I've edited a lot of the characters in my roster, gave a lot of them new original custom palettes, edited their power and defense, hit sparks, etc. So that means I made it, right? And to be honest, the sprite styles match and it looks way better than this. No offense.

My next release will be this awesome MvC 2 game that I MADE. You know, I sent someone a message once, so now it's mine to release. Right Walruslui?

You made a mugen compilation. Just like everyone else on this forum, and countless others. No one releases them. They are not "full games". If you want to see a full game, check out the new DBZ Z2 full game Iced released. That's a full game. Or ShinRei's Capcom vs SNK Universe, where he edited every single character so they are all balanced with the same hit sparks and basic moves (rolls, dodges, etc), added tag functionality to everyone and made it playable online.  In other words, you should add something original and new or unique to a project before you start claiming you did all this work and it's your original work. Those games took real work. Way more than a month.

Just my opinion. Do what you want, just don't expect everyone to fall over backwards for you.

I'm in a bad mood, so please excuse me if I came off a bit too harsh.
#49  December 28, 2015, 11:56:49 am
    • USA

your work? yet you only did its a silly minor edit (nothing major there) meh this nothing just a silly compilation what ever look at it

you better respect the author if the he dont want someone to edit his work you better accept it either you like it or not

Isn't everything on mugen just a minor edit? No one here invented these characters. We have no right to do any of this. Did he draw those comics? Did he play the music? Did he code everyone of those characters? Can you even download the full game? NO. You can download a screenpack and I did but I'm editing the fuck out of it. I decided on the roster. I changed the portraits. I downloaded every char. I made sure every char had good matches on hard 8 against one another. I fixed hitboxes, ticks and everything I could on a large amount of the roster. I added 80+ stages and put music on all of it. I put stages to everyone you fight against in arcade mode. I fixed all of the vs screen portraits. I fixed the victory screen portraits. I made this screen pack available for 1.1! This is a 1.0 screen pack. I added the street fighter 3 lifebars and updated them from 1.0 to 1.1. I'm in too far. I'm finishing this because I'm barely 30% done but this will get released.

Get on my youtube channel "golden era gaming" and watch how much work I've done.

Look, I really hate to say something like this, but to be honest, why don't I just slap my name on my Legacy mugen and release it? I've edited a lot of the characters in my roster, gave a lot of them new original custom palettes, edited their power and defense, hit sparks, etc. So that means I made it, right? And to be honest, the sprite styles match and it looks way better than this. No offense.

My next release will be this awesome MvC 2 game that I MADE. You know, I sent someone a message once, so now it's mine to release. Right Walruslui?

You made a mugen compilation. Just like everyone else on this forum, and countless others. No one releases them. They are not "full games". If you want to see a full game, check out the new DBZ Z2 full game Iced released. That's a full game. Or ShinRei's Capcom vs SNK Universe, where he edited every single character so they are all balanced with the same hit sparks and basic moves (rolls, dodges, etc), added tag functionality to everyone and made it playable online.  In other words, you should add something original and new or unique to a project before you start claiming you did all this work and it's your original work. Those games took real work. Way more than a month.

Just my opinion. Do what you want, just don't expect everyone to fall over backwards for you.

I'm in a bad mood, so please excuse me if I came off a bit too harsh.

I'm barely 30% done, I plan on still fixing every chars A.I. having the game be fully balanced AND adding an in depth story mode.

I'm sorry my .3 release has angered you so.

You're still reading all of this?

Have another screen shot:

Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:51:35 am by goldeneragaming
#50  December 28, 2015, 02:44:32 pm
    • USA
traded out the old Psylocke for Divinewolfs version, decided on palettes and put her in an a.i test against Chun Li

Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:52:01 am by goldeneragaming
#51  December 28, 2015, 02:55:28 pm
    • Colombia
first i want respect and no disrespectful comments.

all of you know that i put my best to bring a good work to the mugen, i take time from my family and my job to finish my projects. i really like to share my work with all of you, because for my that is my payment.
the joy to see that my work is making someone happy, i know some of you have to work and take some time from your rest to play deserve a really good character.
i dont like "edits" i PERSONALLY think that if you made the edits and only change the logos you don't bring nothing new to the mugen players.

so,

Do your own work. Dont be lazy.

thank you

P.S

forget about who is the owner of the chars,marvel and dc, capcom are the owners we know it, IS NOT ABOUT COPYRIGHTS IS ABOUT OUR TIME.
#52  December 28, 2015, 03:04:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Goldeneneragaming , be more polite, and I hope you start editing your own stuff eventually, editing others stuff only goes so far in the path of learning, it would also help if you kept a better attitude towards your fellow users.

logansan, editing stuff is how most people learn, and on this forum is not forbidden at all, while edited stuff will typically be lower quality than the original its a normal step on the ladder of newcomers, so please don't be rude to people that do so, even tho i understand the temptation. See it as a compliment more than an insult, hes so much your fan that he can't work without your work.
#53  December 28, 2015, 03:08:49 pm
    • USA
Goldeneneragaming , be more polite, and I hope you start editing your own stuff eventually, editing others stuff only goes so far in the path of learning, it would also help if you kept a better attitude towards your fellow users.

logansan, editing stuff is how most people learn, and on this forum is not forbidden at all, while edited stuff will typically be lower quality than the original its a normal step on the ladder of newcomers, so please don't be rude to people that do so, even tho i understand the temptation. See it as a compliment more than an insult, hes so much your fan that he can't work without your work.

You are correct so I'm sorry I was impolite. I am a huge fan of Logansams work and the truth of it is, His work is the only reason I came back to mugen.
#54  December 28, 2015, 05:08:48 pm
    • USA
Editing being of lower quality *cough* is subjective, but uh as someone said above I suggest making things more uniform. If you do edit, edit it to the point that they wouldn't even recognize it & question rather it's truly an edit or not ha. You have to do more than change "values" with the cast of characters you have there, but I mean you have it in the title "compilation" so I assume you understand this? I get where you are coming from if you have a similar vision/idea doesn't hurt to improve on something pre-exsisting or use it as a base. Time constraints & what not, but you really have to make it stand out & make core system changes before truly calling it your own. When it comes to "full games" though, things should definitely be consistent. Presentation is also key. One thing that is true though, you really do learn from it. If you really want to make this unique take one characters system & create a template. You could say.. Give them all Third Strikes core system. Everyone should work the same & still maintain their unique traits(that's where your values come in).
#55  December 28, 2015, 06:28:54 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Imma come off harsh but it's simply my opinion, both look pretty bad.

GEG is clearly taking the time and learning from editing this, and he's OPENLY stating it's an edit so there should be no issues. We know it's an edit. We know what he edited because he gave credit to it.
GEG, honestly, if you feel a ways about it I'd suggest just edit someone else's screenpack who won't have a titty attack.

Do your own work. Dont be lazy.

thank you

P.S

forget about who is the owner of the chars,marvel and dc, capcom are the owners we know it, IS NOT ABOUT COPYRIGHTS IS ABOUT OUR TIME.
Couldn't the same thing be said for your chars? The sprites aren't from scratch after all...

If it's about time, GEG is taking the time to work on this edit. It's not that serious. He's giving credit to you instead of claiming it as all his own work.
Everything is an edit. You had to edit the default mugen sp to make yours, no?
#56  December 28, 2015, 08:05:53 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
There's nothing wrong with edits, in my opinion. I just think that they should be, ya know, edited, before taking credit for it. Changing a few values, or portraits, is not enough. Looking at it, you can understand why Logansam might be feeling a certain way about it. He really just added characters to Logansam's sp and put his name on it. That seems a little suspect to me.

With all that said, I really don't want to be a part of the sprite police or anything like that. I just respect Logansam, he puts a lot of work into his releases, and he is just about the only person making quality DC Comics characters these days (along with like two other people). So I guess that kind of made me feel a certain way, ha. He did give credit, so yeah, maybe I'm making something out of nothing. None of it really has to do with me, so I probably should have stayed out of it.

Anyway, listen to what Rei says, he knows his $#!+ when it comes to these kinds of things.
#57  December 28, 2015, 10:15:34 pm
    • USA
Editing being of lower quality *cough* is subjective, but uh as someone said above I suggest making things more uniform. If you do edit, edit it to the point that they wouldn't even recognize it & question rather it's truly an edit or not ha. You have to do more than change "values" with the cast of characters you have there, but I mean you have it in the title "compilation" so I assume you understand this? I get where you are coming from if you have a similar vision/idea doesn't hurt to improve on something pre-exsisting or use it as a base. Time constraints & what not, but you really have to make it stand out & make core system changes before truly calling it your own. When it comes to "full games" though, things should definitely be consistent. Presentation is also key. One thing that is true though, you really do learn from it. If you really want to make this unique take one characters system & create a template. You could say.. Give them all Third Strikes core system. Everyone should work the same & still maintain their unique traits(that's where your values come in).

You're actually the one who inspired me! I'm going to try and give every char the third strike parry system. Thanks so much!
#58  December 28, 2015, 11:44:09 pm
    • USA
I've learned how to make palettes.

All day, I've been fixing chars who wouldn't switch their defaults on mugen 1.1

I got to spiderman and noticed he only had 8 palettes.

This forced me to learn how to make palettes.

Here's a screen of two palettes I made:

EDIT: two more spidey pals including a palette in which I went for spiderman in the symbiotic suit

Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:53:03 am by goldeneragaming
#59  December 29, 2015, 05:24:28 pm
    • USA
I've decided every char will have at least 9 different palette colors.

Here's a screen of Lakers Gambit vs Bulls Gambit and the palettes were made by me:

EDIT:

short video showing off palettes.....on to parries!

EDIT 2:

so I was just pressing buttons and then this happened

I named him shit man with the power to look like shit

Edit 3: Shitman was deleted
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:54:07 am by goldeneragaming
#60  December 30, 2015, 08:30:32 am
Dude, you are like me a newcomer here so I am gonna give you a bit of feedback.
Fix you portraits so many of them have a white line around them also when you re-size them do not strech them.
Use renders if need be just keep them consistent  and one size.
This is a render, with a transparent background.
http://pre08.deviantart.net/1bc5/th/pre/f/2013/209/c/8/superman_render_by_tjfx-d6fnf47.png
Use these they do not have  a white outline around them and DO NOT STRECH THEM.
Your select screen will look much better.