YesNoOk

2D Fighter Maker 2nd Japanese version (Read 35291 times)

Started by Yoshin222, December 28, 2015, 03:26:58 am
Share this topic:
2D Fighter Maker 2nd Japanese version
#1  December 28, 2015, 03:26:58 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
I've talked to a bunch of people, and have learned that for the project i'm working on, i need the Japanese version of 2d Fighter Maker 2nd. Could no one please respond with 'Search it' or 'Google' or something because i tried and it is NOWHERE. I've honestly run out of options and would HUGELY appreciate the help here
Re: 2D Fighter Maker 2nd Japanese version
#2  December 28, 2015, 07:59:52 pm
    • USA
    • blac-dragoon.deviantart.com

dragoon316: The definition of Defiance.
#3  December 28, 2015, 10:07:27 pm
    • UK
#4  December 29, 2015, 02:43:26 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
May I ask why you need this particular version?
#5  December 29, 2015, 08:49:25 pm
    • UK
May I ask why you need this particular version?

I need it because as i am aware of, the Translated version is not supported by Enterbrain, essentially making it impossible to create a game of commercial use without it being illegal. The Japanese version is fine however, and my plan was to use the translated version to create the game, and then compile it using the Japanese engine, making it perfectly legal.
#6  December 29, 2015, 09:09:27 pm
  • Raging Fist
^ can't go wrong with that logic. Use translated version to make the stages, chars, etc, then the japanese version to compile it all together = COMPLETELY LEGAL.
#7  December 29, 2015, 09:37:17 pm
    • UK
^ can't go wrong with that logic. Use translated version to make the stages, chars, etc, then the japanese version to compile it all together = COMPLETELY LEGAL.

Alright sorry i worded myself wrong i'll explain better. Essentially, the deal is that using the software in and of itself is fine, and games can be compiled with the translated version. However, due to it being an unofficial translation, while it may be available to use and create games, it is illegal to compile games using the translated version to make a profit. I assure you that i am not lying or pulling this out of my a## because games using this method have been created, and a couple are even on Steam (I believe Nidhog was created like that, along with Vanguard princess, of which after talking to some people who were able to get a hand of the files, they confirmed that the game was compiled using the Japanese version.) Using the translation for non-commercial purposes is completely fine, as in essence it is the same engine just in English. The main reason i would like the Japanese version is simply to have the commercial option if i do so feel confident in the game i have created. I know this logic sounds screwy but i promise it is not a word of a lie or false.
#8  December 29, 2015, 09:44:17 pm
  • Raging Fist
dont feel bad bud I know what you mean. Might I ask though, what game are you making with this?
#9  December 29, 2015, 09:46:37 pm
    • UK
dont feel bad bud I know what you mean. Might I ask though, what game are you making with this?

Truthfully i am not even close to finished. As i said, i truthfully would just appreciate the option maybe for further down the line.
#10  January 11, 2016, 07:26:49 pm
    • Edtion.TK
This page links to this page and, while I speak very little Japanese and read none but 1 or 3 syllables and some romanticized words of it, I'm pretty sure it's discontinued and not being licensed for resale, with Enterbrain all but abandoning it. It may be because I'm not registered with an account there but if you're just looking for a free download of it, it doesn't matter what version it was compiled in, your "licensed game" would still be illegal.

Your whole legality thing only even matters to anyone that matters if Enterbrain 1)learns about the game, 2)looks at the files to see what they were compiled in, and 3) bothers to bring any legal action to you (i.e. requesting you cease&desist and/or reporting you to an authority), which all comes down to a VERY SIMPLE matter of a "company" wanting like $20 or whatever from someone for using an old program of theirs. -_-

Suggestion: If you want to actually do something, then just do it. Start making content and if you can get something that anyone would even want to pay for, then start selling it. If Enterbrain or wherever you upload it had any problems with it, they would try to work something out with you (provided you're not just a prick trying to get over on them), and if it came down to it, there would be nothing stopping you from migrating your content to another engine such as Game Maker, Unity or UE4...or building your own engine but don't do that.
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:32:05 pm by Edtion
#11  January 11, 2016, 08:44:11 pm
    • UK
Hm. I can understand that. I'm pretty sure its considered Abandonware by this point. I appreciate the words, gives me stuff to think about. Thank you
#12  June 17, 2017, 02:53:37 am
  • Screenpack Editor
    • Canada
#13  June 17, 2017, 05:44:54 pm
    • Edtion.TK
That's because everyone is letting it die, like this thread you necroed.

I was googling it to see how easy it was going to be to simply look elsewhere then I found it's nowhere XD
Luckily for you, 1) I'm a hoarder, 2) I was still subscribed to this thread via email , and 3) I still have the program and data.

These are the 2D Fighter Maker 2nd original archive files I have. I don't know what 2DFM2ndRound(Destiny) is or why the tutorials are in an .exe, so whatever happens you're on your own.
Only thing I can guarantee about them is I didn't make or alter them nor do I recall any virus coming out of them.
With that being said:

2DFM2ndRound(Destiny).rar
fighter_maker_2002_help_files.rar
fighter_maker_2002_rtp.rar

The links will die after like 30 days of inactivity (or something) so if you want to keep access alive, you'll have to mirror/re-share it yourself.
#14  June 17, 2017, 05:48:31 pm
    • UK
Huh, interesting
Not gonna lie forgot this existed XD Thanks for the links tho, will have a look at em. You might want to use something like Mediafire in the future, as stuff shared using that won't die so quickly
#15  June 17, 2017, 05:53:33 pm
    • Edtion.TK
I use to use mediafire, then they started getting all advertisement happy.
Zippy is quick to upload, quick to download, and I don't care if/when the links die ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#16  June 17, 2017, 07:14:08 pm
I tried to download some of those files and Chrome and Kaspersky warned me about malicious files.