YesNoOk

Capcom X Snk  (Read 792589 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, September 09, 2014, 06:08:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom Vs. Snk Universe!
#401  December 29, 2015, 07:20:53 am
Im not a fan of this update thing, why not finish it first(take as much time as you need do not listen to anybody)
And then release only bug fixes if needed.On the other hand though we can spot bugs now and try to help in someway.
I dunno, its your call. If you need any photoshop or sound help feel free to PM me, I'll do the best that I can.
I am looking more foreword to this then SFV lol
Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:32:07 am by PeXXeR
#402  December 29, 2015, 07:28:11 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Hey.I keep on clicking on the download link, but it won't download. Or everytime i click it, it say "
the file you are trying to download is no longer available." Can someone re-uploadthe link? Thank you very much
There is a link on his Youtube channel.

I agree with the update method, actually. This is a very ambitious, large potentially ongoing project that seems like it would be subject to multiple updates as time progresses. Plus, treating it as an ongoing thing as opposed to something that needs to get "finished" opens it up more for others to contribute and assist in its growth. Ultimately it's up to the creator, but I like the idea of periodic updates. It's much more efficient and accessible imo.
#403  December 29, 2015, 07:58:48 am
Hey yo Rei send me some char names and I'll help you come up with quotes and dialogue.
#404  December 29, 2015, 08:05:44 am
Hey.I keep on clicking on the download link, but it won't download. Or everytime i click it, it say "
the file you are trying to download is no longer available." Can someone re-uploadthe link? Thank you very much

I agree with the update method, actually. This is a very ambitious, large potentially ongoing project that seems like it would be subject to multiple updates as time progresses. Plus, treating it as an ongoing thing as opposed to something that needs to get "finished" opens it up more for others to contribute and assist in its growth. Ultimately it's up to the creator, but I like the idea of periodic updates. It's much more efficient and accessible imo.

That is also a very legit point.
#405  December 29, 2015, 01:22:37 pm
    • USA
Well.. I suggested the update method because I really want to take my time, but still give you something to have in the mean time. I dislike the feeling of time constraints, or being rushed. The con to that is, I always end up going back & changing/fixing things so that'd mean updating too often. Not to mention I spend a considerable amount of time of each character individually. The characters may seem inconsistent now only because before hand I basically released my unfinished stuff(most of the edits you have now). I'll see if I can put together a demo of sorts & then basically add characters in as I complete them in sets.

As for the dialogue(includes victory quotes).. I have a topic here for custom intros. You are welcome to post your ideas there or send it to me directly. I'd like some for everyone, or rather whatever help I can get I'd accept & basically fuse our ideas together if necessary to create some sensible character interaction(Like you could see those characters saying that to one another), even those I may have done could use some reworking. My roster is steady growing LOL, but you can just look at my videos & see who is in. I'll give you the official list though. I'll post then in the other thread as well.

Main Roster so far.. (Some I didn't list because on the fence about their inclusion such as Zankuro, Goah, and other niche SNK characters.)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#406  December 29, 2015, 03:27:31 pm
    • USA
#407  December 29, 2015, 04:45:23 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Great roster. Adding Breakers and Persona characters is huge. Can't wait for the final product.
#408  December 30, 2015, 05:50:29 am
    • USA

Thanks. I found it. Is there an evolve group or hamachi group I can join

I'm assuming you must be one of my YouTube guys? Or not. Anywho. If you want in, direct message me. This will be on an exclusive scale for the time being. I'll ready something soon for those interested & have been a part of this. I won't mole box this demo, but I'll only include about 24 characters. I honestly don't want to use this forum as a base of operations, but for now just bare with it until I find a new site. I may just create a web page of my own which is likely.

Typing on phone so within the quote box whatever.
#409  December 30, 2015, 06:00:46 am
  • Raging Fist
whoa whoa, I read that this is to be moleboxed. Is this really true?
#410  December 30, 2015, 06:20:06 am
    • USA
Yes, you read right. I'm doing this with a sense of purpose. As in this is why you should play this. I don't care about sharing the characters/edits, but the extra stuff like dialogue & other extensive changes is "exclusive" as well as certain characters like Shoma, Roberto, Jago etc. The victory quotes for example, you don't have that issue with regular mugen so it would make no difference anyway. Focusing on the full-game aspects before anything else. So yes if you had planned to simply reap the rewards you shall be disappointed. This is what is unique to this game & is the selling point.
#411  December 30, 2015, 06:55:56 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Does that mean you won't be releasing any of your edits?

Also, is there any character you would recommend using as a basic template for new characters in this style? There isn't any decent template out there, is there?
#412  December 30, 2015, 07:14:47 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Yes, you read right. I'm doing this with a sense of purpose. As in this is why you should play this. I don't care about sharing the characters/edits, but the extra stuff like dialogue & other extensive changes is "exclusive" as well as certain characters like Shoma, Roberto, Jago etc. The victory quotes for example, you don't have that issue with regular mugen so it would make no difference anyway. Focusing on the full-game aspects before anything else. So yes if you had planned to simply reap the rewards you shall be disappointed. This is what is unique to this game & is the selling point.

That seems a little bit...redundant. It isn't necessarily very hard to unpack a moleboxed game. It seems like that would be extra effort that is far better spent completing a quality game, as such is your goal. Not to mention even if it was hard to access the individual components, that would just make it harder to find bugs and help detect/fix any issues with characters or the game in general.

I can confidently say that most people in this thread are interested in the effort you've put into the game as a whole, I don't think anyone plans to "reap the benefits" (whatever that means) of an already well-made, quality game. There wouldn't really be any point, and if someone wants to, that doesn't change the pull to the game at all. Especially if the characters are edited to include custom intros, that would make them not fit into a regular MUGEN SP anyway (unless you were planning on releasing v-quoteless versions of your edits later. In which case..alrighty. Disregard all the above). If you were actually selling it I could see the appeal, but it's just wasted effort really.

It's just my two cents really. In my experience here, you'll save a big headache by focusing on the product as opposed to protection/stealing/ripping etc. No need to treat the consumer like a thief lol, everyone who's here is here because they dig your work!
#413  December 30, 2015, 07:46:10 am
    • USA
You had it right the second time. I wasn't referring to characters unless specified. I literally meant all the intros & extra cosmetics. Also selling point did not literally mean selling. It's really not as difficult as you would think. It's the same thing Beximus does & I actually learned from him. Just made some valid points. It's kinda like why would anyone need to play this when they could simply remove it & insert into say a cvs3 screenpack? Then at the same time you are right because I'm like? I don't even give a fuh. More so than keeping anything sacred it just looks more uniform & arranged. All full games I've seen have used this method. I like how it looks. Also to note, I have two separate folders, before & after for things I do specifically for IKEMEN so yeah it'd basically be exactly the same with the exclusion of the text & intros etc.
#414  December 30, 2015, 08:00:31 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Feelin' it, right on man
#415  December 30, 2015, 08:32:08 pm
    • USA
Alright so.. Community.. Put your pride aside for a second.. I need the opinion of some other fighting fanatics. Alright so basically.. I have this list. This list contains bosses from various franchises.. I ask that you organize them from Strongest to weakest.(In your opinion & why) The why because I'm collecting data which I'll use to write the script. At least a tiny description so I can pull some personality from this(Even like "they beat Terry so blah blah). So here goes..

(No particular order & I'm kinda assuming that you'd only post here if you've played all these games and/or know your stuff.) P.S ignore spelling errors lol

These three I feel are absolute tier(as in they up there lol)

Asura,God Rugal, Shin Akuma
Bison, Geese, Serious Mr.Karate
Krauser, Mr.Big, Orochi
Neo-Dio, Mukai, Shion
Magaki, Nameless, Goenitz
Ignitz, Pyron, Ingrid
Krizalid, Mr.X, Gouken
Saisyu, Chizuru, Mukai
Amakusa, Zero, Blade
Zankuro, Kain, Grant
Shinnosuke Kagami, DIO, Justice
White, King Leo, Johann
Jedah, Vergil, Sigma(OAN Are there any good sprites??)
Gill, Seth, Bai-Hu
Shang tsung, Fulgore, Magneto
Dr.Doom, Setsuna, Dizzy
& just for fun "ORO"

I may have missed some? Let me know if I did? Not sure, but I'm going off of what sprites I know I have access to.
Some of these like "DIO" for example I know I know, but lets try to make it work somehow.

It doesn't have to be all super perfect/accurate just interested in other opinions & yes I know the list is a doozy
#416  December 31, 2015, 02:13:42 am
  • Raging Fist
well, I find it sad considering you're moleboxing the game (which in turn despite trying to make it unique is kinda overdoing it), but so far so good.
I wish your team luck regardless.
#417  December 31, 2015, 03:30:39 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
I think the problem is Sigma, and Shang Tsung. Shang Tsung I know by chance you can check the Mugen multiverse downloads section and check it out as for sigma why cant you make your'e own version of him with x1 through x3 sprites. If not possible I don't what else to tell you. Oh can I add a little suggestion to the final roster? Ragna the Bloodedge from Blazblue. Could go perfect against Sol.
Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:40:27 am by sonic54
#418  December 31, 2015, 04:56:38 am
    • USA
New let's play series on my channel thought I'd start with this seeing as it's the reason I am doing this.
Now you can see for yourself..

The comments above me 1. you didn't read what I said 2. Gotcha
#419  December 31, 2015, 05:05:58 am
  • Raging Fist
O_o so wait.
at release, there's gonna be two different versions, one moleboxed for fullgame, and one thats not for anything (possibly Mugen)? Sorry if I didn't read up I was replying via phone.
also very nice game of choice for a gaming vid. to me CVS2 was an endless classic, and I have it for the gamecube. Was rather difficult at times to pull off some moves but I managed and learned, even got plenty of hours on it + gave every character a special SNKish start color.
#420  December 31, 2015, 08:46:48 am
    • USA
Yes correct. This game is what inspires me to do everything that I do. It goes beyond mugen, or "pots" style. Truly just love this game. I have it on ps2,DC,& cube. DC version is the best though. Also.. You get the chance to see me back up what I say & see it's not simply arrogance. Ay this game on hardest though.. Right there under third strike I tell ya. Kamakaze probably knows.. haha

Want me to let you guys in on a crazy secret? Megaman actually made me better at fighting games LOL
reading patterns & what not. I would let's play my X collection, but I recently beat X-X3 and I never want to play them again.. haha