Re: Capcom Vs. Snk Universe!
#481  January 04, 2016, 11:24:16 pm
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
I'm too hype for this now! I'm going to check out the demo later
#482  January 05, 2016, 12:07:03 am
    • USA
Anyone have any concept ideas for a victory screen? What I'm using now is really just a place holder. From the video you can see I've started to gather victory themes as well. I was going to give each character their own unique one, but that might take a min to gather.
#483  January 05, 2016, 12:32:23 am
    • USA
Anyone have any concept ideas for a victory screen? What I'm using now is really just a place holder. From the video you can see I've started to gather victory themes as well. I was going to give each character their own unique one, but that might take a min to gather.

I was always a fan of the Alpha 3 victory screen. But I dunno how that would fit in with the whole screnpack.
#484  January 05, 2016, 01:01:57 am
    • USA
I mean as in making a custom one.
#485  January 05, 2016, 01:04:36 am
    • USA
I mean as in making a custom one.

Yeah totally, I was talking like incorporating the style or look of sfa3 victory screen into the custom screen that's going to be built.
#486  January 05, 2016, 01:16:48 am
    • USA
#487  January 05, 2016, 01:50:38 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA

I originaly had this in mind for a victory screen for my project but Mugen and its limitations didn't allow me to make the text appear at an angle, according to the docs the next version will have that feature (but when??) the only other method would be coding it internally via chatracter coding but people be lazy, so I scrapped the idea and decided to use it as a Continue screen.

I scrapped the quote due to issues when playing in team/simul mode.

current

Fell free to use it, or take some elements I can send you the PSD if you like via PM. If you need fancy fonts let me know I can make you some I made the above.
#488  January 05, 2016, 01:54:51 am
    • USA
I don't mind coding it in, but man I am terrible at making ports LOL.
#489  January 05, 2016, 02:15:19 am
    • USA
I don't mind coding it in, but man I am terrible at making ports LOL.

I know you don't mind cuz your doing it already lol , As you know I'm good at ports haha.. Once you have a secure concept, I'm down to do the ports for you I have a shit ton of renders and some good art for just about everybody, what I don't have, I myself was planning to commission some ppl over at deviant art for my own project, art like for Kain (MOTW) because God he needs some new art bad! My only grip is that your project is pcx based right? I fucking hate colorloss and the amount of work it takes to clean.. (like I don't spend an hour or two on a render to clean them up already)

Example I'm remastering SSFII Turbo Revival:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I wish you where using png's but whatever.. I'm down to help out. plus I plan on stealing all your characters for my project so its the lest I can do lol
#490  January 05, 2016, 02:25:00 am
    • USA
I wish you where using png's but whatever.. I'm down to help out. plus I plan on stealing all your characters for my project so its the lest I can do lol
They are in PNG. It's like not I take any special time to make these ports. I just randomly google an image/index resize no effort whatsoever LOL
I was always planning to worry about it later. All I do is steal edit characters so I feel you haha.
#491  January 05, 2016, 02:36:06 am
    • USA
They are in PNG. It's like not I take any special time to make these ports. I just randomly google an image/index resize no effort whatsoever LOL
I was always planning to worry about it later. All I do is steal edit characters so I feel you haha.

lol
Sorry I meant the indexing part, once you index a port like the one I posted above it turns into pure crap (in my eyes) lol. Some manual touch ups
and since you are using Sweet FX scanlines some of the colorloss might not be as noticeable, regardless I got you back in that department bro. 
What is the resolution you are running the game at 640x480 right, so I can try and make a concept of the winner screen in a similar style of what I showed you but changing some elements to suit your project.
#492  January 05, 2016, 02:40:34 am
    • USA

lol
Sorry I meant the indexing part, once you index a port like the one I posted above it turns into pure crap (in my eyes) lol. Some manual touch ups
and since you are using Sweet FX scanlines some of the colorloss might not be as noticeable, regardless I got you back in that department bro. 
What is the resolution you are running the game at 640x480 right, so I can try and make a concept of the winner screen in a similar style of what I showed you but changing some elements to suit your project.

Yes it is 640x480
#493  January 05, 2016, 03:28:43 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
A question I have is how balanced are you planning on having the final product? Are you going to edit already-made characters to balance the rest of the cast, or is it not that important?
#494  January 05, 2016, 03:35:37 am
    • USA
A question I have is how balanced are you planning on having the final product? Are you going to edit already-made characters to balance the rest of the cast, or is it not that important?
Of course. When & where necessary. I use the other completed characters as a template. I'll have the normals & everything functioning properly as well as retaining unique character archetypes/traits.
The main main main thing that default mugen lacks is priority. For example I've been tweaking it to be more like other fighters. Invulnerable start-up on supers etc. Also increasing recovery on a lot of those that so desperately needed it.
#495  January 05, 2016, 07:50:25 am
    • USA
Going to make some more changes, I'm looking to change the steal bg on the corners to something else or if you like it and want to keep it? if you have some ideas let me know specially on the over all color scheme.

Sample of what I'm putting together for starters, I'm not to fond of the W in the winner font may look for another font....

That's it for today, I'll brain storm at work and see what I can do tomorrow?
#496  January 05, 2016, 08:21:13 am
    • USA
Going to make some more changes, I'm looking to change the steal bg on the corners to something else or if you like it and want to keep it? if you have some ideas let me know specially on the over all color scheme.

Sample of what I'm putting together for starters, I'm not to fond of the W in the winner font may look for another font....

That's it for today, I'll brain storm at work and see what I can do tomorrow?
Yeah sounds good let's do that. I like that.
#497  January 05, 2016, 09:57:36 am
    • USA
Ryu                              Kyo
Ken                              Terry
Chun-Li                         Mai
Fei-Long                        Kim
Nash                            Clark
Sakura                          Yuri
Karin                          Athena
Alex                              Tizoc
Yun                              Rock
Dudley                         Vanessa
Morrigan                      Iori
Skullomania                 Nakoruru
M.Bison(Dictator)          Geese

So because I am having technical difficulties with an Ikemen issue(ie scroll lock) this is what I've decided to go with for round one(26). Once we figure it out then I'll proceed adding more characters via one drive. If you'd like to switch any of these please speak up. Ryu/Ken we can only have one it's up to you guys. I felt as though there will be enough variety & characters some may have to adapt to. I want you guys to have at least someone you can main right away(ie comfortable with). Let's discuss.
(Also I will not do away with Sakura lol)

P.S Pal makers I have a kinda big request.. Not mandatory of course, but pals work wonders I tell ya. Game looks 3xx better if they blend better. I especially like how you guys have been making the skin look so vibrant.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#498  January 05, 2016, 12:42:36 pm
    • USA
Drat no Yamazaki. I would've thought he'd be a great rival to skullomania considering he's a criminal and Skullo's a SUPAH-HEROO! and that'd be cool. Ah well, it'll just be a matter of time anyways. If there's a choice between Ryu and Ken, I say Ken all the way. If this is legit close to finals for the Demo then I'm getting straight to work on dialouge for at least Skullo and Dudley v everybody else.
#499  January 05, 2016, 01:04:40 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Naah, Sagat v Yamazaki everyday.

Shame about the roster problems, but if you ever have a choice between shotos, you have to have a Ryu. A Street Fighter cast without the main character would be a little nuts lol. If that's the final demo roster, I can help on Bison and Chun dialogue, as well as some pals for the chars that need it whenever you post the CS template!
#500  January 05, 2016, 01:24:52 pm
    • USA
Well the Ryu thing is true but Ken is totally cooler. Besides Ryu might be the staple character but Guile is true main character ;P