YesNoOk

Imgur Uploaded Images not showing up anymore (Read 34418 times)

Started by HQ, January 15, 2016, 12:47:53 pm
Share this topic:

HQ

Imgur Uploaded Images not showing up anymore
#1  January 15, 2016, 12:47:53 pm
Hi guys,

Over the night ALL imgur uploaded posted images are gone and not showing up again. Neither my profile picture shows up nor all the material I worked on and posted/sent through messages. Is this some MFG related bug?
Re: Imgur Uploaded Images not showing up anymore
#2  January 15, 2016, 02:06:45 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
same here, and at firt my avatar was not showing up at all. then it showed on the front page and profile page but now it's not showing anywhere,

my sig seems to work fine and some other random avatars and sigs i checked for other people that are hosted on imgur
#3  January 15, 2016, 02:26:25 pm
I got the same problem.
The weird thing is that after I copy the images addresses and paste them on another tab to see them, I can see the images, then I refresh the first page and they appear scratch that because they don't.

It is a bit annoying to do that for everything though.
#4  January 15, 2016, 02:33:39 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Seems that Imgur images doesn't work only here, in other forums like MFFA Imgur images are showed correctly.
#5  January 15, 2016, 02:36:42 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Is it JUST for imgur? Cause what about images from photobucket or other sites like that? Also, if anything, I recommend usinv puush as an alternative (its what I use and it's a lot faster).
#6  January 15, 2016, 03:27:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
we are looking into it.
#7  January 15, 2016, 03:58:03 pm
    • Germany
Well, this is awkward. Imgur has blocked image loads when they come from mugenguild.com. :sadgoi:

Their ToS quite clearly state "Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.", which might be what we are doing I guess?

I sent them a support request asking about it, since this is purely from user-generated content. We'll how that goes. Worst case, users can't use imgur links anymore, and there would be little we could do about that from our side.
#8  January 15, 2016, 04:30:35 pm
the user can install a plugin to manage referrals and disable them. for chrome users
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/referer-control/hnkcfpcejkafcihlgbojoidoihckciin?hl=en
for opera users like me, the Filter Request Headers extension does the job. other browsers probably have similar plugins

another forum that i go to had this same problem and it was solved after contacting imgur staff. there were a couple differences though, for starters the other forum had more activity than this one, and the other forum required an admin approved account for reading. my shitty little avatar here has cost them 6.5 gb of bandwidth, now multiply that by all the other users.

either way i suggest finding another image host. imgur will only become more strict from now on with this shit because they want to build their own community for Epic Memes instead of just being a regular image host.
Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:52:00 pm by Titiln
#9  January 15, 2016, 05:06:33 pm
  • SNK is life
RIP Imgur :'(
#10  January 15, 2016, 05:36:50 pm
this thread should be a news item, the current ban makes several mugen and graphic art threads useless unless you install a referral plugin
#11  January 15, 2016, 06:00:18 pm
    • Germany
You're right. Added a news item. I'm hoping for a quick answer from support, if I don't hear back from them within a day we'll make a better announcement.
#12  January 15, 2016, 07:19:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#13  January 16, 2016, 12:14:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#14  January 16, 2016, 12:30:33 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:34:29 am by Bastard Wolf
#15  January 16, 2016, 02:58:54 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Ugh this sucks. :(

are any of those alternatives as good as imgur? Like, in terms of ease of upload and a guarantee that the images will be hosted for quite a long while?
#16  January 16, 2016, 03:30:29 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
#17  January 17, 2016, 12:14:28 pm
    • Germany
Don't know if it is a totaly different problem, but it seems that some of the images from photobucket that I have posted on the guild are not showing up for me, but reapear if I reaload the page.
#18  January 17, 2016, 10:45:03 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
My Avatar is hosted on imgur. I noticed it wasnt showing up today. (I've been AFK for a week)
So I looked into my profile settings, copy/pasted the url and was taken to the image.
I hit "Save Changes" even though I changed nothing.
Avatar is working for me. Not sure if is a personal fix or the site's been fixed or what. Just putting it out there.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

HQ

#19  January 17, 2016, 10:49:05 pm
The fact that I dont see any avatar image of yours proves that it still doesn't work.
#20  January 17, 2016, 11:05:29 pm
Yeah, that's just a cache thing because you loaded it from the site, your browser is remembering it without reloading it. Hit ctrl+f5 to see it disappear.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.