YesNoOk

(CvS3) Dan, Ryu, and Q by Mr. Ansatsuken! (+Dudley/Akuma/Oni Update!) (Read 3100875 times)

Started by Mr. Ansatsuken, January 18, 2016, 11:20:12 pm
Share this topic:
(CvS3) Dan, Ryu, and Q by Mr. Ansatsuken! (+Dudley/Akuma/Oni Update!)
#1  January 18, 2016, 11:20:12 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
SUPRISE!
T-that's right... I'm back... with twice as many chars I had last time! Haha...
Very well, yes, I know, every frigging single time I upload a character I say it's the last time, r-riiiiiight?
Well... these chars, the changes, I actually made 'em long, long time ago.
Kind half a year, to be honest (I did say I was making Q, and I told someone I was working on Ryu... but you can see, they were unfinished).
So I've spent these weeks in finishing those!
Don't even ask me how. Actually, Q was just planned, and Dan... I was working on it in 2014, I believe...
N-no. I don't know either. I've made both Q and Dan in just 2 weeks (as well as most Ryu/Akuma/Dudley updates...).
I was planning on releasing Ryu (and updates for Akuma/Dudley) in like, july of 2015. But things happened and I no longer had Internet to do so..
So whatever.

(RYU)
Ryu is an edit on Mwryly's edit on PotS' Ryu.
"Why" Ryu? He's one of my favorite characters, mainly since I read the UDON Comics.
I was planning on adding ALL of his moves, like Akuma, but I didn't have enough time to do so (but, mostly, my eyes hurted too much...)
So I most likely just added Supers (and removed some), as well as an DURING BATTLE Transformation!! (Yeah, like Akuma, too..)
Actually, I've just missed Special attacks, almost... (that is, I've added all his Supers! But the Hadou Kakusei and Denjin Renki...)
And more special effects. And, of course, an updated A.I., etcetera.
... I did only add 1 Special move to Ryu: the Hanagashi (as well as its follow-ups)... which can be cancelled from Ashura Senkuu when used by Master Ryu (and vice-versa!).
(And yes, the "Master" mode is back. Mwryly removed the .DEF for some reason, I believe...)

Though, I've been long time out of the Internet. And last time I checked, Victorys was making a Ryu char (no, not Evil Ryu, but regular Ryu too! But I don't know, maybe I'm just wrong). And within some files of some chars, I did see that Varo_Hades was making another Ryu char!
... So. I don't know. If any of you guys (Hades/Victorys) read this, feel absolutely free to steal anything from this char (g-givng credits y'know).

(DAN)
As said before, two years ago, I was working on Dan.
... but I gave up. As soo as I tried to patch it to the "modern" CvS3 system, the amount of bugs that appeared surpassed me.
I don't know... Dan's a really popular character. So it gives me the feeling that many did, too, give up in editing PotS' Dan, heh.
"Why" did I choose to finish this char? Uhm... CAUSE DAN'S THE MAN. The greatest character in the fighting genre.
Hell no, what am I saying?! He's the greatest videogame character there is. U-uh, no, the greatest fictional character ever. That's why.
BUT IT'S NOT MERELY A CONVERSION. Indeed it isn't. I've modified every single one of his moves and I've give him 3 new Supers!
Those are the MAX Hisshou Buraiken, Shissou Buraiken, and the mighty Haoh Gadouken! (All those are from SFIV, y-you know..)
I was going to add his Oyaji moves as well as the Danretsuken and probably more moves... But I did have neither Internet not the sprites to do so.
I did, too, want to add an "Evil Dan" mode (he does use the Satsui no Hado in the UDON Comics), but I didn't have the "Oyaji" kanji and so couldn't do anything.
And I didn't think on any major differences between Evil and regular Dan, other than the Shun Goku Satsu and some "Danshura Senkuu".
So yeah, I've completely converted PotS' Dan to his "modern" CvS3 style, as well as gave him new moves, A.I., etcetera.

(Q)
"Why" did I decide to make Q? Well...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!!!
That's mainly why. He's the coolest SF character there is (along with Dan, of course)! Isn't he!?
A fan-favorite, no doubt. Far the most requested character for SFV.
This is the only character I've made from the very scratch. I didn't use any Q char as a template (took the sprites from Umihe's Q).
... Instead, I used Dan and Kung Fu Man as the template.
For the fact that Q has only appeared in SFIII:TS, I could add ALL his moves! :D (Which doesn't say much, though, he's only got 4 Specials and 3 Supers in that game, and 1 of those Specials didn't have an EX variation).
So, the Capture and Deadly Blow move now DOES have an EX version.

I decided to make Q the ULTIMATE projectile-punisher. That is, his Dashing Head Attack / Dashing Leg Attack ignores projectiles! (like Dudley's "Duck")
And the High Speed Barrage nulifies them!
Yes, yes. Q was the lowest kind of low-tier in Third Strike... but, did you know, he was a boss character, too!
So I tried to make him good enough for a boss char. Doesn't deal much damage, but has great defense, which he can improve when taunting, and has got a pretty brutal A.I. (can beat PotS' Geese in an A.I. fight! Heh...)
Oh, and yes, his 3 Supers do have MAX variations, too.

(Dudley and Akuma)
Mainly bug fixes and more special effects. Specially special effects.
OH, HOLD ON, I added boss-intros to Akuma! (Removed the ones he had, but they're still pretty similar...)
Depending on WHICH stage you're facing Akuma, he'll show different intros!
(If it's Akuma's stage he'll have his classic intro (Oni'll have one similar to Shin Oni's intro in SFIV). If it's M. Bison's stage, he'll Shun Goku Satsu him.
And if Gill's stage, he'll perform the Misogi on him (except this time Gill will show his actual boss intro...)
Both Gill and M. Bison have different palettes, too.

And you know what!? They're all already patched for the "UNO TAG" system! Hehe...

I can't post videos just yet, but I can give you screenshots as well as more info 'bout the characters here...

DAN

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
RYU / EVIL RYU

Q

DUDLEY

^(That's a video of the previous version. But gameplay-wise, he hasn't changed that much (only damage, guard-flags, etc)).
AKUMA / ONI / SHIN AKUMA

DOWNLOAD:
http://ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/

So, am I leaving MUGEN forever now? I'll certainly NOT make any new char nor modify these ones...
But making A.I. is the best thing I do right now! So I might make an A.I. patch for, I don't know...
Victorys' Mr. Karate, maybe?
BUT, as long as I'm here, I'll try to motivate everyone to leave this life-consuming bullshit as soon as possible.

EDIT:
Forget about the A.I.. I've got more important things to do in real life.

Have a nice day! :D
Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:09:17 pm by Mr. Ansatsuken
Re: (CvS3) Dan, Ryu, and Q by Mr. Ansatsuken! (+Dudley/Akuma/Oni Update!)
#2  January 18, 2016, 11:32:48 pm
    • USA
Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Glad to see you back man! I'll check these out asap!
#3  January 18, 2016, 11:34:35 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Awesome! The bestie been bitching about Q,  Mugen & SFV wise XD. Will be thrilled to hear the news. Good to see you back at it!
#4  January 18, 2016, 11:39:49 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Amazing.
#5  January 18, 2016, 11:52:21 pm
    • USA
#6  January 18, 2016, 11:53:09 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
NOW I've added the download link. Looks like the first post I made was... too long. Heheh..
#7  January 18, 2016, 11:54:15 pm
  • Hëll
    • Brazil
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/MugenJaderMugen
Amazing work my friend! Congratulations!
I dont know why but, i can't acess your site! You can put alternative download link maybe please?
Keep up! :)
LOL Elzee is very funny! XD
#8  January 18, 2016, 11:57:44 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Little Feedback:
Deadly Double Combination  creates a HUGE sprite of himself and left onscreen when the 1st hit connects. Other than that , the gameplay is smooth operation. Will update the feedback when I find out more.
#9  January 18, 2016, 11:57:59 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Thought I might add.. "If" you wanted to add them.
Dudley has a cs
Q' has a cvs-esc sprite sheet(Not sure if you are already using these?)

Oh, yes, I knew Q had a CvS-sprite sheet, but I preffered to use the SFIII one for the fact that Q's a damn GIANT.
(... and yes, it took me 'bout 9 days to make the whole code for him. I'd be still working on it if I decided to use the CvS-Sprite sheet, too).

About Dudley's CS... I had no idea there was one for Dudley! :O

But I don't know, my friend, my eyes hurt as I type this, and so I think I'll turn the computer off and go to sleep for once... Haha

(BY THE WAY, how's the CvS3 project going?)
#10  January 18, 2016, 11:59:40 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Good char!

But he's got a big bug...

it happens when he does his qcb(x2)+ P super.
#11  January 19, 2016, 12:00:15 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Little Feedback:
Deadly Double Combination  creates a HUGE sprite of himself and left onscreen when the 1st hit connects. Other than that , the gameplay is smooth operation. Will update the feedback when I find out more.

Really? Oh... this is what happens when I don't test the Mugen 1.0 version enough times...
I'll probably update it now. Hold on.

EDIT:
Already fixed it. It's avaliable now...
Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:11:58 am by Mr. Ansatsuken
#12  January 19, 2016, 12:06:04 am
    • USA
Yeah & I think thunderbolt may be in there, not 100% sure though.
It's cool man. I remember you told me all about it. Don't over exert yourself. You've already helped me so much as is.
Also I'd just wait a minute to upload. Give them a chance to find the bugs.
#13  January 19, 2016, 12:10:41 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Good char!

But he's got a big bug...

it happens when he does his qcb(x2)+ P super.

Oh, and that palette... It looks like the Mugen 1.0's Total Destruction bug wasn't fixed, after all...
Thanks. I've now uploaded the new version with those 2 big bugs fixed.
Hopefully there aren't any other bugs in the 1.0 files.
#14  January 19, 2016, 12:20:44 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
#15  January 19, 2016, 12:53:17 am
Great to see you work on more stuff man, thanks, downloading asap.
#16  January 19, 2016, 12:57:50 am
Mr. Ansatsuken can you make ryu transform like ryu by infinite while playing.
#17  January 19, 2016, 12:59:29 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Thnx A! Now, I can Do This!
#18  January 19, 2016, 01:07:12 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Mr. Ansatsuken can you make ryu transform like ryu by infinite while playing.

O-oh... he CAN transform while playing. But you have to win a round using Metsu Hadouken/Mestu Shoryuuken at low life,
or loose by a Super move (or with your opponent having 50%+ of its life). It's on the readme ;)
Oh, and also, he'll always tranform after loosing a round to Akuma/Oni/Sagat/Bison/Asura.
#19  January 19, 2016, 01:12:22 am
Just a question for mugen 1.1 should I use the akuma.def or the Akumamugen11.def ? I'm guessing its the later but just to be sure.
#20  January 19, 2016, 01:13:45 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Just a question for mugen 1.1 should I use the akuma.def or the Akumamugen11.def ? I'm guessing its the later but just to be sure.

Any files mentioned on the Readme works. The "Akuma-Mugen11.def" file is there so that people can put in the Select.def

"Akuma-Mugen11"
instead of
"Akuma-Mugen11/Akuma.def"

Haha