YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread (Read 1003220 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:50:12 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread
#1641  January 18, 2016, 03:43:56 pm
Something like this:
#1642  January 18, 2016, 04:33:27 pm
  • SNK is life
So much detail on that face ... I love it. That's how ALL sprites should be
#1643  January 18, 2016, 10:40:17 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Amazing Birdie sprite. My only nitpick would be that you should adjust the legs for perspective. The camera tends to be a bit higher in 3D games. In 2D games, it may end up looking like the background leg isn't quite making contact with the ground.

Now that I look at it I agree, I usually forget about side effects like this when converting 3D models into sprites... should look into that for other sprites I made.

Something like this:

I think your example corrects it, but my only concern with it is how it makes him feel less "heavy" (maybe shortening his right leg would probably retain said effect about the character), I think it's how his knees bend during his stance, comparing it to another huge character like Hugo for example it seems that way:

Completely agree with the foot placement though, I usually overlook stuff like that for some reason...
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#1644  January 19, 2016, 12:27:14 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Very official Birdie! ;D
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#1645  January 20, 2016, 02:44:47 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I think your example corrects it, but my only concern with it is how it makes him feel less "heavy" (maybe shortening his right leg would probably retain said effect about the character)...

Yeah, in this particular case it would be a better option to raise the viewer's left leg instead of moving the right leg downward. Otherwise you lose that weighted feel that makes him lean backwards a bit. Not that Sin didn't do a great job with his edit, of course.
#1646  January 20, 2016, 02:52:09 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I have a question I'd like to ask. Usually in fighting games, the fighter's feet are always on the same axis. But here we see that Hugo's right (viewer) foot isn't in line with left (viewer) foot. What cases are there where it wouldn't make sense to put both of a fighter's feet on the same axis (other than the one described by DelusionTrim, where by making both of Birdie's feet on the same axis, he loses the "heavy" feeling associated with the stance)? Just curious.
This is a generic forum signature.
#1647  January 20, 2016, 02:59:20 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
In MUGEN a big issue is the shadow being cast. Since it's basically a dark reflection manipulated to fit the stage as needed it can cause issues connecting said shadow appropriately. Also in MUGEN there are a variety of stages. In SF3 the stages are all built in a way where there is enough top view perspective to allow Hugo to fit properly. And in SF3 and cap on games in general their shadows are merely circles so the MUGEN shadow issue isn't an issue.

What this means is that there really is no right and wrong with this. It's just we tend to want the feet more near the axis for universal MUGEN usage and standards.
#1648  January 21, 2016, 08:31:23 am
I think it's time to say this, not only have I been working on SFV sprites, I've also been making a sprite sheet for a character... it's Juri.

I intend to make a full sprite sheet of her in SF3 style... when I get more animations for her done I think I'll make a thread about it >.>...

And yes there is color separation in it, for this screenshot I just intended to showcase her in her original colors, here's how the color separation looks atm:

Had to correct certain details about it since Steamboy's sprite is actually reversed. Also credits to Chamat for allowing me to use and edit his Juri animations (his sprites are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th one in the first row).

Edit: just to add a bit more info... here's how the colors are separated:

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:44:47 am by DelusionTrim
#1649  January 21, 2016, 08:42:04 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
OH

MY

GOD

That looks absolutely stunning, holy shit.

Love how the colors are less extensive than your traditional SF3 characters (some characters can have up to 15 colors in some parts) so I like that the most tones are 11. Best of lucks with that, looks fantastic and damn legit.

You need help with colors, dial me up. Have some experience coloring sf3 sprites with pastel tones and normal colors (make them look like CPS2)
Chilling
#1650  January 21, 2016, 09:03:53 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
thats great hopefully you'll get someone like rajaa to code her
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1651  January 21, 2016, 10:47:42 am
Yes!

lui

#1652  January 21, 2016, 11:15:58 am
    • USA
you should start up your own thread about her in the Sprite Projects section.

Also, YES YES YES YES ;A;
#1653  January 21, 2016, 12:45:49 pm
Now it's not the time. He has to have at least 3 animations.
#1654  January 21, 2016, 03:18:06 pm
    • Argentina
Good to see you here too, Riey! That's an amazing news!!!
#1655  January 21, 2016, 03:21:07 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Juri looks awesome, legit, I think everyone would really like to see an animation sample,
hope it's as good as the seperate sprites!!
#1656  January 21, 2016, 09:49:58 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
This is hype as damn. I'm loving it.

Shit
#1657  January 21, 2016, 09:58:41 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
 :bison:
Oh god yes.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#1658  January 22, 2016, 01:41:38 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
WOW! :yuno:
That looks absolutely gorgeous, cant wait to see more :D
#1659  January 22, 2016, 10:55:56 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
YESH! She looks so authentic in that style! Impressive work.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#1660  January 22, 2016, 11:11:05 pm
Wow everyone here seems to have enjoyed that screenshot... gotta say I didn't think it would get such positive feedback! I did check the thread a some time ago and saw all your comments, I just didn't know what to say since this is literally my first Mugen project >__>...

About the current status on the sprite sheet, it's still very early. The only completed animations are her counter (only one frame to finish it) and her shock animation, I think I'll start with her special moves first since Chamat already made sprites of those, and also provided me some outlines for some other specials that he couldn't finish.

I'm also thinking of adding another separated palette on her belt outlines and the pink stripes on her pants too, but I wonder if that's too many colors for a sprite because with the current palette separation, counting the background she has 63 colors... if I do these two other ones she will get up to 70 at best.