YesNoOk

Eliza Masters, Tia Langray, & Mai Update (Read 30444 times)

Started by DW, February 10, 2016, 07:43:49 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Eliza Masters, Tia Langray, & Mai Update
#1  February 10, 2016, 07:43:49 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

Get them all in my folder at TM.

Updates

=2/15/2016=

Tia Updated:

-Tweaked her Rapid Gale anims to make them less "spammy".
Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:44:36 am by DW
Re: Eliza Masters, Tia Langray, & Mai Update
#2  February 10, 2016, 07:46:35 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Awesome! you updated Miss Masters! Lets go! Thnx 4 the share!
#3  February 10, 2016, 07:58:43 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Wow love what you did with Tia
really hope to see more breakers character
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#4  February 10, 2016, 07:59:41 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
You Should make a intro patch against Your Rock. We all know she fucked Geese & Rugal XD. Great update!
#5  February 10, 2016, 10:49:05 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Maybe I'm just being an asshole and want to create flaws that don't actually exist (or actually don't hurt that much her gameplay) but Tia's strong projectile feels too strong.

It's not because it travels fast, or has a large red hitbox. It doesn't. The main problem is how the projectile disappears before her throwing-projectile animation ends (assuming the characters are at a reasonable distance from each other).

Because of this, after her animation ends, she's immediately ready to throw another projectile. Dur to this it really brings a feeling of spammable. I tested a few rounds in Arcade Mode and I found her other other special moves, and even her supers, outprioritized by her QCF+ HP. I seldom have to make use of other moves.

In these particular codes

[State -2, Updated Hit Count];special thanks to 20S
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = !IsHelper
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
trigger1 = !HitPauseTime
trigger1 = !(HitDefAttr = SCA, AT)
var(13) = 1

[State -2, Updated Juggle Count];special thanks to 20S
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = !IsHelper
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
trigger1 = !HitPauseTime
trigger1 = !(HitDefAttr = SCA, AT)
var(15) = 1

you can remove safely the line triggerXXX = !ishelper from the code. Helpers can't read the states -2 and -3, therefore these lines have no effect.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm being neddlessly picky.
#6  February 11, 2016, 01:45:10 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Tia Langray! That's awesome DW! :D
Also, nice job with Eliza too. :)
#7  February 11, 2016, 02:43:45 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Very nice work DivineWolf. Love what you did with Tia.

On Mai...

- would love to see you add KOFXIII Shiranui Ryuu: Kunoichi no Mai

On Eliza

- how about using another fx for MAX version of Raising Storm?
 - what happend to God Press/Gigantic Pressure?

DW

#8  February 11, 2016, 06:06:42 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Wow love what you did with Tia
really hope to see more breakers character

Thanks. I've thought about it, so it is a possibility.

You Should make a intro patch against Your Rock. We all know she fucked Geese & Rugal XD. Great update!

Lulz. Funny enough that idea did cross my mind. However Eliza is just a novelty char with moves that Silent wanted to give her. There's no canon relationship with Geese or anything. Anyway, thanks.

-Nah, that's legit. I initially had more ticks on her Rapid Gale anims, though I felt it a bit excessive. So I reduced them by a few ticks. Hearing this though, I'll readjust.

-While that may be so, this was devised long ago with the Grand Master(2OS). The way my helpers are detected and all...let's just say I have it there for my own sanity so to speak. If it has no effect one way or the other, then there's really no problem. :P

-Nah, it's good. I always appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Tia Langray! That's awesome DW! :D
Also, nice job with Eliza too. :)

Thanks.

Very nice work DivineWolf. Love what you did with Tia.

On Mai...

- would love to see you add KOFXIII Shiranui Ryuu: Kunoichi no Mai

On Eliza

- how about using another fx for MAX version of Raising Storm?
 - what happend to God Press/Gigantic Pressure?

Thanks.

Mai:
-I'm guessing that's her neo max from said game? I've never played it... Still to this day. Regardless, I still plan to give her Kubi No Kitsune for her lv3 sometime in the future. I'll have to get the sprites touched up. I haven't forgotten. It's pretty much the same thing, though I prefer Kubi no Kitsune.

Eliza:

-It is different, though subtle it may be. There's a few extra energy "spikes" for the Max version.
-Got rid of it. She has Jaieken now. While Gigantic Pressure didn't feel befitting to me.
#9  February 12, 2016, 01:07:42 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
Another great addition to the cvs roster, I can only wish that snk would get more love when it comes to cvs conversions
#10  February 12, 2016, 03:29:14 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Maybe I'm just being an asshole and want to create flaws that don't actually exist (or actually don't hurt that much her gameplay) but Tia's strong projectile feels too strong.

It's not because it travels fast, or has a large red hitbox. It doesn't. The main problem is how the projectile disappears before her throwing-projectile animation ends (assuming the characters are at a reasonable distance from each other).

Because of this, after her animation ends, she's immediately ready to throw another projectile. Dur to this it really brings a feeling of spammable. I tested a few rounds in Arcade Mode and I found her other other special moves, and even her supers, outprioritized by her QCF+ HP. I seldom have to make use of other moves.
since this is mugen and balance is hard there, try to come up with fighitng strategies that revolve mostly around using the cheap move and if said strategies are indeed op, that move needs rebalancing (this is pretty much what you are already getting at, tho); worse case scenario the mvoe is not that op, but by making it weaker you give the character more practical variety (a certain character of rikard had a particularly god crouchign HP. by making it weaker it worked so it was better to vary yo8ur strategies insetad of just frame trapping using that crouch hp).
#11  February 12, 2016, 09:19:39 am
Great chars!!Nice!!
#12  February 13, 2016, 12:54:45 pm
Each Time you release a char It s a great Day for me and i Think for Many other players
Thanks again and have a nice day
#13  February 13, 2016, 09:45:42 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I found a minor issue with Tia sprites : her shoulders are not color-separated in Medium Kick animation.
#14  February 14, 2016, 12:29:53 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Badass release, like always DW!

What's new with Mai?

Tia is really a great surprise, one more of my fav characters!!
Her movelist is simple but really effective (specials, super moves...)

About Eliza, I'm still stunned by her sprite editing quality.
And her gameplay is very good.
But I feel like a lot of her animations are "inconcistent" (missing frames or something...) like her HK...

DW

#15  February 16, 2016, 06:41:44 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Great chars!!Nice!!

Thanks.

Each Time you release a char It s a great Day for me and i Think for Many other players
Thanks again and have a nice day

Thank you and no problem.

I found a minor issue with Tia sprites : her shoulders are not color-separated in Medium Kick animation.

Thanks. I may be able to fix this myself, if not, I'll hit up Woosha or Uncle to lend a hand.

Badass release, like always DW!

What's new with Mai?

Tia is really a great surprise, one more of my fav characters!!
Her movelist is simple but really effective (specials, super moves...)

About Eliza, I'm still stunned by her sprite editing quality.
And her gameplay is very good.
But I feel like a lot of her animations are "inconcistent" (missing frames or something...) like her HK...

Thanks.

There's nothing "new" per-say. It's more of an crossing the 'T's and dotting the 'I's sorta thing. Miscellaneous touch ups she was long overdue for. Clsns, dmg values, vels tweaked here and there, etc. Also all of her ground based cancels and all are more akin to CvS2. I left her air stuff alone, because...why the hell not right?

Yeah, I like Tia a lot myself.

Well, it's just Rugal HK and I'm pretty sure Silent matched it up frame for frame. I suppose it may just look a bit off coming from the char at all. She's overall just a compilation of chars. He did do a great job on the sprites. CvS official status.

=2/15/2016=

(I know it's the 16th, but I uploaded this earlier yesterday and forgot to post it)

Tia Updated:

-Tweaked her Rapid Gale anims to make them less "spammy".

#16  February 16, 2016, 08:45:41 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Ill look into this.
#17  February 25, 2016, 05:29:35 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
my only fuss thus far lies with Eliza: her Raging Storm [both versions] hittin' only 1ce before knockdown feels, well..... incomplete. kinda empty even. it doesn't feel powerful, lacks tha "oooph" factor that that particular move is suppose invoke within when 1 performs it [& i've been doin' Raging Storms since '93, sooo.....]. i kinda get why you knock'd out Goddess Storm [only 'kinda', i got mix'd feelings on this. buuut watchin' its replacement, Kappuru Shouryuken, in action is pretty fun tho, so whatevs], but Raging Storm should not be oppress'd in tha process. i'm not sayin' it should take more damage [well maybe tha MAX version, just by a tad], but it should hit more [4-5 hit], have tha power felt more.

anyhoo, i'm diggin' tha replacement of Pressure with Jaeiken, good call. i'm missin' tha head stomp a bit tho, but meh. besides, her a. E Kick makes up for it, heh.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#18  April 24, 2016, 04:20:22 pm
    • Japan
    • ec19214@s.okadai.jp

DW

#19  April 27, 2016, 04:20:47 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
my only fuss thus far lies with Eliza: her Raging Storm [both versions] hittin' only 1ce before knockdown feels, well..... incomplete. kinda empty even. it doesn't feel powerful, lacks tha "oooph" factor that that particular move is suppose invoke within when 1 performs it [& i've been doin' Raging Storms since '93, sooo.....]. i kinda get why you knock'd out Goddess Storm [only 'kinda', i got mix'd feelings on this. buuut watchin' its replacement, Kappuru Shouryuken, in action is pretty fun tho, so whatevs], but Raging Storm should not be oppress'd in tha process. i'm not sayin' it should take more damage [well maybe tha MAX version, just by a tad], but it should hit more [4-5 hit], have tha power felt more.

anyhoo, i'm diggin' tha replacement of Pressure with Jaeiken, good call. i'm missin' tha head stomp a bit tho, but meh. besides, her a. E Kick makes up for it, heh.

*Late!!*

R.Storm was meant to be how it was with Young Geese? Or NGBC Geese? Based on the FX used for it and the other energy attacks. I remember it only hitting once, though strong nonetheless. I respect your opinion, but don't really agree that more hits make something "feel" more powerful. At any rate, thanks for the input/feedback.

Nice to meet you .My name is holn.
This time,I made AI patch of Eliza.
I didn't think her attack is Geese. Wonderful!
And Kappuru Shouryuken is my favorite.
I'm sorry my English is poor at.

this is my onedrive
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7BB50F9EA9D9BECD%21105

Hello. Nice to meet you as well. I'm glad you're enjoying her. Thank you for the patch and your support. I appreciate it very much. :)