Trajes Fatais (Read 106151 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, August 04, 2014, 09:58:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Trajes Fatais
#41  February 12, 2016, 04:28:28 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Titiln and Lord M can now kiss? :) j/k

I've spoken with one of the guys, and he said that On.Off is making the sprites as composing the music and making the game design too.
And...Lucy Fernandez will be on this game too.
ilu

ash him to give her a new voice, the old one is annoying as balls
#42  February 12, 2016, 04:54:58 pm
    • USA
Be thankful that he's translating the game to one of the most popular languages in the niche market that is the fighting game genre (And on PC out of all platforms) so he ends up selling far more copies.

lol K.
#43  February 12, 2016, 04:59:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Err, no, they're not. The main thing of the game is the gameplay, which seems good already and the graphics are appealing. Putting it in portuguse, if anything, it adds originality to it, and texts should already be translated at the game's release, so people will have no problem understanding the game. You should be thankful they'll even care about adding other language voices.

Thats ridiculous. The market for fighting games is tiny, making the game in dev all in portuguese will just prevent people from getting to know more about it and participate less in increasing awareness.
Im portuguese, I dont need to understand it or be "thankfull" for him translating the game to the global language of gaming.  The ammount of games that stagnate and die on steam because the creators try to develop in their own languages is huge .  Treating an english version as a "nicety" would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Bea

#44  February 12, 2016, 05:03:54 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Unless they are developing this exclusively for the Brazilian market. If this is the case, they have already shot themselves in the foot.
The game should be in English, first and foremost.
You see games in Japanese because the Japanese market is strong enough to consume enough of copies to turn in a profit for the developer.
The Brazil market is a joke.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#45  February 12, 2016, 05:06:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Not to mention development phase is when you can get actual word of mouth around, and if they drop by to see a game they cant understand you gain nothing from the word of mouth generated.

Posting a Greenlight page in portuguese is like dual wielding berettas pointed at your feet and dancing while shooting. You would be locking out 95 percent of the buying audience out for ego alone.
#46  February 12, 2016, 05:50:01 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ Bingo.
#47  February 12, 2016, 11:45:30 pm
    • Brazil
Funny, people grow up playing fighting games without understanding shit what characters say in japanese, but suddenly a game where characters speak portuguese is an issue even with english texts. Adorable. You know what you get with english voices? Story/Arcade mode dialogue and random shouts throughout the fight. It wouldn't kill anyone to just read subtitles, non-english voices are not an issue. And I was under the impression that people on this forum think that Story doesn't matter in fighting games.
#48  February 12, 2016, 11:50:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
do you even know what greenlight is ?
#49  February 13, 2016, 12:00:55 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
well, we had games like Guilty Gear X and XX , SFEX ,Alpha, and also DOA where even the americans speak Japanese in the past games, the games still had english taxt and subtitles , so yaa voices shouldn't be something to worry much about , just an opinion

Bea

#50  February 13, 2016, 12:16:30 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
well, we had games like Guilty Gear X and XX , SFEX ,Alpha, and also DOA where even the americans speak Japanese in the past games, the games still had english taxt and subtitles , so yaa voices shouldn't be something to worry much about , just an opinion

Do you realize that their greenlight page is written fully in Portuguese?
Without an English translation?

Can you see the problem with this?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#51  February 13, 2016, 12:21:53 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I just seen their page and....yikes. If they don't make any changes to the page soon, this won't get the attention it deserves...and I have Chrome so I can auto translate it to English but still...
Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:25:51 am by R565
#52  February 13, 2016, 12:27:22 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Funny, people grow up playing fighting games without understanding shit what characters say in japanese, but suddenly a game where characters speak portuguese is an issue even with english texts. Adorable. You know what you get with english voices? Story/Arcade mode dialogue and random shouts throughout the fight. It wouldn't kill anyone to just read subtitles, non-english voices are not an issue. And I was under the impression that people on this forum think that Story doesn't matter in fighting games.

Maybe you should go get educated on what greenlight means and what its for. you wont promote a game to buyers that cant read you, no one is going to go learn portuguese to understand whats the project you want them to donate to and show support, and even daring to go steam fully in portuguese is telling the potential buyers that you dont give a shit about them even knowing what your product is.
#53  February 13, 2016, 12:31:03 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

Do you realize that their greenlight page is written fully in Portuguese?
Without an English translation?

Can you see the problem with this?

I don't even play games anymore , and I never used steam before , but yaa, I can the problem, and I agree, they need to write the page in english and give the game an english version
#54  February 13, 2016, 03:02:59 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#55  February 13, 2016, 04:14:12 pm
    • USA

Bea

#56  February 13, 2016, 05:04:54 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Oh, good. They took the hint.
Best of luck for them.

lui

#57  February 13, 2016, 05:20:47 pm
    • USA

dude, stop trying to assume you know everything about how fighting game development works if others are telling you proven statistics and facts, especially on greenlight, it makes you look like an asshat when you talk out of your mouth like that as usual.
#58  February 13, 2016, 05:55:20 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Dude, if they made their page into a language most people don't understand and it's market is non-existent and they want the game to be successful...
Yeah no, the game is dead on arrival.

There's a massive difference between a game that has Japanese VA's but has English Subs everywhere and a game completely put into Deustche and hoping it will be a successful from a Fighting Game standpoint.
Iced is perfectly right in the fact that the Brazilian Game Market is absolutely non-existent. They aren't making games because no one will buy those games, meanwhile the Japanese and American markets can sustain themselves just fine. Combined with the fact that in basic terms the only successful Fighting Games are mainly the ones that have been around for a long while or have name recognition means that keeping the game in it's current form is ridiculous.

Atleast they took the hint for their Steam Greenlight and I hope the best for them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#59  February 13, 2016, 06:23:31 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Oh, good. They took the hint.
Best of luck for them.

They said it was an error at Steam, and not a Portuguese only project.
".We ask the most sincere apologies for the international community!

We had an english default text for non-brazilian profiles but somehow it was overwritten by the portuguese text. Everything is fixed now. "
#60  February 14, 2016, 12:22:14 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico