YesNoOk

Capcom X Snk  (Read 792934 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, September 09, 2014, 06:08:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom Vs. Snk Universe!
#581  February 04, 2016, 04:56:28 am
  • Raging Fist
... is that CVS Shen?!! Holy shit man you're on a roll with POTS Style o_o
as far as dialogue is concerned, have you tried having some from SVC Chaos? or do you want original?
I got one in mind for Terry vs Geese
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
and one for Mai vs Vice
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

(yeah I thought of Vice as cheeky sado like Juri Han so I went for that one. Seemed fitting.)
Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:08:46 am by Flowrellik
#582  February 04, 2016, 05:21:45 am
    • USA
Well I use official text as a place holder. SVC is hit & miss, some of it is just straight corny. Original is preferred. Also don't post it here, how is anyone else to be surprised upon reading it? I love Vice btw! I actually just started playing her before I made that video lol. Besides Neo Maxes I suppose I should have showed off more tweaks. She can high jump cancel now.. Huge buff & Her Neo Max just sent her up some tiers haha

BTW How does it look? I obviously had to improvise on them both.
I wish I had this its just so much more epic  
#583  February 04, 2016, 06:54:19 am
  • Raging Fist
Gotta love her and Mature, both equally sadistic. Don't they still haunt Iori's dreams at night? I'm pretty sure they are now his concubines right about now XD
#584  February 04, 2016, 07:05:17 am
    • USA
Snk characters man.. They get no love. They are so cool. I've never actually played Mature, but I was thinking about her for sure. I already have her Neo Max stuff & everything. There is no demand for any snk characters LOL.

I mean if you guys like this stuff, or don't chime in. I know some of you know certain characters better than others. Input from actual players helps.
#585  February 04, 2016, 07:15:42 am
  • Raging Fist
well, To be fair, I love where the game is heading at and More SNK love is very well approved of in my book, considering there's a lot of love for the capcom side. I mean think about it, I can see a combat style of unbelievable proportions here! Hauzer vs Cyber Woo, Gouki vs Mr.Karate, Capt.Commando vs Shishioh, Hell I can see Mega man or zero vs ROCKY, Maxima's partner (Even though retconned in KOF Series I can STILL See this as a possibility for the game). In all rights Neogeo and SNK in general has been a masterpiece gaming experience to me. Hell I had a Neo Geo but was sold to a yard sale. Wished I never done that...
#586  February 04, 2016, 08:16:18 am
    • USA
I already have my Red Earth Reps though. Kenji, Tessa, Leo, and Mai-Ling. Is Rocky really that interesting though? Does anyone like him? Like over the initial cast would you still play him? lol. I'd much rather do Syo. Anyone even play King of monsters? From NGBC, the only character I was looking at was Marco, because well who hasn't played metal slug? If I could do effects man He'd be so legit with all his weapons & what not. I also pay attention to sprite style. Originally I wanted to use some older characters, but even with filters it just doesn't cut it. Now specifically I'm drawing from KOF, LB, & SS for snk reps. I also have two characters from Ninja Masters. The problem will these older characters is and has always been effects. I'm literally saying if I could get some help in that department you'll see more of them.

In the realm of Capcom & Snk, now I'm asking for legit suggestions whom could fit within the confined system of CVS? I feel as though I pretty have done all the main series. This isn't for anytime soon though. Like in the future because I've already omitted quite a few characters & will keep my guests limited. (IE. I'm still trying to figure out how to have Jotaro fit without taking away or giving him too much.)
#587  February 04, 2016, 08:36:31 am
  • Raging Fist
omitted...that means you probably deleted said chars right?
#588  February 04, 2016, 08:43:32 am
    • USA
Exclude. I've stopped doing new characters for the time. I'm now completely focusing on revamping all my older stuff & the demo roster.
#589  February 04, 2016, 01:48:49 pm
    • USA
I bring news of system changes. You could say that none are necessary, but I really want to up the ante & bring more to the table. I'd like some input if possible. Heavily inspired by XCB's Blair so I'm just going to post this here.. We have some of these already, but I'd like to further improve them as so their use is not undermined. If any of you has ever seen my videos you can see how important something like "Dodge/roll" is, yet some people use these characters & would never think to use it. Parries on SF3 lvl etc. Seeing as I am not using grooves I want to implement this into a single system. Think KOF with it's counter/armor etc modes. So no one character will be limited in using one or the other. If you have actually ever played Fighting Layer, it too had many mechanics & we all know of the EX-Groove. This will most, most likely come much later because alone I won't be able to accomplish as much as I would like. Brain Storm here

Possible New features.
+Defensive shift
+Break counter
+Just Defend
+Rage(In addition to this, was thinking something like, SF4, or even SFA4. LVL3's become Ultras)
+Updated Custom Combo(Excel)
+Max boost + KOXIII style max mode = even more combo options

As for Excel
Alright so this may look familiar.. I've decided I'm going to bring this back. For 2 reasons.
1. Obviously you can see how much time you have left & won't have to guess.
2. I want to make CC more viable as in you'll have more reason to use it.
3. Currently thinking of ways to buff this, but it may just be fine as is & it won't be Genei Jin status. Does anyone have any suggestions on improving it?

Not to say that I had planned to blindly add these,but adjust them accordingly to fit the style of play.

The last thing is a bit of a request.. Can someone help me make a sprite timer for Yun's Genei Jin? Something similar to what the excel looks like.
Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:54:52 pm by Rei
#590  February 08, 2016, 05:30:42 pm
    • Brazil
awesome project, but i've been having some troubles in gameplay, theres so much lag during the match, how can i fix that? my specs are i3-3110m/4GB RAM/Intel HD 4000
and why theres no arcade mode? sorry for the questions but i don't play mugen since the DOS version so i'm kind noob nowadays
#591  February 08, 2016, 08:54:29 pm
    • USA
The only known reason for lag is a weak gpu. I apologize that I can't be of more assistance.
#592  February 10, 2016, 08:06:47 pm
    • Brazil
awesome project, but i've been having some troubles in gameplay, theres so much lag during the match, how can i fix that? my specs are i3-3110m/4GB RAM/Intel HD 4000
and why theres no arcade mode? sorry for the questions but i don't play mugen since the DOS version so i'm kind noob nowadays

Go to Capcom Vs. Snk Universe\SweetFX open SweetFX_settings.txt
And change to 0 were was 1 ex: (#define USE_SMAA            0)
#define USE_SMAA            0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
#define USE_FXAA             0 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique.
#593  February 11, 2016, 04:33:42 am
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
Hey Rei is the demo for anyone or just for some people  I'm kinda hyped to play.
#594  February 15, 2016, 01:36:56 am
    • USA
I'm proud to say that I have reached my goal of 10% with this project(Yup I widened the scale). A lot, lot, lot, lot, lot of time has gone into this, edit or not..  Hours upon hrs of trail & error & sleepless nights. All for something that is nothing more than a hobby. Dealing with IKEMEN. Getting all this to function properly. People will undoubtedly find something to dislike, or complain about, continue to not be satisfied etc etc.  It's not without it's cons. It's more so for fans of the 2D genre to enjoy & bask in nostalgia. FOR FUN! It is not even what I'd consider an alpha. Longgggg way to go. But some of you have actually been waiting for this huh? I've updated the first page & main link. I will be taking a long ass break. A lot of stuff is still unfinished, I'm aware. I won't be updating this for a whileeee so if you happen to find some game breaking thing within the time I post this , I just may,but after today this is all you got. Hopefully someone else will answer questions in my stead, though most of which should be on that front page.
#595  February 15, 2016, 01:55:02 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
Congrats on your progress my man. I see more Pros in this than cons for real man
#596  February 15, 2016, 01:58:07 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Glad to hear your positivity mate.Will test tomorrow.
#597  February 15, 2016, 11:10:50 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

Got this on the demo  :???:
Lasagna
#598  February 15, 2016, 12:44:46 pm
    • USA
The Final Stream! Had to make it a good one. The second half are the online matches. Thanks for the support those that joined us, had a lot of fun. Hopefully you guys continue to enjoy this.

Also that error is because you may not have opengl available. Check frequently asked questions, the answer amongst others is there.
#599  February 15, 2016, 01:09:09 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Deactivate OpenGL solved the problem, demo looking really good, good job Rei.
Lasagna
#600  February 15, 2016, 01:18:45 pm
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:34:39 pm by CoopNPB