YesNoOk

I need tips about this style(My own style). (Read 63579 times)

Started by Masterhand128, February 21, 2016, 10:54:51 pm
Re: I need tips about this style(POTS+INFINITE).
#21  February 22, 2016, 11:47:12 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
It both pains me and amuses me that I caused this by just creating a character named Daniel that sadly inspired this kid to go in the similar direction.

And he's talking about me.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#22  February 23, 2016, 12:07:47 am
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/
Do you even know what you're talking about at this point?
#23  February 23, 2016, 08:12:08 am
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
It both pains me and amuses me that I caused this by just creating a character named Daniel that sadly inspired this kid to go in the similar direction.

Everybody has his own inspiration, as I sayed I gonna improve the Trextrex65´s mechanics and movesets.
I wiil change the Mvc backdround for this:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But if you hate my own style, don´t download Trextrex65 and my future characters, OK?
#24  February 23, 2016, 03:14:31 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico

Everybody has his own inspiration, as I sayed I gonna improve the Trextrex65´s mechanics and movesets.
I wiil change the Mvc backdround for this:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But if you hate my own style, don´t download Trextrex65 and my future characters, OK?

Well... This is hilarious.
#25  February 23, 2016, 03:16:20 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#26  February 23, 2016, 03:36:17 pm
    • Spain
Sorry my anger.:P
When someone opposes my likes, inspiration without respect.
I usually gets angry, but meh!
I think it´s not very important...
#27  February 23, 2016, 03:40:15 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Where was he disrespectful about your likes and inspirations?
#28  February 23, 2016, 03:43:27 pm
    • Spain
#29  February 23, 2016, 04:02:16 pm
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:06:41 pm by Sin-
#30  February 23, 2016, 04:03:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Furthermore who gives a fuck about trextrex anymore
This is the closest thing to not respecting what you like I found. Obviously if you're making this trextrex then you must totally give several fucks. :P

Still, it's a little silly to get this angry over that statement. Just tell him cool people love trextrex so he's obviously a poser and move on. Little things like that shouldn't get to you. You have to work through anger that's triggered by such a minor thing. Use humor or jokes. Be able to make fun of yourself for liking trextrex.

That seems to be your biggest issue with these things man. You take yourself too seriously. If you read something and it makes you upset step back a moment. Try to reread it and spin it in a direction that won't upset you. Like if you and Daniel was hanging out IRL or something. Surely you have buddies that would say something like that and wouldn't even be really trying to upset you. :)
#31  February 23, 2016, 04:53:35 pm
    • Spain

What style? Your own style, or this "PotS + Infinite" combination?
My own style. :P

Furthermore who gives a fuck about trextrex anymore
This is the closest thing to not respecting what you like I found. Obviously if you're making this trextrex then you must totally give several fucks. :P

Still, it's a little silly to get this angry over that statement. Just tell him cool people love trextrex so he's obviously a poser and move on. Little things like that shouldn't get to you. You have to work through anger that's triggered by such a minor thing. Use humor or jokes. Be able to make fun of yourself for liking trextrex.

That seems to be your biggest issue with these things man. You take yourself too seriously. If you read something and it makes you upset step back a moment. Try to reread it and spin it in a direction that won't upset you. Like if you and Daniel was hanging out IRL or something. Surely you have buddies that would say something like that and wouldn't even be really trying to upset you. :)

I never liked Trextrex65 he makes hate arts but, Whats I matter?
I don´t pretend to offend anybody, is only for fun.
Oh, and thank you for your advise. :)

New #32  February 23, 2016, 05:02:38 pm

Then why did you make this topic?
Oh wait, maybe, when you made this topic, it talked about how to improve your own style, but then decided "No, let's talk about PotS and Infinite" and now you're returning to "Hey, I want to talk about my style".

Don't you see you're going off-topic again in your own topic?

Why do you keep evading that? You have to fix that habit of talking about things that don't pertain to the subject at hand.

I never liked Trextrex65 he makes hate arts but, Whats I matter?
... are you reading the posts which you're replying to?
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:04:19 am by Sin-
#33  February 23, 2016, 05:04:38 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#34  February 23, 2016, 05:17:43 pm
There is, it's not just you.

So let me rephrase what Just No Point said:
"You must care about [that guy] if you decided to make the character / edit it / whatever you want to make with it."
masterhand, you tried to say:
"I don't care about him, I don't like him, he makes bad stuff".

But you're contradicting yourself, because you decided to edit the character / make it and that means you cared enough to take your time to make the character / edit it.

"Giving a fuck about something/someone" is a vulgar way to say "caring about something/someone".
#35  February 23, 2016, 05:34:52 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
The worst part about P.o.t.S style is that people seem to think they can just take the aesthetics and just wing it. Phantom.of.the.Server did a lot of research and actually played a lot of games to get his signature style down. Each character had their own characteristics from their respective series. Nakoruru included some material from Samurai Shodown, yet still played in a standard Capcom style; Guy included elements from Final Fight; Dan had some of his more comical moves from the VS. series and parodied fighting games he hadn't before, such as Mortal Kombat; Geese had some elements from Fatal Fury if I recall correctly.

What I'm getting at is that custom things, custom gameplay is fine (I love Warusaki3's Jill and Captain Commando to death), but you can't just make things up the entire time and expect everyone to like it. You have to have the essence of the character in there. The most basic example, Ryu, should feel like Ryu, whether he's Capcom, SNK, evil, or slightly pissed off.

You may get a lot of "nice char +1" and "another pots style character, awesome," but these people will NOT give you any valuable feedback. In fact, most valuable feedback doesn't come about these days because of numerous reasons (mostly being that those who have been known to give the best feedback are busy with their lives these days, or have had their advice ignored so much that they've just given up with trying to educate).

Research the character, try actually playing with them for a while, get used to how they feel, KNOW how they should feel. Become acquainted with their design, both in gameplay and personality. That's what made Phantom's stuff so great and why 90% of others who attempt the style make things that feel like soulless bootlegs, trying to bank on what's popular.

Most importantly, if you really want to be like Phantom.of.the.Server, you need to innovate. That may sound hard in something that seems so limited and that everything's been done before, but there are still some things that could be solved, new things to try out, and new solutions to old problems.
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:51:32 pm by Jesuszilla
#36  February 23, 2016, 06:00:56 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
That's what made Phantom's stuff so great and why 90% of others who attempt the style make things that feel like soulless bootlegs, trying to bank on what's popular.
I`m with you here. Nowadays creators treat the pseudo-CvS2 template like something that could be used for a production line.

This is why PotS` style became discredited. Everybody tries to imitate PotS` style. Nobody tries to imitate his substance. Exceptions prove the rule.
#37  February 23, 2016, 07:18:01 pm
    • Spain

Then why did you make this topic?
Oh wait, maybe, when you made this topic, it talked about how to improve your own style, but then decided "No, let's talk about PotS and Infinite" and now you're returning to "Hey, I want to talk about my style".

Don't you see you're going off-topic again in your own topic?

Ok, I will change the thrad´s name. :P

But you're contradicting yourself, because you decided to edit the character / make it and that means you cared enough to take your time to make the character / edit it.

"Giving a fuck about something/someone" is a vulgar way to say "caring about something/someone".

I realized I´m worried about Trextrex65*facepalm*.
But, I don´t want cancell my character, is very funny.I like this character is very funny.
My trextrex is a edited version of a487561 and I released this character with my incomplete style...

Re: I need tips about this style(My own style).
#38  February 23, 2016, 07:52:35 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Don't do that! Get a style down first! If not for the sake of making a good character, then do it so the Angry Youtuber from Canada doesn't downvote you!
Re: I need tips about this style(My own style).
#39  February 23, 2016, 08:30:41 pm
    • Spain
Oh don´t worry my style is based of POTS but will have additional special effect, super cancels, dream cancels, a custom background(like MvC but different), parry system...
And I don´t care this troll.
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:08:38 pm by masterhand128
#40  February 23, 2016, 10:21:51 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
masterhand128 said:
Oh, and thank you for your advise. :)
I'm so glad we're past this awkward phase and that you're matu-
And I don´t care this troll.
Never mind.