YesNoOk

I need tips about this style(My own style). (Read 63582 times)

Started by Masterhand128, February 21, 2016, 10:54:51 pm
Re: I need tips about this style(My own style).
#61  February 24, 2016, 02:25:01 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
Ok, I will change the backgrounds for preventing the sore eyes.
And I know I´m doing, I will make good characters and I will study the POTS style.
Only I want to be creative.
#62  February 24, 2016, 02:25:51 pm
#63  February 24, 2016, 02:27:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well gameplay wise I guess if he throws in everything he says he will maybe seeing it in action himself will show him how mishmashed and thrown together it is. And even if that doesn't happen I guess it'll give him a lot of experience coding different mechanics??? :p

In the end if it's what he really wants to make he should. Now if he's just doing it all to try and make something popular I'd ill advise it.
#64  February 24, 2016, 02:30:29 pm
    • Spain
Only I want to be creative.
Then get rid of this:
-All my characters(edited or not) will have Shun Goku Satsu clones.

I like the Shun Goku Satsu moves but I will to vary.
Each character will have his own thematic for using this move.

I really don't get the attraction of these hyper-visual effects on low-res sprites. It's like, do you realize you're plastering a overly bright and colorful background that looks more in place with BlazBlue, DBFC, or any other modern anime fighter. On a pixelated 2D sprite made in the 90s? Shit makes me barf.

I usually like, advanced effects. But I will use a less flashy backgrounds.

Well gameplay wise I guess if he throws in everything he says he will maybe seeing it in action himself will show him how mishmashed and thrown together it is. And even if that doesn't happen I guess it'll give him a lot of experience coding different mechanics??? :p

In the end if it's what he really wants to make he should. Now if he's just doing it all to try and make something popular I'd ill advise it.

Don´t worry, I know I´m doing I think the BG are very flashy. But I won´t remove the things I like.
Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:56:07 pm by masterhand128
#65  February 24, 2016, 03:35:19 pm
    • Spain
#66  February 24, 2016, 04:35:11 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
ok so this entire thread was just for you to promote yourself rather than any actual advice. Got it.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.

DM

#67  February 24, 2016, 04:41:28 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
I don't get the whole point of this thread.

But this was awesome:

I don't get the "style" thing anyway. Is it the aesthetic fx combined with the mechanics? That's what I think of with a certain "style". Along with my interpretation of the way a character would convert to said style.

So on the large you would simply need all the mechanics and sub systems used in POTS style along with universal fx? That seems more akin to researching those characters than just making a thread as this.

As an example if I was to convert Ken to Darkstalkers style I'd start with how the DS system would alter his play style on a universal level like he'd get magic series chains, guard reversals, pursuits, es attacks, ex attacks, etc. Then if fine tune him more because typical super moves don't translate well in most cases for es or ex attacks. And I'd refine him further to differentiate him more from Ryu after that. Because Vampire Savior didn't have clones. Even Morrigan and Lilith are totally different in how you play them.

Style isn't something you ask for info on. It's something you study, understand, and replicate.

#68  February 24, 2016, 04:42:00 pm
And the "don't like it don't download it" line got dropped again.
#69  February 24, 2016, 04:46:38 pm
the kid doesn't give a shit about anything related to gameplay. he just wants to see some bright colors flash in front of his screen.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞

DM

#70  February 24, 2016, 04:47:07 pm
    • Brazil
I like HI-RES BG and if you don´t like, don´t download my characters with this style. XD

Are you trying to 'set' your own style and bashing people who waste their time trying to help you? lol mate
#71  February 24, 2016, 05:19:24 pm
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/
So in other words, this thread was nothing but a gigantic waste of our precious time.
#72  February 24, 2016, 06:01:59 pm
    • Spain
the kid doesn't give a shit about anything related to gameplay. he just wants to see some bright colors flash in front of his screen.

Excuse me?
Yes, I will research the gameplay of POTS chars but I don´t have many time.
For this reason first I´m researching backgrounds with Hi-res effects but with less flash effects.
#73  February 24, 2016, 06:14:47 pm
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
Please don't tell me you were prioritising the flashy effects associated with PotS-styled characters over gameplay.
#74  February 24, 2016, 06:15:03 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I feel so sad for Scharlachrot.
#75  February 24, 2016, 06:16:24 pm
    • Spain
ok so this entire thread was just for you to promote yourself rather than any actual advice. Got it.

I´m spamming?! 0_0
Sorry, I did not realize...*facepalm*
I will shut up, sorry :P

Please don't tell me you were prioritising the flashy effects associated with PotS-styled characters over gameplay.
I think the gameplay is more important than the trimmings...
But I don´t have many time for researching the gameplay.

Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:21:34 pm by masterhand128
#76  February 24, 2016, 07:12:26 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

Why don't you have time? Just go slower and get it right. There's no rush to release something out the gates as quickly as possible, take your time, this is a hobby after all.

.... Or are you saying you don't have the patience to make an accurate character?
#77  February 24, 2016, 07:23:01 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I´m spamming?! 0_0
Sorry, I did not realize...*facepalm*
I will shut up, sorry :P

Not sure if sarcasm. Look, your thread was called "I need tips..." ergo that means people thought this thread was about giving you advice on making stuff and not you just ignoring the parts you dont like and saying what your style is going to be regardless of the fact that it contradicts almost all advice given to you. Now this thread is basically becoming a shit show.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#78  February 24, 2016, 07:27:35 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69

I am going to be more constructive this time.
There's noone pressuring you not to research, there's many ways you can do it, for example there's wikias that detail certain games, with all things such as subsystem details, gameplay esoterics, and even frame data lists you can take a look and adapt. For example I could find everything about Morrigan and Vampire Savior on the mizuumi wikia for instance; I am not sure if there's a wikia for CvS2 which is what PotS used the most, but people have researched deep into games and educated their knowledge further about them, so many experts are around and you can ask them, in fact you EVEN GOT THEIR ADVICE FROM THEM in this thread.. the problem is that you're getting distracted by things that are done to death (Shun Goku Satsus) as if it were a gameplay feature, people see it nowadays as "The author got lazy and just coded an easy super throw to fill a slot". Instead of favoring more creative choices that implement better into a character's gameplay, which is what people WANT.

Also I have to clarify, Trextrex as a character idea is not very good because the person it's based off is a dead obvious troll that should be left alone. It just gives him more unwarranted attention, and when I raised opposition as you using "PotS+Daniel" as a style is because I don't want you to commit the same mistakes I did in my character, as in adding stuff just because "it looks cool".
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino

DM

#79  February 24, 2016, 07:29:51 pm
    • Brazil
You are just leaving the most important part of the whole thing, you know.
#80  February 24, 2016, 07:49:35 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
So in other words, this thread was nothing but a gigantic waste of our precious time.

^

Just let the kid do his mishmash character. Someone's going to say Nice Char +1 to it and make videos showing it off because of eye rape effects.