YesNoOk

Huitzil - Darkstalkers/CPS2 Style (Read 61055 times)

Started by felineki, March 07, 2016, 08:42:52 am
Share this topic:
Huitzil - Darkstalkers/CPS2 Style
#1  March 07, 2016, 08:42:52 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Retouched sprite packs by felineki:
DS1
NW
VS
Separate SFFs for each of the 3 games, since each has a different spriteset. Many, many things retouched, fixing errors in shading, part alignment, etc.

Modified Combiner Final Guardian by felineki

DS1/NW fs.MP w/ extra frames by felineki

NW cs.HP w/ extra frames by felineki

Modified Final Guardian w/ extra frames by felineki

Modified alternate Genocide Vulcan recovery by felineki

Throw Escaped by T. Vinceson

I've grown pretty fond of this killer Mayan space robot guardian, so I'm probably going to do more edits in the future. I'll add them here as I finish them.
Re: Huitzil - Darkstalkers/CPS2 Style
#2  March 07, 2016, 09:44:42 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
are you working on a full character? or was it just the sprite pack you have been working on?

that final guardian anim tho :-0
#3  March 07, 2016, 10:04:13 am
For the moment it's just sprites. I have thought about making a playable Mugen version, but haven't actually started on it yet. My experience with Akuma has shown me how hard it is to get things working accurately, and that's made me a little wary of jumping into other projects without proper forethought. I wouldn't count it out as an eventual possibility, though.
#4  March 07, 2016, 11:25:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Vampire Savior 2 rips by Kong
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/FrameSprites_VampireSavior2.htm

Rips by JustNoPoint
http://www.justnopoint.com/mugen/rips/darkstalkers/HuitzilDS1.rar
http://www.justnopoint.com/mugen/rips/darkstalkers/HuitzilDS2.rar
http://www.justnopoint.com/mugen/rips/darkstalkers/HuitzilDS2.rar

These are just for completion's sake. It is highly recommended to use felineki's rips in the 1st post.

Sounds
Darkstalkers 1, 2, Chronicle, and Collection Voice + Sound Rips by Shin_Mamaru_X
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/darkstalkers-1-2-chronicle-voice-sound-rips-109971.0.html

Off topic but if you don't get started on him before I finish Rikuo then I've decided to make him my next character. :)
#5  March 14, 2016, 08:35:34 pm
Adding this:

Modified Final Guardian w/ extra frames by felineki
#6  March 14, 2016, 09:06:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I forgot to ask last time. Do you add these to your sff as you make them as well? Or do we need to collect them from the gifs?
#7  March 14, 2016, 09:09:55 pm
I haven't added them to the SFF yet. I'd kind of like to keep my initial SFFs at a 1:1 correlation to the original game (despite the touchups) for accuracy reasons. For animations that are heavily modified like this (adding extra frames, etc.) I might complie an alternate SFF eventually.
#8  March 14, 2016, 09:13:22 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I wouldn't replace the old sprites with these. But I think it'd be good to add them to 1 sff. Even if you just make up a group number and slap them all in said group at the end of the sff.

But it's up to you! I'll take em however I can get em :P
#9  May 01, 2016, 03:26:22 am
Made a small modification to the one of the extra frames in the DS1/NW fs.MP, taking into account the "slow in/slow out" principle a bit more. The wrecking ball now spends a bit more time further out now than it did before, giving a bit better sense of weight.

I want to do a custom air throw animation soon, because his actual air throw is a bit underwhelming. Look forward to that sometime soon.
#10  May 01, 2016, 03:30:41 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I was looking for a good Huitzil/Phobos to convert to MvC2. I think I found the jackpot right here. I like how this is progressing, man.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#11  May 01, 2016, 03:33:25 am
Good to hear. Hope you make something cool with these.
#12  May 01, 2016, 03:42:02 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
These shall be handy, just in time too as I am doing many retouches on my edit on Zolagun's Huitzil.
#13  May 22, 2016, 09:59:54 pm
  • I'm a llama!
That would be cool vinceson
#14  June 19, 2016, 02:30:21 am
Added this:

Modified version of the unused alternate recovery animation for Genocide Vulcan (as opposed to the used one which is just the startup frames in reverse). An extra frame was added, and existing frames were reworked, swapping in DS1 parts to attempt to create a smooth transition from cone/cylinder back to hand (the unused animation as in the actual game reuses one of the large blade hand sprites from the startup which doesn't look quite right in the context of a recovery). Here's the alternate recovery as-is for comparison:

I'm also working on an alternate air throw animation. It's not finished yet, but here's a WIP:

#15  June 19, 2016, 03:31:15 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Fluid as water. You're doing a really great work.

Shit
#16  September 30, 2016, 07:48:16 pm
Work's been keeping me busy, but  want people to know that I'm not dead. I'm still working on the air throw animation posted above, as well as a spruced up version of his unused DS1 laser super. Here's a WIP for that:

I also have more things planned, such as some further retouches for the SFFs I posted previously, and some ideas on how to liven up his NW ES Plasma Beam animation a touch.
#17  September 30, 2016, 08:49:15 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looks pretty cool, hope that idea for the plasma gun. Includes a start up of particle energy, and comes out with a bang. Something like the ship from Gundam Unicorn.
#18  November 26, 2016, 08:05:47 am
Still nothing finished yet, but here's a WIP of the aforementioned ES Plasma Beam animation.

In the original animation his whole body shifts around a lot as one big rigid chunk to try to imply some bounce when he transforms and some recoil when he fires. I broke him up into parts so I could move the parts relative to each other and hopefully make it look a bit more lively, adding some squash and stretch to the transformation, and making the recoil look like it's primarily affecting the guns. I also made the red vents on those cylinders that sprout out of the backs of the guns spin, because why not.
#19  November 27, 2016, 12:14:46 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Great job, Felineki.

Adding more life to CAPCOM's lively animated treasure.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#20  November 27, 2016, 12:51:51 am
Thnaks! I might be able to finish up the recovery for the ES Plasma Beam within the next couple days, so I'll finally have at least one finished animation to add here. Need to get back to the DS1 super and the air throw after that.