YesNoOk

Batman a telltale game  (Read 61105 times)

Started by Luis Alejandro, December 04, 2015, 03:52:03 am
Share this topic:
Batman a telltale game
#1  December 04, 2015, 03:52:03 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz

lui

Re: Batman a telltale game
#2  December 04, 2015, 03:53:02 am
    • USA
damn, all this batman-related stuff lately even got telltale involved. consider my interest peaked!
#3  December 04, 2015, 04:38:05 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
:flipout: :flipout: :flipout: :flipout:
omg yes
#4  December 04, 2015, 04:38:59 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
!!!!!!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#5  December 04, 2015, 04:44:19 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hm.  I like Telltale.  I like Batman.  I don't think I'd like a Telltale Batman game.

It's a moot point, I'm almost certain I'm getting it anyways, but I like their more oddball choices like Fables and Borderlands.  And this coupled with a new Walking Dead too?  Eh, just not feeling the choices.  Heck, keep it D.C., go for the whole Justice League.

Ah well.  Going from Tales and its goofiness, looking forward to seeing how brooding this will be.
#6  December 04, 2015, 04:48:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I'm curious if this is going to be its own story or is it just a re-telling of one of the graphic novels. Either way, I'm interested to see how this turns out.
#7  December 04, 2015, 03:43:49 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I have the sneeking suspicion that this'll end up being a Gold/Silver-age type spiel...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#8  December 04, 2015, 09:26:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Telltale Games has a huge opportunity with one of most knows figure in DC Entertainment. If they blow this, the internet will roast them alive.
#9  December 04, 2015, 09:28:34 pm
    • USA
#10  December 05, 2015, 04:13:23 pm
    • Philippines
I will play it if they give you the choice to actually kill Joker
#11  March 19, 2016, 02:18:21 am
    • USA
First few details are out
Batman is the perfect character for the studio to explore in a Telltale series, giving the team the opportunity to dive deeper into the mind of the man behind the mask. Each night, Bruce Wayne chooses to change Gotham for the better. The team wants to explore what the consequences are of the player’s actions when decisions made as Bruce have a critical impact on his nightly crusade as Batman, and vice versa. Certain key situations will give the player the decision to approach a scene as Bruce or Batman, with consequences for both sides.
sounds good
Fresh interpretation of the universe set in current times, not tied to any existing iteration of Batman in games, film, or comics. Story will focus on Bruce and Batman, not an examination of the extended 'Bat-family,' (Robin, Nightwing, etc.) Fans can expect certain series staples such as Alfred Pennyworth, Vicki Vale, James Gordon, and Renee Montoya. Telltale is looking to keep the villains more tightly under wraps until closer to the premiere.
holy shit Renee Montaya! Awesome, it's such a fucking travesty that she's been completely forgotten, even after she took over as the new Question.

hopefully that part about the Batman family just means they're not getting a huge focus, not that they'll be completely ignored and/or non-existent in this universe!

Like some other Telltale series, the game will be landing at M (Mature 17+) rating, and the cinematic approach will feel more akin to an R-rated film.
kind of getting sick of the seemingly nonstop depictions of Batman as uberdark and gritty R-rated for mature adults, but if there's anyone who can pull it off, it's Telltale!
#12  March 19, 2016, 03:46:15 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
D'aww... I was still holding out hope for a campy Batman game but I guess that's a no-go anymore. Oh well. I'm still looking forward to hearing more as it comes out.
#13  March 20, 2016, 02:36:55 pm
    • Philippines
So Jmorph, which age group do you think the superhero who cripples criminals for life but is not ok with killing should be targeted toward?
#14  March 20, 2016, 05:05:04 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
So Jmorph, which age group do you think the superhero who cripples criminals for life but is not ok with killing should be targeted toward?

You know what? You're right. Let's take a look back at some of Batman's edgiest edgelord edgy hexagon stories to get a real grasp of what Batman is really about.

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART
#15  March 20, 2016, 05:15:47 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
holy shit Renee Montaya! Awesome, it's such a fucking travesty that she's been completely forgotten, even after she took over as the new Question.

hopefully that part about the Batman family just means they're not getting a huge focus, not that they'll be completely ignored and/or non-existent in this universe!

Renee does exist in the new 52 you know. She's in the Bullock-Centric Detective comics right now. (maybe not anymore, behind like 6 months now)

kind of getting sick of the seemingly nonstop depictions of Batman as uberdark and gritty R-rated for mature adults, but if there's anyone who can pull it off, it's Telltale!

TBH I don't see the bad part of this? Batman himself isn't R-rated, but most of his villains are?

On another note, I'd love to see some other villains here that are less known, specifically I would really like to see the Wrath but I know he'll never show up.
Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:53:05 pm by -Whiplash-
#16  March 20, 2016, 05:34:33 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Wrath's gimmick has been somewhat diluted by Prometheus and NoBody, so I don't know if he makes it over them.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#17  March 20, 2016, 05:38:59 pm
    • USA

You know what? You're right. Let's take a look back at some of Batman's edgiest edgelord edgy hexagon stories to get a real grasp of what Batman is really about.

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

Were you really expecting them to go with this Batman considering how their only current game that's not rated M is Minecraft Story Mode? Even their Borderlands game is Rated M, I'm sure the Batman game is not going to overdo it though. If anything, their current rating will just give them more flexibility and less BS to care about when it comes to sticking to a lower rating.
#18  March 20, 2016, 07:26:24 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Expecting? No.
Hoping that the same people who made witty and amusing games like Sam and Max could pull off a witty and amusing Batman game? Yes.
A man can dream.
#19  March 20, 2016, 10:35:58 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
TWD and Fables show they're capable of that. As long as they don't pull a Fables and make you have to replay the scenario multiple times to unlock stuff.
#20  March 21, 2016, 06:15:28 am
    • Philippines
Also