YesNoOk

Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign (Read 63983 times)

Started by Aiduzzi, May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#21  May 02, 2016, 08:43:28 pm
    • Italy
Hey there, Aiduzzi!
here's Ganassa,
I'm an italian artist, i just found your work via Multiplayer.it.
I'm interested in some sort of collaboration, contact me on my mail (just google me, you'll find my blog and stuff).
See you!
#22  May 02, 2016, 08:54:44 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Additionally, I've noticed in the video that you're using a lot of assets from commercial games (including frankenspriting), which could cause some legal issues. I would recommend re-tracing your own sprite-sheets so that you don't have to start completely from scratch. That'll hopefully help you keep a unified art-style as well. Your own style is honesly way more interesting than that the one shown in the video (which is good looking in its own right)
Graphicus if you go on the campaign page, you'll that it's written that all explosions, voices, sfxs will be draw again from schatch (and in HD). ;) About "frankenspriting"... I think you mean Ubu which was originally an edited fighter (but with a lot of sprites made by me!). As we said in the crowdfunding page, Ubu will be fixed to become an original character (and as I said, there A LOT of sprites not ripped but made by me. Actually I think that Ubu ripped sprites are not more than 30%, so it will be an hard work but not an impossible one). All you can see in the video is just to give an idea of the game. You that a video for a crowdfunding page is very important. We needed to show it. I cannot work alone in a big project like this, and obviously I cannot make all the changes without a decent budget.  :( I'm not a stupid, I don't want to use even an half of sprites that belongs to something else.

All of you guys are right. I hope you'll be able to contact Elecbyte very soon to confirm that what I said about our license is true. Mugen is something that I love, I don't wanna stole nothing from it.
#23  May 02, 2016, 09:09:18 pm
if you're gonna ask for money on this then why not go for a proprietary engine to develop your game? or make your own? there's lots of engines out there that bypass all of mugen's limitations, especially the online multiplayer limitation.
you seem like a trusted user, but contracting Elecbyte is just too hard to believe.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#24  May 02, 2016, 09:39:23 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
All of you guys are right. I hope you'll be able to contact Elecbyte very soon to confirm that what I said about our license is true. Mugen is something that I love, I don't wanna stole nothing from it.

Shouldn't be the other way instead? You should be the one showing proof of that authorization or license granting, not us.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#25  May 02, 2016, 09:40:47 pm
#26  May 02, 2016, 09:42:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yeah dude, getting Elecbyte to answer is an issue we find and the reason why we want to see the licensing. Not because we dont want it to happen but because none of us that tried to contact them usually gets an answer from them.

If someone got it then its a matter of minutes to show that it exists. Aidu, please make sure that this license is not something you were TOLD that exists but that you yourself sees with your own eyes. As you are giving your face for the project this is very important for your sake as well.

Also if you managed to get a license you should consider contacting Borghi, who was trying to get it for quite a while.
#27  May 02, 2016, 09:44:22 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Anyway, the Indigogo campaign page explain that Mugen code source will be tweaked to get more custom stuff related to the new game mechanisms.
So if Aiduzzi get the source code, it's because Elecbyte sent it to him, no?
#28  May 02, 2016, 09:46:35 pm
  • ORA ORA!!!
if you're gonna ask for money on this then why not go for a proprietary engine to develop your game? or make your own? there's lots of engines out there that bypass all of mugen's limitations, especially the online multiplayer limitation.
you seem like a trusted user, but contracting Elecbyte is just too hard to believe.

That's a good idea. You can make a demo gameplay with the actual work to call the attention of some programmer, that's not easy too, but can be a way.  Make disclosure in game foruns, FB, etc.
#29  May 02, 2016, 09:53:45 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Anyway, the Indigogo campaign page explain that Mugen code source will be tweaked to get more custom stuff related to the new game mechanisms.
So if Aiduzzi get the source code, it's because Elecbyte sent it to him, no?

There is no proof of anything yet.
#30  May 02, 2016, 09:58:58 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Yes, I understand.
Aiduzzi probably does not have the source code yet.
#31  May 02, 2016, 10:11:49 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Well guys, I have contacted the project manager, Jeremy Patterson. He said the he's waiting to release more information until we make sure we are not violating any nda's (non disclosure agreement) from Elecbyte. Just to be sure. But keep in mind that the response may take a while due to the Elecbyte contact is in a time zone where it is night. So be patient!  ;)
#32  May 02, 2016, 11:52:48 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
That either seems extremely sketchy or extremely naive. The project manager of all people should be the one who knows without a doubt right away. Additionally, Mane6 was publicly able to disclose that they could use Fighter Maker and then whatever the Skullgirls engine is called, so this just seems more shady than it initally was.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's out of the question though, mainly because the campaign IS fixed funding.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:01:15 am by J.A.N.G.O.
#33  May 03, 2016, 12:14:55 am
what boggles my mind is why would someone go through the trouble of making original sprites and assets for a fully fledged fighting game then decide to use them on mugen.
use any of the hundreds of engines out there that are 1000 times better than it, especially when it comes to multiplayer.
and you can actually sell it right off the bat with most of the money going to you.
you would face no problems with licensing or needing to contract an inactive dev which if they responded they would obviously gonna ask for royalites from your game.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#34  May 03, 2016, 12:24:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i got in contact with aiduzzi's team, and they are looking into having elecbyte post a announcement regarding the matter.

Bea

#35  May 03, 2016, 01:31:20 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
One, if you are using Mugen, remove those PSN and XBOX One stretch goals NOW.
You can't port this "engine" to run there. Even less so with the amount of money you are allotting for this "tasks".

Two, get rid of this bug ridden mess of an engine and have someone cook something that meets your requirements in Unity or Unreal. It would be way more productive that way. And there is this whole license mess going on too.
So, get rid of mugen and develop this in a real engine.

Edit:
$103,000 development of Rotten Core for PlayStation Network
$119,000 development of Rotten Core for Xbox One

Seriously, if you guys think that 32K is enough for this task, even if you somehow have the source code, you are absolutely wrong.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:41:37 am by Bea
#36  May 03, 2016, 01:54:59 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yeah, XBone and PSN are not going to happen with MUGEN.

I'm with Bia here. Get someone to make an engine to do just what you need. You could probably even sell licenses to said engine and make some money off of that as well.

But someone saying they have a MUGEN license? Highly suspect. Wouldn't trust the guy who said it with $1.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:08:47 am by Jesuszilla

HQ

#37  May 03, 2016, 08:21:56 pm
Ok this is really going out of hand. Close to everything in this project literally screams SCAM now.

You seem to be the only valid point in there, but then again, you are not based in the US right? So how can the team/company be based in Phoenix, Arizona (as mentioned on the press page)

Why are there no company details mentioned?
Why develop with Mugen? Especially when some of the things you want to achieve with it is not possible (even with recoding it - based on the information of Bea & Jesuszilla)

Why are there so many team members and what is their REAL job?
- You do/ did all the graphics
- Someone "has" the licence from Elecbyte
- Someone will need to recode the engine
- Someone will need to code the characters (according to the press page that is you as well)

Looking at your press page, you mentioned:

Jeremy Patterson Project Manager/Art Producer

M. Aiduzzi Lead Programmer

Gary Strothers Graphic Artist/UI designer

Mimi Von Lace Social Media/Marketing Manager

Joshua Patterson Programmer

Roberto Alencar Graphic Artist

Fernando Valencia Valle Graphic Artist

Why do you work with these people to begin with if 100% of all that is currently visible is made by yours truely?
Why is Jeremy Patternson the guy that created the campaign? What prior experience do all these other members have? Do they have portfolio pages? Contact data? More information will make it much easier for people to trust you and the project.

I'm still interested in helping you improve this project, but as said, let's get professional here. If this is a serious project, sell it as this and form a company with these people. Act like it

#38  May 03, 2016, 09:50:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yo scam is a very loaded word, I doubt anyone here is trying to scam anyone, but they might not realize the ammount of work they are setting themselves for or are promising.

HQ

#39  May 04, 2016, 01:15:59 am
True Iced.

YET - the facts so far are (and I hope they get resolved - I didn't mean to diminish Aiduzzi's great work, but the amount of big question marks concerning this project are just too much for any professional game project in the making - THAT wants to be crowdfunded)

- No proof of a Licence from Elecbyte. (so far - hey, usually this is the first thing you show around when you start a crowdfunding, a thing you have by your hand within 2 minutes if the question arises)

- No need for a Licence from Elecbyte, seeing how the goals they have set, don't work on the engine by our beloved Elecbyte. (so far- hey I'm not a coder, but I trust Bea's and Jesuszilla's judgment enough to also wonder if the makers of the project have seen the source code to begin with?)

- There's no company listed on the homepage, no adress, no nothing. If one wants to get a project like this done (for that amount of money), well then you go ahead and form a LLC, right?  A legal represantation, that allows for contract work, etc? Something that investors can "trust"?

- There's no prior work, besides the one by Aiduzzi. No portfolios, no cv's, etc. I tried googling the team, with very little success. I don't believe they are, but they could be random names, people that lied to Aiduzzi?

- The overall indiegogo feels VERY rushed, which is a shame. Why the rush? why the lack of professionalism towards the ONE thing that could lead to the success of their dream project?! Just look at the work you and Balthazar did on the first trailer of HYPER DBZ & that wasn't even to gain funding.

SCAM is a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people - seeing that the goals they listed simply don't work the way they advertise, I'm afraid to say it, but hey, that's either SCAM or complete lack of professional behavior, which in any case is not the thing people in general want to invest.
In addition the overall budget sure is calculated in a way I can't understand at all:

- 6000$ for Perk Creations? Isn't that supposed to be already within the amount people finance the project?!
- 12000$ for Hi- Res Explosions, Backgrounds, that clash.
- 1000$ for SFX? Isn't SFX already Explosions etc?

Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:19:03 am by HQ
#40  May 04, 2016, 01:37:05 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
If it was a scam, then Bia wouldn't have pointed out how underbudgeted they are for their PSN and XBOne goals (which aren't achievable with MUGEN anyway).

Also "explosions, etc." is covered in graphics. The term "high resolution" applies to graphics, not audio.

I don't think the project itself is a scam so much as the case of Aiduzzi working with people who clearly don't know what they're doing. I hope to god you haven't signed any contracts yet and signed away your creative freedoms to these guys, Aiduzzi.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:41:32 am by Jesuszilla