YesNoOk

Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign (Read 63894 times)

Started by Aiduzzi, May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#61  May 04, 2016, 08:58:18 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Well this is all great news! I was really worried you were getting screwed over, Aiduzzi, and like everyone else, I'd absolutely hate to see that.

Glad Elecbyte is backing you! I'm even more impressed that you actually seem to have gotten a license. I might be interested in one, myself, (particularly if I am allowed access to the source code) so please let me know any details!

However, like others stated, a lot more could have been done in advance to ensure backer confidence. It may be wise to suspend the campaign for now and come back to it later when there is more to show, because this much "heat" early on isn't quite good for the project at the moment, even if it appears to be settling down.
#62  May 04, 2016, 09:01:59 pm
  • Antonodi'!
I'm sorry it had to be this way man, but it was all easily avoided.
As I said we made many mistakes, that's indisputable. I'm just saying that Elecbyte's message is useful for my soul, but at this point, useless for the campaign. I'm not complaining anyone than myself.
#63  May 04, 2016, 09:04:53 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Don't be so discouraged. The campaign can be suspended and brought back. Project's not dead yet, just it wasn't off to a good start. That's development for you, particularly game development.

HQ

#64  May 04, 2016, 09:10:48 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy Patterson. Yes we are working with Elecbyte and they will hopefully be able to make another announcement on their official website once it is back up and running. Keep in mind that they are still in retirement and working on other projects at this time. Myself, Aiduzzi and the other members did not create this project to scam anyone. We just wanted to bring a new fighting game to the lovers of the genre. We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms. I will answer anyone's questions by pm to this account concerning this project, my relationship with Elecbyte and my past work with Visco on their ports of Breakers Revenge. I will answer as best as I can as long as the subject matter does not violate any non disclosure agreements between myself and Elecbyte. Also, if you message me I will chat with you by Skype if you have that capability. I have already chatted with a few members of this forum by Skype. Thank you for your time. This will be my last public message. Thank you.

Hi Jeremy.

If you read through this topic, you will most likely find a lot of valid criticism and question marks that you, as the project leader should respond to.
This should definetly not happen just via pm, but officially and publicy in here and probably also on your indiegogo campaign. After all you want people to believe in you and your project.

The MFG community is open to projects like this, but the doubt mentioned in here is still highly valid. In addition as a professional I would highly adverise you to keep away from passive agressive statements such as: "We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms."

The non disclosure agreement is a joke, especially since neither you nor Elecbyte are an existing companies? Or are they?
If they are, it would clearly help to state that, also on your homepage.

What is your profession? What is the deal with Elecbyte? Do you have the source code - there are lots of questions that should be answered.
#65  May 04, 2016, 09:15:16 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Game Development can be quite the hassle when things don't seem to work out as intended. Though since Elecbyte are backing you up to help you out from what I'm seeing with the others, I gotta say that I hope things don't mess up in this. Seeing these characters in action was the best moment anybody could ever asked for and I'm sure there's people out there rooting for it's success. Good luck Aiduzzi, I can't wait to see Giano and the others return again in this project.
#66  May 04, 2016, 09:24:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms."
We did.

We just value aidduzi, and as such we worry when someone makes wild claims to be able to port mugen for IOS , ps4 and xbox one while using him as a face.

When that kind of things are brought up by someone that others have said to be around for a while making claims of having several other licenses and to go port them to IOS, it makes it seem like someone didnt really study whats possible to do and how.
These are things that a project manager should be supplying without many a shade of doubt, and theres no need to be all salty over it. You cant possibly believe that other communities would just trust you unconditionally when you make claims about code that are effectively impossible. It makes you look sketchy when you do that.

Aidduzi, my offer for help is still on the table, I think you should regroup rethink and reshape an approach before trying again, but things should be shaped more in advance. Im a huge fan of your work and I believe you can do something worth releasing to the world.

If you want to talk hit me up.
#67  May 04, 2016, 09:43:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
And as for why people initially thought of you as sketchy, Jeremy, keep in mind that for the majority of the time the MUGEN community as a whole has been active, Elecbyte has been inactive. So when someone says they got in contact with them, especially when it's related to something that tons of other people have contacted them about and either been turned away or not receiving any response, of course that looks highly suspicious to each and every one of us who's been around long enough.

Bea

#68  May 05, 2016, 12:28:58 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I stand by everything I have said here.
You guys have much to learn and to prove if you intend to ask for that much on a crowd funding campaign. No one knows you all, you never released any games, doesn't have your resumes there, nothing.
How do you expect to people to give you money with those credentials? The age of easy money for game development projects on crowd funding platforms died in 2011.

Study the resources that you were presented, build a convincing resume, try to release a game, even a free one and then try again.

And Jeremy, you, as a project manager, have a duty to respond publicly to concerns regarding the project you are leading, if you want people to have any trust on you and your team.
No project manager worth their salt says they won't address public posted concerns in public, only in private. That is extremely unprofessional.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#69  May 05, 2016, 12:50:53 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
aside from the situation with the money donations I do love your characters
I need more PSN friends
#70  May 05, 2016, 01:09:00 am
  • Antonodi'!
You guys have much to learn and to prove if you intend to ask for that much on a crowd funding campaign. No one knows you all, you never released any games, doesn't have your resumes there, nothing.
How do you expect to people to give you money with those credentials? The age of easy money for game development projects on crowd funding platforms died in 2011.

Bea, let me say that I don't understand your point of view which I think is wrong. The problem here is not that, as you said, this game is trying to make "easy money" , the problem is that this game has never got off the ground!. And that's not because people don't like this game (and if you don't like it, I don't have nothing against you) but because the debate was just on "what was stolen". As I said, we made mistakes, but even if are Naughty Dogs and you're going to build a crowdfunding campaign for Uncharted 4, you'll get nothing if all people don't talk of the gameplay but only that the engine was stolen and Nathan Drake's left hands is stolen from MGS Big Boss! ;) You can seems professional as you want, but if people don't speak of your game, you'll never have a chance even if your C.V. is full of successes!  ;D
#71  May 05, 2016, 01:18:14 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
People will focus on talking about the game when there is confidence it can be made is all Bea is saying. We believe in your work Aiduzzi. We know you. But ppl outside of this forum may not know you as well and we sure don't know the other members. Is it so odd we'd doubt the legitimacy of the MUGEN license when Elecbyte has NEVER done this in the past 16 years they existed and go for YEARS with no way to contact them or us hearing a peep.

Some of us donated to their engine and we still don't hear a peep. Not that they owe us anything. It just made it harder to believe that portion. With that out of the way you should focus on getting more info on the team out and build confidence in the project :)

Bea

#72  May 05, 2016, 01:44:28 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org

Bea, let me say that I don't understand your point of view which I think is wrong. The problem here is not that, as you said, this game is trying to make "easy money" , the problem is that this game has never got off the ground!. And that's not because people don't like this game (and if you don't like it, I don't have nothing against you) but because the debate was just on "what was stolen". As I said, we made mistakes, but even if are Naughty Dogs and you're going to build a crowdfunding campaign for Uncharted 4, you'll get nothing if all people don't talk of the gameplay but only that the engine was stolen and Nathan Drake's left hands is stolen from MGS Big Boss! ;) You can seems professional as you want, but if people don't speak of your game, you'll never have a chance even if your C.V. is full of successes!  ;D

And yet here you are, proving my point that you all are wholly unprepared for this endeavour.
One, Naughty Dogs is a widely known developer, whereas you are a bunch of people no one in the scene knows. Your presentation video was extremely amateurish, the whole page is poorly put together and your social media manager isn't even here posting to ease our concerns or talking with the media, and it has been 3 days since you launched the campaign. And the 3 iOS games Jeremy company published aren't even listed there as proof of competence.

And you have to understand that the crowdfunding platforms aren't the same as they were 5 years ago. People expect more proof and need confidence in the team behind the project to open their wallets.
I am pointing out why your indiegogo campaign will fail and giving you links to valuable resources, where other indie devs have shared their experiences, what worked, what didn't, how much they've sold so you can learn and prepare better before attempting again.

I don't have anything against you or your game. I have a quarrel with how the whole campaign is being miss managed.

Edit: Do you even have a press kit for your campaign?
Surely you do and you sent it to some major gaming sites, right?
Post it here for us to see!

Edit 2: Another thing you can do to improve your campaign and check your success chances is to look at the most funded ones here: https://www.indiegogo.com/explore/gaming#/browse/gaming?quick_filter=most_funded&location=everywhere&project_type=all&percent_funded=all&goal_type=all&more_options=false&status=all

See how they all list previous games and/or experience? And how Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm only raised $118,243USD, even though it was a project by 3 former SNK employees who already had developed Yatagarasu.
This is what I am trying to point to you. Drop this now, recoup, prepare better and try again when you are ready. Even then you have a good chance to fail because 87K is a lot of money to ask when you don't have anything released so far.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:11:05 am by Bea
#73  May 05, 2016, 05:19:07 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
#74  May 05, 2016, 09:34:17 am
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
I very like your work Aiduzzi, and I hope this game will be a reality.
But I think Bea is right, you should change the engine to work with Unreal or another prgogram. And show more details so people will see the work you will put in it.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#75  May 05, 2016, 12:31:14 pm
  • Antonodi'!
I very like your work Aiduzzi, and I hope this game will be a reality.
But I think Bea is right, you should change the engine to work with Unreal or another prgogram. And show more details so people will see the work you will put in it.
I think it that talking of Mugen was our biggest error. If you read my first post in this thread you'll see that this game is not only Mugen. This game uses Unity too. But nobody talks about it.  :mwhy:

Bea what you said is right but, as I said that's not the point. Maybe we're just a bunch of novices, and we don't know nothing about videogames. Maybe as you said our campaign is wrong, our video is shit and we're even unpleasant guys  ;D but what I asked is to fail because the game is broken, crappy or not funny and not because the game is a crime. That's all I asked for. Anyway if I said something wrong to you, I'm very sorry. My english is not so good and all I just wanted to do is to make you understand my point of view, nothing more ;)

P.S. Do you really think that our presentation video is extremely amateurish?  :mwhy: Everyone who saw it (included some professial videogames    journalists) said that it is awesome!  ;D
#76  May 05, 2016, 12:43:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

P.S. Do you really think that our presentation video is extremely amateurish?  :mwhy: Everyone who saw it (included some professial videogames    journalists) said that it is awesome!  ;D

Yes its pretty terrible. The thing carrying it are your sprites but there is zero planning to it. Bea is right about that. You could do much better to make it look decent.
#77  May 05, 2016, 01:14:38 pm
i thought it was good, a little bit long maybe.
i think it should've had an introduction by the team or a voice over. you should've emphasized that the game needs funding in it, otherwise people will watch it and say "cool" and just click away.
basically you should've shown people yourselves talking about the game and explaining things about it and that it needs funding, this video is your first impression on the people, it should contain a summery everything about the game. as you shouldn't assume that everyone will read the description in the campaign.
i see that you guys are getting more backers, good luck with that :)

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#78  May 05, 2016, 01:19:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Aiduzzi already announced he cancelled the project. So he pulled the plug.

And there are way more things missing, theres no proper intro to what is happening or whats going on, the stages look like they are a bunch of recycled elements , which make no sense. theres no previous work shown by the devs for that ammount of money, there are very recognizable sprites elements in the video that could have been avoided with a more to the point video that shortened how much of those were shown on screen. Hdbz had way less material to show and the trailer was fully prepared to showcase what the game concept would be if it was finished. Theres no reason for this to look so poorly considering how much work they have and how they have the license for martial masters, breakers revenge and even a license for mugen.  Why make a video that reflects none of the shifts they can code in and offers no concept of what changes they will implement considering all that.

With a bit of foreplanning they could  really reap some heavy backers but even on eventhubs the comments recognize several elements shown and dont know much of what to make from it. ~

Aiduzzi should really focus on reading some of those posts instead of just going on about it being a crime, which it doesnt make much sense. Criticism has always been key in doing anything.
#79  May 05, 2016, 01:26:19 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Aiduzzi already announced he cancelled the project. So he pulled the plug.

And there are way more things missing, theres no proper intro to what is happening or whats going on, the stages look like they are a bunch of recycled elements , which make no sense. theres no previous work shown by the devs for that ammount of money, there are very recognizable sprites elements in the video that could have been avoided with a more to the point video that shortened how much of those were shown on screen. Hdbz had way less material to show and the trailer was fully prepared to showcase what the game concept would be if it was finished. Theres no reason for this to look so poorly considering how much work they have and how they have the license for martial masters, breakers revenge and even a license for mugen.  Why make a video that reflects none of the shifts they can code in and offers no concept of what changes they will implement considering all that.

With a bit of foreplanning they could  really reap some heavy backers but even on eventhubs the comments recognize several elements shown and dont know much of what to make from it.

Sadly, this is true... I just hope that Aiduzzi can try again i the near future... Just give it time and maybe some more practice and planning. Take it as experience, and I hope he learns from it (for better).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#80  May 05, 2016, 01:27:51 pm
oh yeah fei long's chest on that old man and freeman from garou on the ring girl, they did sorta stick out like a sore thump.
he said he will revise them didn't he?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞