Progress (Read 667701 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#1421  February 23, 2016, 11:42:33 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
 :swoon: a Dying planet never looked so good.

I'm still working on the Forest stage on my part, figuring out how the greens are gonna go is tough. I hope to actually have something on that soon.

Haven't started on the select screen as well, will work on it, once I figure out my head from toes with the Forest's greenery. Once I do start, it shouldn't take me that long though (I hope).
This is a generic forum signature.
#1422  March 04, 2016, 02:23:53 am
  • Obscurity-bound destroyer of worlds.
  • What? Don't look at me like that.
Please, if you can find them, add the lesser forms of Frieza and Cell, because the first version of Cell is my absolute favorite!!!
<3 <3 <3

"I will destroy this pathetic planet!!!"
- The Destroyer of Worlds, 742
#1423  March 04, 2016, 12:50:37 pm
I don't see that happening.
Also he/they wouldn't have to "find them", he/they would have to make them. And I mean sprites and codes.

user above, who deleted the post for no reason, said:
I've had them.    XP
Also, suit yourself, you don't want to have
the coolest* characters in DBZ (*yeah fine in my opinion whatever)
then go ahead.

It's not that I don't want to have something, but
1- requesting for something to be made is against the rules
2- that would give the creator/s more work to do.

It's just a bit of common sense.

Also, those sprites you're talking about (I guess you're talking about a certain Freeza all forms by oz and the Cell by Sawwen or the one Choujin styled) don't fit the size of the characters used here for this full-game, Neocide and/or the others would have to rescale and edit them.

It would be cool indeed, I can't argue that.
Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:42:13 pm by Sin-
#1424  March 08, 2016, 05:05:18 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
coding progress is gonna be on halt for a while(I'll have HUGE news about it later on) Gonna go a bit nuts on spriting including maybe bringing someone back. I'll show stuff off at some point.

Also regarding something I didn't even get a chance to address before said person rebutted his comment.

I wouldn't do all forms for a number of reasons -

1. It's a lot of sprite work, a LOT. rescaling alone would be annoying.

2. A lot of coding and creative time plotting out each form to make them unique

3. see 2 also, most people would skip over the trans and go to final form or the simple reason, it slows down
the game and makes no real sense other than to look cool for something that takes way more time than it's worth.

If I don't seem it, I'm actually extremely Hype right now. Don't want to tell the reason as of yet because I'd rather keep it a reveal for later. For obvious reasons
Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:08:20 am by Neocide
#1425  May 13, 2016, 09:12:21 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Thought I'd post just to let everyone know I'm still working, been working on freeza's extra frames from EB. I reworked the system with some changes thanks to kamekaze, I've made a big detailed txt descrbing the whole system and the different styles. Not posting it atm because most ppl would rather see sprites and stuff,if interested I'll post it.

In other news whizzy is going to be developing the soundtrack and the Screenpack is moving along nicely as well.

Benhazard is working on more frames for broli trunks and fixing up tien.
#1426  May 14, 2016, 04:49:49 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Thanks for keeping us updated, it's good to hear you're getting help from Kame and Ben

#1427  May 14, 2016, 05:12:59 pm
Not posting it atm because most ppl would rather see sprites and stuff,if interested I'll post it.

Of course we're interested. Why saying that and then not showing anything?
#1428  May 14, 2016, 10:51:44 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Because most times I show detailed stuff I don't get much feedback on it, besides people might understand it more with videos, (which weren't coming for a long time) but I'll post it then:

================================================
|Dragon Ball: All Stars System Overview|
==================================================

----------------
|Summary|
-----------------

This is the Final system that was inspired by Kamekaze's system, which
is very close to mine, so I decided to implement elements from kamekaze's
(with permission) and merged with mine.

-------------------
|What's New|
-------------------

- New burst(Kamekaze's Action Code)
- Ki Styles
- Super system
- Launcher revamped
- Ex moves
- All Stars back
- Some other stuff

---------------------
|Button layout|
---------------------

[X] - Light Attack

[Y] - Hard Attack

[Z] - Launcher

[A] - Ki

['B] - Burst

[C] - Charge Power

[X] or [Y] + [Z] = Teleport

-----------
|Attacks|
------------

-------------
Standing
--------------

-------------------
Light Attacks [X]
--------------------

Lights[X] are up to 4 hits,and quick in speed, sometimes will have movement.Light[X] attack chain into Hard attacks

-------------------
Hard Attacks [Y]
--------------------

Hard [Y] attacks will be up to 3 hits with the last knocking the oppoenent away.

----------------
Launcher [Z]
----------------
Launches opponent into the air, can super jump immedietly after for air combos.

-------------
Crouching
--------------

----------------
Attacks [X][Y]
-----------------

Crouching attacks will not link into standing attacks, they will only link with one another.

--------------
Launcher [Z]
---------------

Crouching version will be a overhead leading to a bounce, for juggle combos.

----------------
Jumping
-----------------

-----------------
Attacks [X][Y]
------------------
Light [X] and hard [Y] will chain with each other here, each button being single hit

---------------
Launcher [Z]
--------------
Launcher works counter to what it is on the ground, it will finish a combo
while in the air.

--------------
|Ki [A]|
---------------
There will be a few different styles for ki, Rapid fire,Charge,Spread(Flare)Melee.There are no basic air ki attacks, some will have specials for it though.

-----------------------------
|Rapid Fire(Renzoku)|
------------------------------

Common ki shot, can be rapidly hit for up to 7 hits, chains from basic attacks.
Characters who use: Vegeta,Goku,F.Gohan,Freeza, M.vegeta,Krillen

-------------------
|Charge(Orb)|
-------------------

Slower blast, more damage, the longer the charge[A] the stronger the attack
knocks down on full charge. doesn't chain from basic [X][Y] attacks.

Characters who use: K.Buu,Recoome,S.Buu,Piccolo,F. Buu

----------------------
Spread (Flare)|
----------------------

Spread [A] is a good multi hit close range flare  that is good for finishing off a combo with.
Characters who use:
Yamcha,18,Cell,Tien,Ginyu,T.Gohan

-------------------
|Melee|
-------------------
Melee [A] is a bit more unique, depending on the character the attributes change somewhat, for instance, trunks' version, the higher his
power is the more range his sword has to hit, sorta like link can fire a bolt from his sword when all his hearts are full.

Characters who use: Trunks, Uss Vegeta,Broli,Vegitto

----------------------
|Ki Specials|
-----------------------
Ki specials are ki moves done on the Ki button with a special motion (Ie, QCF,QCB,Hold,Down,Up,DP,etc) They cost power like ki but more, and are usually signature ki attacks of some sort, Vegeta's Bakuhatsuha, Freeza's Telekenisis,Kienzan,taioken, etc.

each character will have at the least 2 some might have more

--------------------
|Specials|
--------------------

Specials will be on [X] and [Y] buttons, with the EX[XY] version being x+y no specials on launch[Z] button.

-------------
|Supers|
--------------
There will be two ki based supers with the commands of QCFx2 and QCBx2 respectively. Goku and Vegeta have a Burst super that is basically a transformation. Some might have physical supers, which can be done on either Light[X] or Hard attack[Y].  All supers for the most part are level onesthere are a few exceptions.

Minumum amount of supers - 3

----------------
|All star|
----------------
All star is basically the characters'cinematic Finisher, done when the opponent's health is at or under 15% and power is at 3000 or more.

Command: QCFx2 + Charge button

-----------------
|All star list|
------------------

Goku     - Super Sayain Tour

Goku reverts to normal and proceeds to go through the stages of super
sayain while demolishing the opponent.

T. Gohan - Ghost Dad Kamehameha

Vegeta   - Vegeta's Big Bang

Trunks   - Sword slashing fun! (Name TBD)

Piccolo  - Namekian Sendoff

Yamcha   - Howling wolf

Tien     - Chaiotizu? No!!!!

Ginyu    - Bodyswitch Beatdown

Krillen   - Taioken Kienzan

Cell       - The Art of Perfection

Freeza   - Entrapment of Fear

18          - Beautiful Ending

F. Gohan - Hero's finish

K. Buu   - Bye Bye Dummy!

S. Buu   - Asorbtion

F. Buu   - Chocolate!

Broli    - I am the Devil

That's it for now, don't have full details on all the All Stars, but I have a general idea for where I want to go with them. I'll put them along with the specials and supers for each character in their own thread later on. I might have missed something, so if you got questions ask away.

*F.Gohan   = Final Gohan (or Mystic Gohan)
*M.Vegeta = Majin Vegeta
Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:54:45 pm by Neocide
#1429  May 14, 2016, 11:03:55 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Hey, Neo. Sorry for the lack of news. I'm so freaking tired and I using my little free time to rest.
Anyway, I'll try finish the lifebars until next monday. ::)
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1430  May 14, 2016, 11:42:25 pm
Some feedback:
the layout seems interesting enough. Kamekaze's Raditz wip is looking good, so I'm curious as to how you'll implement it with your sprites.
However I would change something.

- This is probably something we've discussed some years ago in this topic (too lazy to check), but having the burst and the teleport together seems kind of redundant (if with "burst" you mean the dash with aura).
I would probably use the teleport a la Budokai 3, like a counter attack (using 1/3 or 1/2 of your power).
You could give a "weak super armour" property to the Burst dash (with that I mean the character who burst dashes can absorb one hit without going to get hit states), like in Shin Budokai 1 and 2/Another Road.

- About the Ki [A] attacks, I would make the Charge ones chain-able from basic attacks too, to increase the number of 'mind-games' during the fight.

About the All Stars hyper moves, some need spellchecking.
- Goku's Super Saiyajin/Saiyan Tour doesn't make much sense. If he's fighting in Super Saiyan form, why does he revert to normal? I can see why he would use the other forms though.
- Trunks's AS move could be called "Burning Slash" or "Shining Sword Slash", I suppose he's serious while fighting so putting the word "fun" would be out of place.
- Super Buu's AS would require more sprite work, I would suggest making his Human Extinction hyper, the one when he's waiting one minute on Kami's Lookout.
#1431  May 16, 2016, 07:41:23 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Hey, Neo. Sorry for the lack of news. I'm so freaking tired and I using my little free time to rest.
Anyway, I'll try finish the lifebars until next monday. ::)

np man there's no rush.

Some feedback:
the layout seems interesting enough. Kamekaze's Raditz wip is looking good, so I'm curious as to how you'll implement it with your sprites.
However I would change something.

- This is probably something we've discussed some years ago in this topic (too lazy to check), but having the burst and the teleport together seems kind of redundant (if with "burst" you mean the dash with aura).
I would probably use the teleport a la Budokai 3, like a counter attack (using 1/3 or 1/2 of your power).
You could give a "weak super armour" property to the Burst dash (with that I mean the character who burst dashes can absorb one hit without going to get hit states), like in Shin Budokai 1 and 2/Another Road.

- About the Ki [A] attacks, I would make the Charge ones chain-able from basic attacks too, to increase the number of 'mind-games' during the fight.

About the All Stars hyper moves, some need spellchecking.
- Goku's Super Saiyajin/Saiyan Tour doesn't make much sense. If he's fighting in Super Saiyan form, why does he revert to normal? I can see why he would use the other forms though.
- Trunks's AS move could be called "Burning Slash" or "Shining Sword Slash", I suppose he's serious while fighting so putting the word "fun" would be out of place.
- Super Buu's AS would require more sprite work, I would suggest making his Human Extinction hyper, the one when he's waiting one minute on Kami's Lookout.

- Burst isn't the same anymore, it's exactly like kamekaze's action button. I thought of making zanzoken's counters as well, still debating though.

- Thought of that, but the charged ki attacks do more damage than spread and rapid so they had to have some drawback over the other two (flare is short ranged, and rapid is weak)

- lol now getting feedback on my saiyan typo lol.

- I copy pasted a lot of this from my read me which I didn't check over entirely till I posted here, so I missed a few cues, as Goku's All star is actually just entiled "The Super Saiyan tour" which isn't a tour through just super saiyan
it's a tour through all his forms in general (normal,kaioken,ss,ss2,ss3) the super saiyan tour just sounded better
than the "the saiyan tour" he reverts to normal to go through all his forms on the opponent, which is why it's called a tour.

-lol the name I used wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was a placeholder. His All Star is basically the move he did on freeza's men.

- Super buu's AS isn't too much work, it's basically one sprite per opponent not to mention I can get the community involved in doing the sprites (hopefully)

Human extinction is a interactive super (tapping the button to get more rain of energy blasts)
#1432  May 16, 2016, 02:12:16 pm
- lol now getting feedback on my saiyan typo lol.

- I copy pasted a lot of this from my read me which I didn't check over entirely till I posted here, so I missed a few cues, as Goku's All star is actually just entiled "The Super Saiyan tour" which isn't a tour through just super saiyan
it's a tour through all his forms in general (normal,kaioken,ss,ss2,ss3) the super saiyan tour just sounded better
than the "the saiyan tour" he reverts to normal to go through all his forms on the opponent, which is why it's called a tour.

-lol the name I used wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was a placeholder. His All Star is basically the move he did on freeza's men.

- You know how I am. :P
There's other stuff to fix. :twisted:

- So do you mean the thing he does against Fat Buu, more or less? (because you added Kaioken)
I still don't understand though, that's more fitting as an intro for SS3 Goku (if you're going to make it, but I think you're not).
Or it could be like a hyper rush with him attacking the enemy (while in Super Saiyan form) and in the meantime he transforms into his more powerful forms.
I would say to not make the normal and Kaioken moves because they're weaker and using them wouldn't make sense (for me).

- Yes, yes, I just gave some options.
#1433  May 17, 2016, 05:01:07 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
he does a move to them in each form as his all star, it's not just a showcase of the looks, it's him beating the shit out of them in each form which is why it's called a tour, he's literally whooping your ass and changing forms as he goes.

ss forms in this game aren't used as full attribute boosters like they are in the canon, I'm using them more as different style types. which is why he uses all forms in the AS ( I plan on making another 2 goku's and another Vegeta down the line as these two will be the only transforming char types in the game)

Re: Progress(Lifebars 95%)
#1434  June 02, 2016, 06:36:32 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Been plowing through Freeza frames, (about 3 rows left to do) I'll show them off when I finish but in the meantime Speedster finished the Lifebars, I made some adjustments (for the custom portraits) Turns portraits are not aligned entirely properly but I don't know how to move them(when I tried it just moved the border)

Without further Ado:
Spoiler: Normal (click to see content)
Spoiler: Teams (click to see content)
Spoiler: Turns (click to see content)
Radar has an animated Sonar, the Powerbar number changes to a diff dball every level (up to 5)
There's this too :
(I think I might ask for someone to Legit hi res them so the edges don't look so rough)

I would do the team portraits like the eye catch in db kai but I don't use photoshop so getting that triangle angle in paintshop pro is a pain in the ass.

Also, I'm looking for someone who wants to do the Announcer's voice.

Win Icons I didn't show because I forgot? and I might change them myself later ( I might make some) they don't go in those little green squares.(those are just props for the lifebars)

#1435  June 02, 2016, 04:59:09 pm
You could put the powerbars (and the lifebars) on top of everything, because
in the first screenshot there's a rock on p2 side hiding part of the powerbar,
in the second one they're almost completely behind the rocks sprite (same for the third),
in the last ones the flowers are on top of the powerbar.
#1436  June 02, 2016, 05:50:48 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Yea I forgot to mention that to speedster.
#1437  June 02, 2016, 11:36:53 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Damn! My plan was set the layerno of the powerbar as 2, but I forgot the spr priority. :omg:
I gonna fix that and the turns border.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#1438  June 11, 2016, 06:53:13 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
so after like 3 months I finally finished freeza's extra frames I'm now going to be working on the four ki system style bases Rapid(Vegeta),Spread(T.Gohan),Melee(Trunks) and Charge(Piccolo).

but in the meantime here's some (most) of the freeza stuff I did.  Most of it will be replacing stuff I had before, but wasn't entirely happy with since it was being reused. So now the specials feel more "Special" or "Super"

(Speeds aren't ingame)

I did his walk too, but I only went over it once when I made it, and like all static-ish motions jumpyness is bound to happen. so I need to fix that before I want to show it animated,but here's a shot:

#1439  June 11, 2016, 07:08:05 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Wow, i like how much muscles details you added despite the limit of the size.
#1440  June 11, 2016, 11:32:26 pm
That's Neo, the spriting monster for ya xD