YesNoOk

Alena Tsarevna & Shiranui Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style) [May 26th, 2016] (Read 31759 times)

Started by Noctis, May 19, 2016, 08:10:48 pm
Share this topic:
Alena Tsarevna & Shiranui Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style) [May 26th, 2016]
New #1  May 19, 2016, 08:10:48 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Alena Tsarevna
This is Alena Tsarevna from Dragon Quest with CVS styled sprites and what I now call CVS2+ styled gameplay. It's like a WIP. I'd appreciate any comments and tips on things relating to her mechanics and gameplay or whatever else you want to tell me about really.
Works on 1.0 & 1.1, but she currently does not work in WinMugen due to having used coding not supported by WinMugen.
Check out her "Readme" file for info, movelist and updates.

In order to use her, change her folder name to the version you want to play her on. "Alena_1.0" would be for 1.0 and "Alena_1.1" for 1.1.

Warning! Somewhat large filesize (15.86mb).
Download - May 26th, 2016

Previous Versions
Download 2.2 - May 24th, 2016 (15mb).

Download 2.1 - May 20th, 2016 (15mb).

Download 2.0 - May 19th, 2016 (15mb).

Video by Gui007!
Preview
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Bakuretsuken

Ojo Tsarevna no Ken Startup

Enjoy.

Feedback?

Mai Shiranui
This is the third version of Mai Shiranui. Third version being her mechanics have been changed to work with Alena since they're both the same style. CVS2+. So it's the same situation as Alena. Any comments or opinions or anything else, please do tell.
Works on 1.0 & 1.1, but she currently does not work in WinMugen due to having used coding not supported by WinMugen.
Check out her "Readme" file for info, movelist and updates.

In order to use her, change her folder name to the version you want to play her on. "Mai_1.0" would be for 1.0 and "Mai_1.1" for 1.1.

Warning! Somewhat large filesize (21.95mb).
Download - Updated May 26th, 2016

Previous Versions
Download 2.5 - May 24th, 2016 (21mb)

Download 2.4 - May 20th, 2016 (21mb)

Download 2.3 - May 19th, 2016 (21mb).

Download 2.2 - October 26th, 2015 (21mb).

Download 2.1 - October 4th, 2015 (21mb).

Download 2.0 - September 16th, 2015 (18mb).

Yume Sakura

Enjoy.

Feedback?

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:15:10 am by Noctis
Re: Alena Tsarevna (CVS2+ Style) & Shiranui Mai Updated [May 19th, 2016]
#2  May 19, 2016, 08:45:33 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Will test & give feedback!

Some very quick feedback on Alena... All tested in MUGEN 1.0

- typo in the readme... SLAM DUNK throw is done with HK, THIGHDUNK with HK... (maybe you should switch it around, so it is like in your readme, since SLAM DUNK is a throw which involves Alenas hands & THIGHUNK her legs...)

- would like to have a config to adjust the placement of the MORALE bar

- PALETTE SELECTOR is not working

- has she no falling/hitting the ground sound?

- taunt CLSN could need some adjustment (but it´s not really bad)

- crouching HP needs a sound effect when she´s actually hitting the ground

- hitboxes on crouching LK & HK are misaligned...

- yellow palfx on EX moves should stay for the duration of the attack/animation

- dunno why, but I would love to see a POTS style hyper portrait waitamin... there are in there, but ya can barely see them...

Just a little detail, I always like the Sankaku Tobi/Wall Jump/Triangle Jump technique.

Mai feedback (MUGEN 1.0)

- like Alena, yellow palfx on EX moves should stay for the duration of the attack/animation

- like Alena, no ground hit sound?

- like Alena, Mai´s taunt CLSN needs adjustment

- I shouldn´t be able to change palette in between rounds

- typos in the readme ... BENITSURU NO MAI should read (Hold F, MK), KOKU'EN NO MAI (Hold DF, MK), YUSURA UME (Hold D, MK)

- YUSURA UME does not hit p2 at all

- I have a very hard time getting the MUSASABI NO MAI (in air, D, DB, B, P) version to work

Do the EX moves have so much benefit or why do they cost 1000 power each? As much as a level 1 super?
Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:49:28 pm by Staubhold
#3  May 20, 2016, 02:14:00 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Let's see here...

Alena
- typo in the readme... SLAM DUNK throw is done with HK, THIGHDUNK with HK... (maybe you should switch it around, so it is like in your readme, since SLAM DUNK is a throw which involves Alenas hands & THIGHUNK her legs...)
You know what. I didn't realize I had that backwards. Will fix.

- would like to have a config to adjust the placement of the MORALE bar
That's a good idea. I'll do that. I could have sworn I had it adjusted to always be at the bottom of the screen, however. >_>
I remember testing the fuck out of that with Mai a year back. Thanks for the mention!

- PALETTE SELECTOR is not working
Oops. Yeah Alena doesn't have one yet. She only has 12 palettes. I released her before finishing a few miscellaneous things. She'll have more. Around the same as Mai. Bunch'a random, shitty palettes :D

- has she no falling/hitting the ground sound?
You know I always noticed that until I got used to it. I have no idea why they don't. Will fix.

- taunt CLSN could need some adjustment (but it´s not really bad)
Ugh. I guess I can make it more proper. :(
I actually try to quickly clsn things that don't really affect gameplay. Taunt being mostly the only thing.

- crouching HP needs a sound effect when she´s actually hitting the ground
Yep. It'll be fixed!

- hitboxes on crouching LK & HK are misaligned...
I can't remember if I did that on purpose or not. It was uhhh DivineWolf or JesusZilla's idea. It's to allow other players to get a crouch attack in or something to that effect I believe?

- yellow palfx on EX moves should stay for the duration of the attack/animation
Yeah why not.

- dunno why, but I would love to see a POTS style hyper portrait waitamin... there are in there, but ya can barely see them...
Alright sassy pants. You may have a point. I can't see shit. I'll see what I can do.

Just a little detail, I always like the Sankaku Tobi/Wall Jump/Triangle Jump technique.
Are you saying you like that she has it or that you'd like her to have it? She should have it.

Mai
- like Alena, yellow palfx on EX moves should stay for the duration of the attack/animation

- like Alena, no ground hit sound?

- like Alena, Mai´s taunt CLSN needs adjustment
Shall be fixed!

What? How do you do this? Explain because I coded it to only work during the intro.

- typos in the readme ... BENITSURU NO MAI should read (Hold F, MK), KOKU'EN NO MAI (Hold DF, MK), YUSURA UME (Hold D, MK)
Will fix. Didn't realize there was an error there.

- YUSURA UME does not hit p2 at all
.....oh

- I have a very hard time getting the MUSASABI NO MAI (in air, D, DB, B, P) version to work
I'll look into it.

Do the EX moves have so much benefit or why do they cost 1000 power each? As much as a level 1 super?
They don't cost juggle points and in custom combo mode they reset your jugglecounter to max.

I'll be updating it within the next few hours or days. Thank a lot for the feedback!
Any comments on the fact that the jugglecounter is a thing? Is it dumb? OP'ed? Or just indifferent? Like..it's nothing special? Because if that's so then I'll need to go back to the thinking board to make it rather useful and a big part of the gameplay.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

GT

#4  May 20, 2016, 02:59:54 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
-Bakuretsuken EX will go through opponents at close range and miss.
-I think Shin Shoujoken can link into itself indefinitely. I saw the recovery state controller in the custom state, but couldn't get it to trigger.
-IMO, you overused clsn1s for Sho-tsume.

Some of your enemynear redirects are missing a preceding numenemy.

Example
Code:
[State -2, Hitcount Reset]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = (Stateno != [200,650])
trigger1 = Enemynear,Movetype != H && (EnemyNear, StateNo != 5300)
trigger1 = Enemynear,Stateno != [120,160]
var(1) = 0

Great work and great char! :grrr:
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#5  May 20, 2016, 03:16:16 am
    • Germany
I really like chars with a wall jump and Alenas is working fine. Sorry for not making myself clear there...

Haven't tested jugglecounter and EX moves. Will do so...

Shouldn't Shin Shoujoken command be F, D, DF, P?  :laugh4:

What? How do you do this? Explain because I coded it to only work during the intro.

What I mean is this...
readme said:
PALETTE SELECTOR (U or D or F or B) - Surf through a bunch of random palettes during the intro or the beginning of each match.
Yeah, I can change palette at the start of p.e. the second match. This is needless. Since the start of all matches (expext the first one with the intros) is quick, I (dunno if others) already hold a command for a motion, but it will change the palette... Like I said, unnecessary, since I selected a pal already.

Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:16:36 am by Staubhold
#6  May 20, 2016, 04:36:04 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Fixed everything mentioned in here and just in time. Have to go to my cousin's wedding in an hour :D

I also took all of your suggestions, Staubhold. Like changing the command for Shin Shoujoken to F, D, DF, P. It just feels more proper since that's the command I'm assuming Ryu uses, yes?

Yours too, GT. Except for the numenemy thing. If I put a numenemy in there and if for some reason there was no enemies, the var wouldn't reset and could cause problems. That var NEEDS to reset always.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! Sorry if I missed anything. Gotta run!

#7  May 20, 2016, 09:08:58 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for the update. Both "feel" much better now.

Two short things...

- Alena hyper portrait is still hard to see at all
 - Mai has one tick of no CLSN when going from power charge to stand...

Later more feedback...
#8  May 21, 2016, 01:44:37 am
Nice Alena!! I like your characters.Thanks for sharing!!

・SHIN SHOUJOKEN command difficult(I think command last DF better than /DF)
・SHIN SHOUJOKEN no guard sound
#9  May 21, 2016, 02:03:22 am
    • Germany
More feedback...

- (on both) add some afterimage effects to DODGE & ROLL

- (both) DODGE ATTACK is not in the readme

- DODGE ATTACK with kick will stuck Alena in the dodge animation & gives a debug message... In state 255: changed to invalid 255 (from state 700)

- small detail on Mai... since you´re going with KOF XIII style Shiranui Ryuu Kunoichi no Mai, add the two shamisen chords (one at the start, the other in the middle of the super) to yours too
Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:10:53 am by Staubhold
#10  May 21, 2016, 11:13:02 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
* Any particular reason for downscaling Alena's sprites?
* Why does she have a fireball projectile? The entire point of her character is that she can't use magic at all.
#11  May 22, 2016, 12:04:00 am
    • USA
    • stev1mj1s11@gmail.com
How do you move the power gauge lower.
#12  May 22, 2016, 05:14:32 am
  • Before you even ask, yes I did it.
    • USA
    • kersonetiene@gmail.com
Alenas close s.LK has to be blocked low
Living off of borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
#13  May 22, 2016, 03:49:37 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Sorry, guys! I did a quick, 5 minute updated a few days ago because I was going out of town for a while. I'll get to the bigger stuff and fix all the other bugs found when I can get to it. Probably within the next few hours or by tomorrow!

- Alena hyper portrait is still hard to see at all
Okay, I had this fixed, but now that I'm opening Alena back up and looking again, it didn't save my progress. I've been having this problem with FF3 for literally years. I will randomly lose my progress so you'll probably get an update or 2 without anything actually updated. And believe me it fucking drives me nuts. I'm sorry about that.

- Mai has one tick of no CLSN when going from power charge to stand...
Wow. Must've been that way for years. Thanks for noticing!

SHIN SHOUJOKEN command difficult(I think command last DF better than /DF)
SHIN SHOUJOKEN no guard sound
The no guard sound is interesting. Will fix. The command, however was done because if it was simply DF and not /DF, then Bakuretsuken would almost never work properly due to similar commands. I personally have no difficulty using it. You just hold down DF instead of letting go. There's no certain amount of time to hold it before using it or anything. Not like her Fireball projectile.

- (on both) add some afterimage effects to DODGE & ROLL
Personally, I'd rather not but I'll add some to see how it looks since you brought it up. If I'm not happy with it then that'll be why it's not in the update. That or it didn't save properly again :P

- (both) DODGE ATTACK is not in the readme
Oops.

- DODGE ATTACK with kick will stuck Alena in the dodge animation & gives a debug message... In state 255: changed to invalid 255 (from state 700)
That... I think that was a counterattack thing I was working on with Mai and I thought I removed it. I'm actually pretty sure I did. Another example of losing my fucking progress. It's a remnant that doesn't belong. Thanks and sorry!
Nevermind, I thought you were referring to something else that I'd already removed but it didn't save. It is gone. You're referring to the same thing as earlier. The dodge attack....my misunderstanding. Yes, that's gonna be fixed as well thanks!

- small detail on Mai... since you´re going with KOF XIII style Shiranui Ryuu Kunoichi no Mai, add the two shamisen chords (one at the start, the other in the middle of the super) to yours too
I'm not sure I'm picking up what you're hearing. Shamisen the instrument? Mai's playing a chord or two during the attack?

* Any particular reason for downscaling Alena's sprites?
Because she was too big for cvs style. Her head was gigantic compared to Mai. Her original sprites were basically CPS2 which is why I struggled to get somewhat decent looking CVS styled animations.

* Why does she have a fireball projectile? The entire point of her character is that she can't use magic at all.
It's not magic. It's more like an aura attack. Second, she uses it in the game you know? It's actually her ultimate attack. Flash Fire Fist. I just made a meh version of it and maybe I'll make the actual full attack in a future update.

How do you move the power gauge lower.
You can't, yet. I'm going to edit it so you don't have to, but give you the option to as well.

Alenas close s.LK has to be blocked low
Thanks for the catch!

So like I said I will be updating them and fixing everything (hopefully). Thanks for the feedback cause I appreciate it much.

Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:17:30 pm by Noctis
#14  May 22, 2016, 06:54:26 pm
    • Germany
I'm not sure I'm picking up what you're hearing. Shamisen the instrument? Mai's playing a chord or two during the attack?

Yes to both.
#15  May 22, 2016, 07:26:40 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/

Yes to both.

Well if you can find some KOFXIII sfx, I'd be happy to work that in. I can't seem to find any sound rips.

#16  May 22, 2016, 08:08:00 pm
    • Germany
#17  May 23, 2016, 08:23:37 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
i didnt know you released her!
what a pity that i have to move her gauge :P

I can assist in palettes if you'd like?
#18  May 23, 2016, 04:16:01 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
i didnt know you released her!
what a pity that i have to move her gauge :P

I can assist in palettes if you'd like?

I would love palettes! :3
Also, I have it fixated on a specific spot now like how its supposed to be. I've no idea why it wasn't in the first place. I can only wonder what else I did months back that didn't get saved x.x
But you can ALSO move it despite it's fixation so..yeah. Fixed it and gave you more options.
I'll wait for whatever palettes you'd like to give before updating them both.

Edit:
Actually, Demitri. In the palette do you have two lines of 8 black/gray colors in a row? If you do, the bottom one is her underwear. In my tired daze I thought I had a GREAT idea to CS her really fast....afterwards I realized I didn't have a good idea and then I quit I actually sighed at myself.
But anyways, the colors should be in the palette, just not being used in the current Alena version.

#19  May 24, 2016, 11:35:06 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Okay everything should be fixed, updated, working, etc.
I also added a thing or 2 to them that I finally got to. Trying to make everything come together and work with the Jugglepoint counter. Still an odd issue with the sprpriority with the numbers, but nothing that's game breaking. Not at all.

If it seems like nothings updated or if something is broken, do post and tell. I tested everything a bajillion times and then some so it probably just didn't save properly.

Re: Alena Tsarevna & Shiranui Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style) [May 24th, 2016]
#20  May 25, 2016, 08:00:41 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for the update.
Shiranui Ryuu Kunoichi no Mai sounds much better with the shamisen chords.

Short feedback...

- debug flood on Alena... "In state 0: can´t map palette 1.1 to 1.33"
 - Mai has no afterimages in her Roll & Dodge, Alena has...
 - config file for the position of Mais Morale Bar is not working, for Alena it is

Alenas Moral Bar start position:

Mai:
I can change the appropriate value in her config, bar will stay up there
Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:14:29 pm by Staubhold