• USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
THANK FUCKING CHRIST, PLEASE KILL THAT GAME
Re: Overwatch thread
#62  June 16, 2016, 07:02:52 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#63  June 16, 2016, 07:40:04 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I don't think Overwatch can have an loyal community for many years as LoL have.
Lasagna
#64  June 16, 2016, 06:35:16 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
That's quite big... I already had a feeling the game would be a major success worldwide but damn it still surprises me how the game's playerbase is growing a lot.

I like how the only physical change done to Widowmaker was to give her bigger boobs.

They didn't even change her portrait's artwork now that I see it, how can China get away with this stuff is beyond me...
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#65  June 16, 2016, 07:40:26 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#66  June 18, 2016, 05:47:18 pm
Been playing a lot more with Zarya as of late ever since I learned from Seagull's video that her shields give more power to her weapon, she's a monster when she gets a good amount of absorbed attacks. The damage is just insane, I have to wonder though if a lot of the people I fight online know about this since it seems kind of obscure I guess? Doesn't help she isn't played that much when I get to play the game.

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#67  June 18, 2016, 05:55:43 pm
    • USA
Obscure? It's right there in her character skill list, as her passive ability. Both your shield and the shield you deploy on your allies can power up your weapon. It's better to use her right click until you can get a good amount of power though.
#68  June 18, 2016, 06:29:39 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It's not something a lot of people pay attention to, in any case.  I almost never see any Zarya players.
#69  June 18, 2016, 06:40:35 pm
Obscure? It's right there in her character skill list, as her passive ability. Both your shield and the shield you deploy on your allies can power up your weapon. It's better to use her right click until you can get a good amount of power though.

I dunno, like Person Man said it doesn't seem like something a lot of people give attention to, a lot of people still shoot her while the shield is on or when it's given to a team mate.

#70  June 18, 2016, 08:44:06 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Not surprising, Zarya starts off fairly weak and you have to pay attention to both your teammates and the enemy team to know when to put a barrier and to whom. Put it on someone that's attracting fire or getting pretty deep into enemy territory. It's also a great lifesaver since you can block ultimates with it and even stuff like Reindhart's charge when done on teammates if you can put a bubble right before wall impact.

As mentioned already, High Power Zarya melts people's faces.

Oh and her Ultimate is godlike for setting up team wipes. Managed to give a friendly Pharah POTG by bunching the enemy team in one spot while she delivered justice from above.
#71  June 21, 2016, 07:16:54 pm
    • USA
#72  June 21, 2016, 09:07:08 pm
Sometimes I wonder, why are some teams so insistent on not to pick a tank or a healer? The latter occurs a lot more... it's even worse when someone changes from a healer or tank to someone else and it goes unnoticed until things get ugly, I just feel so forced to pick either one of these to help the team.

Speaking of support, I'm kinda hoping for Sombra to make it in... a support sniper sounds very interesting to me for some reason. There were those hints and leaked screenshots and everything, it's gotta be real right >__>

http://masteroverwatch.com/news/19-preview-of-gold-weapons-competitive-mode-rewards-from-ptr

Hmmm a lot of these look so pretty... I'd like to have McCree's and Symmetra's even though I know I'll likely never get any of them :V
#73  June 22, 2016, 02:00:44 am
    • USA
#74  June 22, 2016, 07:15:13 am
    • Puerto Rico
Sometimes I wonder, why are some teams so insistent on not to pick a tank or a healer? The latter occurs a lot more... it's even worse when someone changes from a healer or tank to someone else and it goes unnoticed until things get ugly, I just feel so forced to pick either one of these to help the team

Because everyone wants to kill and Medics are not very good at killing.
#75  June 23, 2016, 11:55:59 am
  • The Money In The Bank briefcase
  • 2 Sweet
    • Ireland
Sometimes I wonder, why are some teams so insistent on not to pick a tank or a healer? The latter occurs a lot more... it's even worse when someone changes from a healer or tank to someone else and it goes unnoticed until things get ugly, I just feel so forced to pick either one of these to help the team

Because everyone wants to kill and Medics are not very good at killing.

that's why zenyatta and to an extent lucio are there
#76  June 26, 2016, 09:25:00 am
    • Puerto Rico

I shouldn't be getting that amount of objective time as Reaper.

On another note, just got my 10th Legendary skin at Level 80

Got enough coins for an 11th, but either I don't play the other heroes enough or the ones I do I already have a skin I already like for them.
Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:28:22 am by Darkflare
#77  June 26, 2016, 11:01:35 pm
It seems like Zarya's been getting played a lot more ever since I made that post about her, I guess people are beginning to realize how much of a threat she can really be in the right hands. That ult of hers is sooo good when used at the right moment.

Recently I've been trying out Roadhog, he's pretty damn fun with the hook and stuff though I'm not sure if I got the hang of how to play him yet. Played some Bastion today too, he's harder to play than it seems, but I think I'll main him as well since I'm low on defensive heroes at the moment (I play Mei the most, and Widowmaker from time to time).

I shouldn't be getting that amount of objective time as Reaper.

On another note, just got my 10th Legendary skin at Level 80

Got enough coins for an 11th, but either I don't play the other heroes enough or the ones I do I already have a skin I already like for them.

Those skins are the ones that cost 1000 coins right? Yeah I got some of them for some of the characters I play... at least cyber goth Zarya, Stonehardt, Young Genji (black and Green), Rescue Mei and Dr Plague Reaper as I recall and they are all pretty good, love them (though I still prefer want abominable Mei).
#78  June 27, 2016, 01:38:18 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I've had no luck getting legendary skins.  I'm at level 30 and the only ones I've unlocked are Valkyrie Mercy and Antique Bastion.  I keep getting just sprays and voice lines.
#79  June 29, 2016, 05:57:50 am
Had more fun than I imagined with this week's weekly brawl just now... it's quite funny too what the quicker cooldowns can do when it's all Mercy and Pharah, the match becomes so crazy lol.

Also tried out some competitive mode today, won two and lost twice... it's pretty fun though, it does feel more balanced sometimes than quick match when it comes to players. I also scored a 4 or 5 people kill with Reaper's ult in Hollywood right at the end which was awesome, I was part of the attack team and that assured our victory, felt so satisfying to do that.
#80  June 29, 2016, 09:27:44 am
    • USA
2 dudes left one of my ranked matches and the game told me that I could quit with no penalty in the next 60 seconds. No penalty my ass, it counted as a loss :/

Still, 7 of 10 wins was a nice result with pubs. Can't complain. Only found one whiner in the entire thing.