YesNoOk

LEAVE won. (Read 36327 times)

Started by Iced, June 24, 2016, 06:15:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: LEAVE won.
#101  June 27, 2016, 12:37:33 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I won't stick my dick in the beehive that is this argument, but I gotta ask outta interest: where do you live Snakebyte?
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#102  June 27, 2016, 12:40:56 am
#103  June 27, 2016, 12:46:34 am
And no, I said propose laws. Being able to vote down what other people want until eventually they find someone to buy off and get it passed is not fucking democracy.
The people sent to the commission to make laws are still sent by the governments that are elected by the people. It's still democracy. I mean, where the hell do you even think these people come from. And now you're claiming that there's corruption and people buying off others to get laws passed ? Since when. This isn't the NRA.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#104  June 27, 2016, 12:48:12 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#105  June 27, 2016, 12:49:05 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ive repeteadly said that it goes without saying you dont need to be a racist to support leaving. I even went as far as saying that having to state it is as ridiculous as having to state that not all men rape since it was so obvious.

The only one insulting anyone here is you calling me a dipshit ,misrepresenting my position, repeatedly telling me im a liar, dishonest and how you are  so so disappointed in me.
So far the only thing you could even construe as an insult is telling you that what you are describing is not a tyranny..

So im not really sure why you are still harping on the racist key unless its just to throw smoke in the air.
#106  June 27, 2016, 12:53:38 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the relationship of the EU and the countries that belong to it pretty similar to the relationship of the American government and the states that belong to it? I know dick about politics overall, but that's my general impression.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:02:01 am by Mechy
#107  June 27, 2016, 12:56:06 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the relationship of the EU and the countries that belong to it pretty similar to the relationship of the American government and the states that belong to it?
They have less control if you were to make a direct aproximation but the purpose is to eventually mesh the countries enough that it gets pretty close.

this isnt coming up much but there are clear disavantages to being in the eu the countries involved get tangled , seriously tangled economically so when a country has issues it affects everyone.
Greece was a clear example  everyone else goes a bit worse in order to keep one of them afloat
you also get paid to halt production depending on what you produce
portugal was forbidden to produce more than a x gallons of milk, we could have sold much cheaper than any other country ebcause we are a huge production point but that would have ruined the economy of other countries
so instead they were paid to destroy production, This is a huge waste and is part of the whole economical thing that the EU has over the countries. There is less competition market wise
#108  June 27, 2016, 01:22:17 am
It's like one of the few sound reasons to support leave, now the UK (assuming they don't break up) will be free to maximize their economy without having to cater to less affluent nations. Though how they plan on doing that in the wake of recession is another matter.
Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:25:33 am by Niitris
#109  June 27, 2016, 01:29:14 am
Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the relationship of the EU and the countries that belong to it pretty similar to the relationship of the American government and the states that belong to it? I know dick about politics overall, but that's my general impression.
It's what they wish they could do. Each country still has its own laws, its own government, health care, education, economy. The USA are one country where each state is allowed to do their own thing on a number of aspects, the EU is a bunch of countries that have their own things going and try to come to an agreement on a bunch of points to keep each other up. If you look at the minimum wage for example, the USA have a federal level and then each state can work around that ; in Europe, to each his own, each country does it based on its own economy and it has nothing to do with Europe. The laws of each country has nothing to do with Europe either, they just add another layer on top of their own to meet specific European needs, but they work it into their laws. You never hear about a specific state of the US that goes down the shitter the way Greece did, because the US government is keeping it tight, and Europe doesn't have that.
It's all about the differences of a country that's split up in several states, and a bunch of countries that try to plug themselves into each other. But yeah, they all wish it could count as a single block to the rest of the world, just like the US.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#110  June 27, 2016, 01:36:15 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I wish we could all be citizen of one big nation called earth . =/

Nationalism, being proud about the region where you are born..racism..all that is so dumb and for me a part of the humans of yesterday. But sadly its still a part of probably 95% humans of today at least.

I see the Brexit as one small step backward.
#111  June 27, 2016, 10:55:26 am
Lol Brits politicians said they won't give money to NHS then what the fuck they voted for?
#112  June 27, 2016, 03:27:37 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
#113  June 27, 2016, 08:05:15 pm
well been reading the market today my country will benefit more that the uk is no longer eu especially in oil and tariff in import and exports guess thats good for us.
#114  June 27, 2016, 08:29:56 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, there's some people who will benefit with brexit, but in general it bogs down the rest of the economy and you have to wonder if it's worth improving only your life while making everything worse for the rest.
#115  June 27, 2016, 10:49:19 pm
well the world is round. im sure they understand and they cant stop what already been done idk what counter measure other countries have but they've got 2 years do it.
#116  June 27, 2016, 11:28:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
they can't , the other ocuntries are already under the image of the britain not wanting to be part of the EU so they want them gone asap. already have some acquaitances losing jobs and moving to canadia.
#117  June 29, 2016, 03:48:54 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
I wish we could all be citizen of one big nation called earth . =/

Nationalism, being proud about the region where you are born..racism..all that is so dumb and for me a part of the humans of yesterday. But sadly its still a part of probably 95% humans of today at least.

I see the Brexit as one small step backward.

Cultures are not equal, you may have been exposed to the better aspects of yours and have good altruistic values but those are not necesarily corresponding with those on the other side of the fence.

People have to be proud of the country they where born, not only validate of the blood, tears and sweat spilled by our forefathers but as a sign of gratefulness because people that were before you fought so that you today could have a easier and more free life. That gift comes also with the moral responsability to make the country they died for can achieve even more prosperity.

And no, don't think that only 5% think that the world today should be a gray mesh amalgamation of all cultures and ethnicities, that all geographical barriers should be takendown; most of the youths today are being taught this is 'diversity' and that nationalism is equivalent to racism and bigotry.
#118  June 29, 2016, 04:18:39 pm
    • Thailand
I mostly agree.

Unless all kids from different cultures are kidnapped at birth and placed into a safe space and selectively bred to look the same universally without any possibility of physical or psychological difference until every old dog dies, then there won't even begin to be any sense in trying to make one big world culture. Different cultures just don't get along. Different people just don't get along. You can hope and wish there was one big world culture, but the reality is that the current state and biology of human beings doesn't and won't allow such a thing. The most one can hope for is an extended period where most people are able to accept those cultures which are different without trying to impose personal wills upon those who dissent.

Being proud of a country's founders is different than being grateful. I don't believe one should take pride in something that is not an extension of their own blood and sweat. Respect the work of your forefathers, but do your own work to garner the same respect as your forefathers from those generations that come after you, then you may feel pride in what you've personally contributed.
#119  June 29, 2016, 05:11:32 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
I get what you say, even if not out of gratitude at least for self dignity; the people before us where no better human beings than we are, but they built the foundations of the society we live. We at least must carry the moral responsability to build a better social eviroment for our descendants.

But its heartbreaking that not only the young men and women of this generation, who are maturing very late or not reaching mental adulthood at all, not only are being ungrateful for their forefathers but also disrespectful of their elders...

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/eu-referendum-old-people-should-not-vote

...like they will never get to be old and have children themselves. :(
#120  June 30, 2016, 09:41:18 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Well, stock has bounced back up. Obviously when the world didn't instantly end it looked fine again. On the bonus side, a lot of financiers and hedge fund managers and stock brokers are all just that little bit richer right now. And the currency speculators are rolling in it. Hope they paid taxes on all of that.

Still don't know how this will turn out. Not overly happy that the people who gained off it are gits who always gain off others misfortune, bad luck, or bad choices.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.