Pokemon Go thread (Read 198270 times)

Started by Jango, August 01, 2016, 08:08:55 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokemon Go thread
#21  August 06, 2016, 07:59:23 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
I haven't been playing since the new update and cuz of work so I feel like I'm being left behind :( only level 22 and my strongest being. 1849 vaporeon. I'm on team instinct and started my own facebookgroup in my area when the game came out. Now we have almost 300 members :o

Game is fun btw I've prolly lost some weight, not to much tho lol but I have spent a lot of days outside just walking endlessly for hours and hours(I'm tan as fuck now).
#22  August 07, 2016, 01:48:30 pm
    • USA
Fuck Pokemon Go, if you never played Pokemon on game boy and beat the final 4 u just a band-wagoner
#23  August 07, 2016, 02:16:40 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Getting more people interested in Pokemon is a bad thing because...?
#24  August 07, 2016, 02:51:49 pm
    • USA
Getting more people interested in Pokemon is a bad thing because...?

im just stating my opinion and how i feel. people arent even playing the game as a new interset or to like pokemon. just trying to follow whats popular or trendy without even watching the anime.
#25  August 07, 2016, 02:54:28 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Being a gatekeeper is super important, you guys.  What are we supposed to do if somebody is enjoying something the wrong way?  They can't like something I like unless they do it the same way I do!
#26  August 07, 2016, 02:59:05 pm
    • USA
gatekeeper? no im no gatekeeper just a  guy who hates fake followers of a fandom......... but whatever, what can we do right?

:)
#27  August 07, 2016, 03:05:49 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Because everyone on Earth is a 90's kid who grew up with Red/Blue/Yellow

Come on now, really?

Bea

#28  August 07, 2016, 03:10:11 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
"Oh no! People might get to know and enjoy something I have been following for several years now. How terrible!".

Seriously, that is a very shitty line of thought. I guess you hate people who are enjoying super heroes films as well, then.
Just grow up.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#29  August 07, 2016, 03:11:11 pm
    • USA
Because everyone on Earth is a 90's kid who grew up with Red/Blue/Yellow

Come on now, really?

i know that for sure. just don't play the game if u bandwagon or u want to impress people.  Im just saying like what you like and you will make real friends along the way. in a non gate keeper way lol
#30  August 07, 2016, 03:14:19 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Who gives a shit if they've played R/B/Y, every game, started with X/Y, or just started getting into it?

Your mindset on this is horrendous.
#31  August 07, 2016, 03:17:26 pm
    • USA
gatekeeper? no im no gatekeeper just a  guy who hates fake followers of a fandom......... but whatever, what can we do right?

That is literally what being a gatekeeper means.  Looking down on people who are just starting to get into something that you've liked for a while, and accusing them of not being "true" fans because they didn't start at the same time as you.  Come on, dude.  Knock it off with that "no true scotsman" junk.  A lot of people are legitimately getting into Pokemon for the first time because of Pokemon Go, and that's perfectly okay.
#32  August 07, 2016, 03:20:10 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
@Orochi Gill: True dat yo. I know younger Pokemon fans who started Pokemon Go and were disappointed that the Sinnoh Pokemon aren't in there (since that was THEIR first Pokemon)

i know that for sure. just don't play the game if u bandwagon or u want to impress people.  Im just saying like what you like and you will make real friends along the way. in a non gate keeper way lol
I just want to point out that down here, the game has been great at getting people to socialize and befriend each other, hardcore Pokemon fans and casuals alike. Pokemon Go's innate socializing is helping people that wouldn't normally even notice each other not only help each other out, but forge friendships through them.
#33  August 07, 2016, 03:29:31 pm
    • USA

That is literally what being a gatekeeper means.  Looking down on people who are just starting to get into something that you've liked for a while, and accusing them of not being "true" fans because they didn't start at the same time as you.  Come on, dude.  Knock it off with that "no true scotsman" junk.  A lot of people are legitimately getting into Pokemon for the first time because of Pokemon Go, and that's perfectly okay.

dude new fans in anything is best, and just because they didnt start out the same as me? no that's not the problem bandwagon is. i admit to saying not being fond of gameboy/nintendo pokemon  isn't a way to get my point out. just  like pokemon go for the game not for how popular it is or to impress other people
#34  August 07, 2016, 03:30:55 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
"New fans are good but they didn't start from the beginning so they're bad"

What even is this

You're reminding me so much of this right now.
#35  August 07, 2016, 03:47:30 pm
    • USA
just because they didnt start out the same as me? no that's not the problem bandwagon is.

That is literally the exact same thing.

Tell me, do you have any actual proof that everyone playing Pokemon Go is only doing so to be popular and trendy?  Have you ever actually asked someone about this and were told, explicitly, "I do not care about Pokemon and am only playing because other people are?"  Or are you, as I suspect, just making judgmental assumptions about a large group of people based on the fact that they started enjoying something later than other people did?
#36  August 07, 2016, 03:58:32 pm
    • Vietnam
WAIFU GO

#37  August 07, 2016, 04:32:13 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
So the game was finally released here in my country and nobody told me. The jerks!

But anyway the only Pokestops in my town are the church and the nearby chapel. How disappointing. Looks like I'll have to depend on the city where I work. The busiest city in the province so it should have loads of them.
#38  August 07, 2016, 04:55:45 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
It hasn't been officially released in my country, but people have been playing it for weeks. I figured the craze was worldwide at this point.
#39  August 07, 2016, 05:13:29 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA

So a gym about 6 blocks away, my town's water tower (why is this a gym) was taken from something with >1000 CP by well, this.
#40  August 07, 2016, 05:24:46 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
They just left that magikarp after they took it. It is so other valor members can come by and easily beat the gym to level it up

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!