YesNoOk

Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded Roster (Read 135730 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 14, 2016, 10:10:26 pm
Share this topic:
Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded Roster
#1  January 14, 2016, 10:10:26 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
As of right now we have 24 playable characters planned for the game. This includes characters from both the official fighters, as well as characters that have yet to make an appearance in any of the official fighters. This list is subject to change at any time.

Returning Characters (from IaMP/SWR/Soku):
Alice Margatroid
Cirno
Hong Meiling
Komachi Onozuka
Marisa Kirisame
Patchouli Knowledge
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Remilia Scarlet
Sakuya Izayoi
Sanae Kochiya
Suika Ibuki
Reimu Hakurei
Utsuho Reiuji
Youmu Konpaku
Yukari Yakumo
Yuyuko Saigyouji

Returning Characters (from HM/ULiL):
Byakuren Hijiri
Fujiwara no Mokou
Ichirin Kumoi
Koishi Komeiji
Mamizou Futatsuiwa

Newcomers (not from IaMP/SWR/Soku/HM/ULiL):
Chen
Eirin Yagokoro
Flandre Scarlet
Kanako Yasaka
Koakuma
Lie Meiling
Meimu
Mima
Yuuka Kazami

NPC Boss Characters:
Meimu (Arcade mode final boss)

Suggestions for roster additions are welcome subject to the following criteria:
  • Must have a decent amount of sprites and be in Tasofro-ish style (specifically IaMP/SWR/Soku)
  • Must have an existing, workable set of sprites
  • No edits, palette swaps, or third party characters (rare exceptions will be made from time to time and will be kept at a minimum)
Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:53:08 pm by Ricepigeon
Re: THRP:GR Roster (Ichirin & CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN announced)
#2  April 27, 2016, 08:03:36 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Updated first post with planned roster so far
#3  April 30, 2016, 10:11:23 am
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
You could add to Lyrica Prismriver?
#4  May 09, 2016, 06:14:56 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Not enough sprites for Lyrica I'm afraid. That and Minoo's touhou sprites are a pain to work with (as I experienced with Hina and Yuugi)
#5  May 09, 2016, 09:10:56 pm
    • Spain
You could add to Cirno?
#6  May 10, 2016, 10:49:03 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Hi yes please consider Momiji.
I don't know anything about Yorihime so I'm curious as to what makes her a boss character.
#7  May 10, 2016, 10:57:17 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Momiji and Cirno are definite possibilities.

@ArtistofLegacy: She essentially has the ability to invoke the power of the lunarian gods and channel it through her body, where she was capable of single-handedly defeating Reimu, Marisa, Remilia, and Sakuya all at once. She's canonically the most powerful character in the series according to Zun, to the point where he says he would never include her in any of the games for that very reason. If anyone deserves to be a boss character in THRP, it's her.
#8  May 25, 2016, 09:04:47 pm
    • Spain
You could add to Hata no Kokoro?
#9  June 24, 2016, 08:17:31 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Went ahead and trimmed the roster a bit to only include characters that are in the game so far plus the three characters already planned (Sanae, Cirno, and Reisen).

As far as possible new additions to the roster, we're currently looking at the following;

Miko Hakurei
Reimu's noncanon predecessor. She'll be a completely defensive turtling/technical character, waiting for openings in the opponent and punish them accordingly with an array of counters and hard hitting melee attacks.

Mima
Everyone's favorite PC98 character forgotten after 10 main series games. She'll mostly focus on zoning and aerial combat with a flight mechanic to aid her in this endeavor.

Aya Shameimaru
Gensokyo's own news reporter. The third charge character of the roster, Aya's speedy maneuverability will keep opponents at bay.

Youmu Konpaku
The half-ghost gardener and last of the main protagonists to be added to the THRP roster. A speedy melee rushdown character with no projectiles, but dangerous when up close.
#10  June 24, 2016, 09:12:34 pm
    • Spain
Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:45:11 pm by IkuTronHD
#11  June 24, 2016, 10:43:09 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
 Youmu Konpaku got my vote.
#12  June 25, 2016, 02:32:18 am
  • An I.K.E.M.E.N guy
  • Yo
    • USA
I got to vote for Keemsta-... I mean Aya...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#13  June 25, 2016, 02:33:29 am
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
You know who I voted ;).
#14  June 25, 2016, 07:09:53 am
  • Total Annihilation
    • UK
So I see you've decided to hold a referendum and given the people a democratic vote on the issue; well, let's just say that I have discounted Aya and Miko, which just so happens to leave me two choices, so who do I pick out of those who remain?

But in all seriousness, I'm really divided over which of these two to pick, as both Youmu and Mima have highly interesting gameplay; Mima's flight mechanic would be unique amongst the THRP roster, but at the same time, THRP doesn't have an 'anime' swordfighter yet (the opposite problem to a certain other fighting game).

In the end though, I have to cast my vote for Mima, because as much as it would be nice to see Youmu, Mima is probably going to be the last of your older characters to see the light of day any time soon, so it would seem logical to get her converted over first rather than starting on something new, heck, ZUN might announce Mima's return to Touhou canon if she wins this poll (and what a well-timed coincidence that would be).

In the end, it ended up being 52% Mima and 48% Youmu for me, so I would still be happy to see Youmu win; let's just hope that, whatever the outcome of the vote, nobody will resign afterwards.
Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:14:13 am by DoomBowser
#15  July 10, 2016, 01:30:58 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So going to toss in 2 (3) more to the potential candidates for the roster. While looking for possible reps for the more recent Touhou games (namely Ten Desires, Double Dealing Character, and Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom), I figured these might fill in for the absense of characters like Miko and Shinmyoumaru (and Clownpiece for the Ameriboos);

Kagerou Imaizumi
The "lonesome werewolf" from Double Dealing Character. She'll be taking lots of influence from Talbain/Gallon for reasons that should be pretty obvious.

Seiga Kaku (& Yoshika Miyako)
The wicked hermit and her zombie "slave" from Ten Desires. The idea from this actually derives from a Ran & Chen character I was working on a while back, which would focus on a kind of "Master-Slave" type character similar to Carl Clover from Blazblue or even Rosalina & Luma. I always wanted to give it another shot, but felt that these two would be more fitting than Ran & Chen.
#16  July 10, 2016, 10:37:21 am
    • Spain
#17  August 29, 2016, 06:08:26 pm
    • Spain
Would it be a good idea to implement Suwako Moriya on the list?
#18  September 12, 2016, 04:59:38 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Not at this time.

While I haven't based this strictly on the poll that was posted earlier, Youmu will be the next character in line to join THRP's roster.

As a bonus, this may be unprecidented, but we have a second newcomer as well, someone that people have been asking me about ever since Flandre was added;

So yeah, Youmu and Remilia will be joining in the near future.
#19  October 10, 2016, 05:34:48 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So now that the vampire, gardener, and werewolf have been confirmed, I think it's time to review the remaining options we have, including a few new faces.

Miko Hakurei
Reimu's noncanon predecessor. She'll be a completely defensive turtling/technical character, waiting for openings in the opponent and punish them accordingly with an array of counters and hard hitting melee attacks.

Mima
Everyone's favorite PC98 character forgotten after 10 main series games. She'll mostly focus on zoning and aerial combat with a flight mechanic to aid her in this endeavor.

Aya Shameimaru
Gensokyo's own news reporter. The third charge character of the roster, Aya's speedy maneuverability will keep opponents at bay.

Seiga Kaku (& Yoshika Miyako)
The wicked hermit and her zombie "slave" from Ten Desires. The idea from this actually derives from a Ran & Chen character I was working on a while back, which would focus on a kind of "Master-Slave" type character similar to Carl Clover from Blazblue or even Rosalina & Luma. I always wanted to give it another shot, but felt that these two would be more fitting than Ran & Chen.

Suika Ibuki
The drunk oni who made her debut as the final boss of Immaterial & Missing Power. While Yuuka may embody the slow bulky grappler archtype, Suika is a bit on the brawler side, with her own arsenal of command grabs at her disposal. Of course, who can forget about her trademark Missing Purple Power spellcard?

In Hisoutensoku, Suwako got to see some action. In THRP, Kanako gets that liberty, leaving poor froggy in the dust. Suwako's return would complete the Moriya trio, along with her awkward movement, pressure game, and strange ability to stand while crouching and crouch while standing, if that even makes sense. She's a wierd one for a goddess isn't she? Will Soku's bottom tier character get to shine for once?

Ichirin Kumoi (& Unzan)
The stylish girl and her JoJo stand nyuudou partner arrive on the scene. Like in HM and ULiL, the two will essentially be a heavy hitting brawler archtype. While Ichirin did have a sort of rage mechanic in HM, this was lost in ULiL. This time around, she'll have a much more fitting unique mechanic involving Unzan, one that might even elevate her to the level of a true "Stardust Crusader".
Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:48:52 pm by Ricepigeon
#20  October 10, 2016, 05:53:55 pm
who was the other mysterious character?