YesNoOk

New System!... and also Ryu (Read 25634 times)

Started by vyn, September 19, 2016, 03:43:05 am
Share this topic:

vyn

New System!... and also Ryu
#1  September 19, 2016, 03:43:05 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Not much to say about the caracter other than he is pretty much a 1 day edit of my latest Evil Ryu.

Now on to the topic at hand: A new system! :).

Wall of text incoming. I hope i get some good discussion here.

After playing more recent games for the last few years i started to get bored of some system mechanics ive been using so im making a new one with stuff from MVC3, SFV, SFIV and KOFXIII.

Here is some of the stuff ive already started working on, still ways to go but more than enough for a topic, of course its all in boring old ryu right now but who better than him to tackle a new system.

Now many of these depend on a second power bar based on sfv V-Gauge and sfiv Ultra Bar (it fills up with the usage of v-skills and taking damage) but since ive not coded that yet, for now everything draws on the regular powerbar.

- V-Skill. mp + mk each character will have a different one but i will focus on movement/tech stuff, not actual attacks. Charges V-gauge. For ryu its parry. Can even parry multihit ultras but its pretty tough. Akuma for example could be asura senkuu.

- V-trigger. SP + SK, required v gauge, will be different depending on the character but i plan to focus on functional attacks with low damage but good for creating oportunities, ryu for example uses denjin hadouken allowing him to get in from a distance while the fireball does its job. Can be cancelled into from normal or special attacks.

- V - Reversal aka Zero counter. Pretty much an attack that can be used while guarding to get out of guard block or pressure game. Requires V-Gauge to be used. Cannot kill.

- MVC style launcher. Pretty much that, now this doesnt mean characters can use cross combos while in the air, but I will add some air target combos to give this feature meaning.

- lp+lk throw. SFV style.

- Quick recovery. Well that. 2 punches or 2 kicks.

- Counter attacks: when you hit an enemy while they are attacking, will increase damage and creat a long ass window to use combos, kinda like sfv.

- EX/SUPER attacks. Require one full super bar to be used. This is a mix of MVC and SFV. They use mvc/ex move commands. Have super-like animations, very short superpauses, can be cancelled from normals or specials, can be cancelled into each other and the damage will be somewhere between a super move and an ex move. I will include air supers like in MVC. Should i make the ffects yellow? kinda like ex moves? What color would ultras be then? multicolor?. Exciting :).

- Ultras: SFIV styled, require full v-gauge to use or sfv style full 3 power bars. Can be cancelled into sfv style.

- Effects: CVS, SFV/IV, KOFXIII. Nothing i show now is final but its a good idea.

- Cancelling: NORMAL-SPECIAL-SUPER or NORMAL-SUPER/ULTRA

This system focuses less on attack moves and more on utility moves, also by combining supers and ex moves into one i have to come up with less versions of the same bloddy move. So each move should have more love now.

Coming up with and using utility moves sounds much more fun IMO, there are so many ways you can start an attack and from there on its just flashy swag. Dont get me wrong i still love flashy swag but honestly my last character had just way too many moves with command moves, specials, ex specials, lvl1,2 and 3 supers... it took so long to finish him because of me losing motivation mostly. Hopefully that wont happen for a while now.

Cya.
Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:52:30 am by vyn
Re: New System!... and also Ryu
#2  September 19, 2016, 04:30:51 am
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
WOW WOW SOO cool.. really can't...wait see this one.. GO RYU
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#3  September 19, 2016, 05:43:07 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I like the effects, really are cool. Maybe have some other type of colors, like light blue, melon green, and a calm yellow. The system sounds pretty good, will be watching the outcome of this one. Good luck Vyn.
#4  September 19, 2016, 01:09:55 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Melon green would be cool for level 3 hypers.

Im interested in this Ryu.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#5  September 19, 2016, 01:26:47 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Sounds pretty nice. But I wanna know: are you gonna adapt your previous chars to this system. Or, better question: are you gonna adapt al your chars to one any of your systems? I wanna see your Violent Ken and Kim remade into system Terry, Rock and Rugal got.
Well, waiting to test it out.
#6  September 20, 2016, 01:27:36 pm
Interesting, looking forward to how you will be doing it, especially with the sfv's system  :bjugoi:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!

vyn

#7  September 21, 2016, 06:00:07 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I like the effects, really are cool. Maybe have some other type of colors, like light blue, melon green, and a calm yellow. The system sounds pretty good, will be watching the outcome of this one. Good luck Vyn.

yes i will mess around with more colors, truth is blue, light blue, aqua and similar all end up looking blue :/

Sounds pretty nice. But I wanna know: are you gonna adapt your previous chars to this system. Or, better question: are you gonna adapt al your chars to one any of your systems? I wanna see your Violent Ken and Kim remade into system Terry, Rock and Rugal got.
Well, waiting to test it out.

i MIGHT adapt one of my old characters to this new system but i will not go back to terry/rugal system, that is precisely the mechanics im bored of.

Firstly though i will go for a new character, i really want to make a Nash with sfv stuff but damn his sprites are so limited right now.

Interesting, looking forward to how you will be doing it, especially with the sfv's system  :bjugoi:

that sfv stuff is damn hard coding is getting tough lol, im not a good coder really but i will find the way.

Havent made much progress cuz work is a bitch  but i made a quick video (ignore e.ryu voice and some damage values seem too high but i will balance after the full system is finished):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:10:48 am by vyn
#8  September 21, 2016, 07:08:42 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Wow, so many cool combo possibilities, I understand about the color system. Maybe you could mix the vibrant colors, with that black and red scheme from your e.Ryu. Just food for thought, please keep us posted with more content.
#9  September 21, 2016, 11:36:24 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!

sw

#10  September 24, 2016, 05:30:39 am
    • China
It's so cool, the new system will be portable to other characters? Looking forward to complete.
#11  September 24, 2016, 05:38:21 am
    • USA
Could you really call this a "new" system? What exactly do you plan to do besides different button commands?

GT

#12  September 24, 2016, 06:19:40 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Yes, he can. He's adding mechanics that he hasn't used in his characters before.  It's a new system for this Ryu and perhaps his future characters.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#13  September 24, 2016, 06:26:10 am
    • USA
Ah, I was just confused as it says & Ryu. If it's for his characters it makes sense.

vyn

#14  September 24, 2016, 10:46:58 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Wow, so many cool combo possibilities, I understand about the color system. Maybe you could mix the vibrant colors, with that black and red scheme from your e.Ryu. Just food for thought, please keep us posted with more content.

hell yes i will

It's so cool, the new system will be portable to other characters? Looking forward to complete.

sure it will

Could you really call this a "new" system? What exactly do you plan to do besides different button commands?

for ryu it does seem like just a command change doesnt it? give me time, i got good plans

now on to progress

I finished the coding of the V-Gauge (and im pretty damn proud of how well it works). Pretty much the same as SFV, it increases by taking damage or using vskill, and decreases when using v-trigger and is reset each round.

Now, where to put the damn thing, right now it is stuck to ryus feet and it dissapears during super abilities. Its not at the bottom left of the screen as special bars usually do because its pretty common for lifebar creators tu put the power gauge there. I kinda like how it is, thoughts?.

the bar itself is temporary, ill make something nicer later.
Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:01:49 pm by vyn
#15  September 24, 2016, 11:18:30 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I like how this is turning out Vyn, maybe have the meter hang around until done. You know like pots, little ex meter or what have ya and it disappear after timers gone. Hope that makes any sense my friend, good luck buddy.

vyn

#16  September 25, 2016, 03:54:00 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
i think i got it

Blinks when past half full.

V-Gauge is always full in training mode btw, if thats important to anyone besides me.
Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:00:04 am by vyn
#17  September 25, 2016, 04:37:08 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
This is splendid indeed, so no clock on it. Will there be any ex versions, to any of the supers.

vyn

#18  September 25, 2016, 05:48:27 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
#19  September 25, 2016, 06:18:46 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Neat, wondering what will you cook up. Also, just a little off topic; who or what will be your next fighter. Just wondering if you are going to build this with a new set of fighters or with your present roster.
#20  September 25, 2016, 11:28:49 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Awesome. This Ryu is going to be perfect *_*!!

Also...new system? Have you something in the works, Vyn?
I swear there was something cool here!!