YesNoOk

Five Nights at Freddy's (Read 399104 times)

Started by Sleepy Eskimo, August 16, 2014, 05:51:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
#501  September 01, 2016, 05:29:11 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA

Release date revealed
#502  October 06, 2016, 05:39:24 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Scott Cawthon on the Sister Location Steam page said:
Hey guys, I wanted to let everyone know what I’ve decided. And just as a warning- a lot of you aren’t going to be happy about it, but please try to understand.

Ever since I started making games I always wanted to be a world builder. I never wanted to make gimmicky games or things that didn’t mean something. I wanted to create experiences that would really have an impact on people. I feel like I got to do that with the first few games, but somehow I feel like I let myself get too dark with this one. Things went sideways, and I look at this game now and am unsure how it will affect people.

At the same time though, people WANT a horror game, and I get that. I understand that. This is supposed to be horror, and not kid friendly. So then what am I supposed to do? Release something that offends me just to satisfy those who want to play it? Or take the time and effort to really craft something that everyone can enjoy? The answer is obvious to me.

The problem is that the franchise has grown too much. There is too much of a spotlight on this for me to really do what I want to do. Even the news sites jumped all over this and mocked me for delaying the game. It just makes things difficult, because I don’t feel like I can really do the right thing anymore.

But I think I have the solution. (this is the part most of you won’t like)
I’m going to release the “mature” version of the game by itself, in sections, not as a part of the timeline, not as a part of the lore, and not as a part of the story, but just because I promised that I would. I promised a game, and don’t want to be one of those developers who endlessly delays their game’s release. However, I would recommend that real fans of the games, and real followers of the lore, wait a few months until I’m able to really make something that everyone can enjoy, and something that can still be scary!
I’m going to release the game in chapters, however, not the whole game at once, since it puts strain on the servers over at GameJolt.

So... Scott is delaying the game because he wants it to be more "kid-friendly." 

His horror game.

About serial murders and vengeful spirits and possessed animatronics stuffed with the rotting corpses of children.
#503  October 06, 2016, 05:56:00 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Uhh, I have no words for this... Bad because my nieces and nephews play FNAF, I have no idea on how is this good for others.
#504  October 06, 2016, 06:11:17 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
oh god, does this mean he's gonna have animatronic orgies???

I understand his viewpoint though. I'm interpreting it as that he made a game that's more edgy than it is scary, which might have cheap shock value for some audiences (ie: Youtube LPers), but not actually be "scary" in the sense of leaving an impact on the player.

Like, for a horror movie example, think of, say, Zack Snyder's reboot of Dawn of the Dead with Carnival of Souls. Now Dawn is plenty shocking and disturbing, it's repulsive but ultimately forgettable. When you watch Carnival, all the terror comes from a pale white dude in a black suit that seems to be stalking the heroine, and the tension building up every time he shows up. I'd have to watch Dawn again to remember the scenes, but Carnival's scenes just stick with you long after the movie is over.

So I think that's what he's trying to say: He made a game that's mostly shock, but he wants to create something that's actually memorable. Kinda late to jump on that horse, but if that's what he wants, more power to him.
#505  October 06, 2016, 06:41:45 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I think he's fucking with everybody, since it's Scott.
#506  October 06, 2016, 06:55:33 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I second the above. After all, he trolled everyone before, why not now?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#507  October 06, 2016, 08:04:45 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
EDIT: (As most of you have figured out, the game's not delayed, see you Friday) ;)

YUP
#508  October 06, 2016, 12:41:13 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
See? What did we tell you?

Anyway, prepare the popcorn. I want to see how does the Youtube LP'ers handle this. Are they going to cry like before?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#509  October 06, 2016, 01:15:25 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
Hahaha, I knew that was a joke by its creator!
Tomorrow I will watch youtube videos(Personally I never play this game) and I hope this FNAF will have more responses about some theories by the fans and other things without explanations. :sugoi:
#510  October 09, 2016, 04:47:03 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
So it has been about 2 days ever since the game has been released, but no discussion here.

What's wrong?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#511  October 10, 2016, 08:47:58 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
Just wondering if baby and ennard are the same person
I need more PSN friends
#512  October 10, 2016, 09:26:24 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Well Ennard is
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#513  October 10, 2016, 09:34:15 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
ah ok
I need more PSN friends
#514  October 11, 2016, 12:29:02 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Can't speak for everyone, but for me personally, I'm not exactly excited to play more of the same. HAVING SAID THAT, it looks like each night plays differently so maybe in the future???
#515  October 11, 2016, 02:26:02 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Having watched Markiplier play Sister Location, it is most certainly not more of the same sitting around watching cameras and closing doors/managing things, etc. It actually seemed pretty cool.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#516  December 05, 2017, 11:30:33 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#517  December 08, 2017, 12:09:23 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Scott made Five Nights at Freddy's 6 in secret and released it for free.

It's dressed up as a Tycoon-style spinoff where you build and run your own Fazbear's Pizzeria franchise restaurant.

I tried the new game out.  Pretty cool I'd say

#518  December 08, 2017, 12:27:18 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Scott made Five Nights at Freddy's 6 in secret and released it for free.

It's dressed up as a Tycoon-style spinoff where you build and run your own Fazbear's Pizzeria franchise restaurant.

I tried the new game out.  Pretty cool I'd say

Yeah, there's a lot of meat in this game if you don't pay attention...
#519  December 08, 2017, 08:42:31 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
What I've seen, only screenshots and title cards, is that this is the final game.  Though, I'm not entirely sure.  Gotta play it myself.
#520  December 08, 2017, 08:53:43 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
What I've seen, only screenshots and title cards, is that this is the final game.  Though, I'm not entirely sure.  Gotta play it myself.

You should man, it's a really good entry to the series, it's a treat for fans that really want to get more lore from Scott.