[WIP] Diary - Feb 6 (Read 728049 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 30, 2011, 09:14:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs: Reisen U. Inaba [Palette Template inside]
#301  September 17, 2016, 05:45:08 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

Optic Blast Illusionary Blast. This one can only be used on the ground, and slower startup than Mind Explosion, but is safe on block. Can also beat out most other projectiles as well.

ExL

#302  September 17, 2016, 11:48:31 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Cyclops would be proud of that
I liked her ripple projectiles a lot, especially charging them in air, they aren't in your rendition are they?
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#303  September 22, 2016, 01:25:40 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Spell-breaking Drug. Loosely based off of the system card of the same name from Hisoutensoku, except now it's a mid-ranged projectile instead of a melee attack. For those not familiar with the card's original effect, it would essentially deal low damage but destroys the top card of your opponent's hand on hit, but consumed the card in the process. This time around it depletes 1000 power on hit, but Reisen only carries a limited stock and can only use the drug as long as she has stock to spare. She'll start off each round with at least one drug, which carries over between rounds. She'll gain more when she reaches 55% and 10% of her maximum health, and can hold up to three at once. The power reduction can be avoided completely if the opponent blocks it, so use them sparingly
#304  September 22, 2016, 03:39:41 am
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA

Spell-breaking Drug. Loosely based off of the system card of the same name from Hisoutensoku, except now it's a mid-ranged projectile instead of a melee attack. For those not familiar with the card's original effect, it would essentially deal low damage but destroys the top card of your opponent's hand on hit, but consumed the card in the process. This time around it depletes 1000 power on hit, but Reisen only carries a limited stock and can only use the drug as long as she has stock to spare. She'll start off each round with at least one drug, which carries over between rounds. She'll gain more when she reaches 55% and 10% of her maximum health, and can hold up to three at once. The power reduction can be avoided completely if the opponent blocks it, so use them sparingly

Interesting...
My hat is a pancake.
#305  September 22, 2016, 05:39:15 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Shortsight "X-Wave". At first glance it seems to be a super version of Undersense Break. Though lacking in damage, it makes up for this in its utility, as not only does it possesses true startup invincibility instead of only on the upper body, but on hit or block it causes also Reisen to be surrounded by an illusory clone for 8 seconds, as if the opponent were inside her Ultraviolet Field.
#306  September 25, 2016, 11:47:01 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Hyper Mystic Ray Red Eyes "Lunacy Ray". Loosely based off of her "Lunatic Blast" spellcard from Soku, except in a sweeping motion that hits OTG. Who knows, she might even be able to hit a certain extradimensional warlord tentacle monster with this...
#307  September 28, 2016, 06:22:04 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

"Lunatic Red Eyes", Reisen's signature move and the first of her two selectable Last Words. Although it may look like it, this move isn't truly a fullscreen attack. It's also Reisen's only air-usable spellcard.
#308  October 02, 2016, 04:58:50 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Tele-Mesmerism. Reisen's Last Word from Imperishable Night. Tracks the opponent's position. The strike can also be delayed by holding the button, causing the tracers to condense. Charging the super causes the final laser to deal additional hits, and can be charged up to one second after the tracers first appear. When fully charged, it allows Reisen to regain control before the laser disappears, so it's good for okizeme.
#309  October 04, 2016, 03:42:47 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So there's been an unexpected change in plans:

->

Up until now, Reisen has been using her SWR sprites with color separation to allow for additional palettes such as her Imperishable Night colors. However, Reddosukato's edited sprites incorporates her IN blazer much more effectively than any color separation palette tricks can, so she'll be transitioning to those. These sprites also have the added bonus of already having most of the color separation done aside from her socks, so the current template should still be suitable. However, I will be uploading a new palette template later to fully accomodate for the new sprites.
#310  October 04, 2016, 04:00:55 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
The lines on the skirt looks a little bit weird though.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#311  October 04, 2016, 04:16:57 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
The lines on the skirt looks a little bit weird though.

Her original outfit had a pleated skirt, whereas her outfit in SWR and LoLK didn't, which is what I think the sprite artist was trying to go for
#312  October 04, 2016, 04:19:07 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Well yeah, but it kinda just looks like her regular skirt with lines down it, rather than a pleated one.

#313  October 04, 2016, 04:35:28 pm
    • USA
Well yeah, but it kinda just looks like her regular skirt with lines down it, rather than a pleated one.

I think I see what you mean. There should be more shading where those lines are. To give a better sense of depth.

Right now, it's just dark lines over the original skirt shading. But technically... the whole thing would need to be re-shaded to make it more natural looking.

Though that might end up being more trouble then it's worth....
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs: Reisen U. Inaba [Palette Template v.2 inside]
#314  October 06, 2016, 05:55:23 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Updated palette template to accommodate for Reisen's new sprites. Fortunately the palettes made for the old template can easily be ported over so there shouldn't be a need to redo them. Also includes Reisen's bunny tail which I wasn't aware was in her old sprites.

The original three palettes for her Imperishable Night, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, and Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom colors, respectively.
Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:05:28 am by Ricepigeon
#315  October 06, 2016, 04:45:22 pm
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo

1.Valentine (Skullgirls)
2.Parasoul (Skullgirls)
3.Remilia Scarlet
4.Yuuka Kazami
5.Cirno
6.Lie Meiling
7.Patchouli Knowledge
8.Iku Nagae
9.Koishi Komeji
10.Original 01
#316  October 06, 2016, 05:17:58 pm
    • USA
So... I made a palette for her.

I based her on Kaguya from Okami. Also.... I know you might not be accepting palettes for these characters. But I figured I'd show them too while I was at it.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#317  October 06, 2016, 05:39:55 pm
I cannot wait for reisen's release
#318  October 06, 2016, 06:24:58 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Updates to my previous two submissions, Yori and Toyo:

And D.Va:

Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:04:41 pm by GarchompMatt
#319  October 06, 2016, 07:21:18 pm
    • USA
Okay, so I decided to make another palette....

I based this one off of the Nintendo Badge Arcade's mascot, the Arcade Badge Bunny.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#320  October 06, 2016, 09:30:33 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
And two more...

Dat bunny hat girl what pilots a mech in some fighting game

PoFV alt