YesNoOk

Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta (Read 176006 times)

Started by NDSilva, August 30, 2016, 02:30:52 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum (MMFTW!)
#21  September 10, 2016, 05:36:28 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
A gets my vote
Since my vote goes also to A, A it will be!

@Enscripture:
lol man, I just found your rips on the forum some few days ago! ;P Before it I actually recorded some samples from Battle & Chase - though you got clips that I didn't heard in the game as of now. You know what the "Kore De Sekai Ga Washi No Monoja" is all about (I think he says around the same line in Battle & Chase by the way)? It would be really cool to know at least what is said in the B&C clips.

As much as those voice clips are very helpful and japanese Wily has a interesting voice tone, now I don't know about dropping the current english lines from MM8 - they are also very iconic by themself, and maybe could blend with the edited Powered Up dialogues that I was thinking to add for some special intros. We'll see...

New video preview:

This time showing the current hit/guard system and winposes. I also took the opportunity to test the japanese Rockman 8 voice clips provided by Enscripture.

About guard feature
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also like the video above shows, here's my first attempt at spriting a new winpose for Dr. Wily

The iconic evil stance present in many artworks. 8)

The main elements left at this point are related to AI and miscelaneous stuff (at least one more winpose, intro, and a final K.O. also requires to be sprited).

Also more important news, because Laspacho notified me that Daeron made the Dr. Wily spriteset originaly for the MM: Robot Master Mayhem project, it's relevant to announce that this work will also gain a adaptation for the fullgame! Stay tuned for more progress :c00l:

Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:51:18 am by N. The Silver
#22  September 10, 2016, 06:09:00 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#23  September 10, 2016, 06:41:45 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Don't worry, the classic begging defeat is planned for the Round 2/Final K.O. He needs more sprites to fully accomplish this animation however (I also would like to make something based on the MM7 intro that is on this spritesheet!)

ExL

#24  September 10, 2016, 11:12:25 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Also like the video above shows, here's my first attempt at spriting a new winpose for Dr. Wily

The iconic evil stance present in many artworks. 8)
That's great! Indeed iconic stance and well done :evilgrin:
Also glad that you allowed to use him in RMM(after O Ilu will unify it with rest of characters of course). Was really excited when Daeron posted sprites at IMT and you making that reality! RMM suffering from coders shortage and you are helping project greatly this way, thanks a lot :lugoi2:
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#25  September 10, 2016, 06:23:26 pm
The stage would gain some adaptation for this complement as well, wouldn't it? Saying just because the main gate is closed at the start of the round.

I can definitely make an edit of the stage, maybe even make the gate on the skull fortress open up and have him fly out of there.  Let me know how you'd like to do it!
#26  September 10, 2016, 06:55:15 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Suggestion: You can put three voice sets for Wily.

One with the english soundpack, another with the japanese one, and one with the brazilian voice[WHO FITS HIS CRAZY BEHAVIOR A LOT :D]

And a suggesting a special intro against Zero[By Ramzaneko and Mr Karate JKA]
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#27  September 11, 2016, 04:19:48 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@ExL:
Yup, I talked to Laspacho about the project requirements, and he also helped with sound resources and showed the original voice actor for the project! Things are already being planned for the RMM fullgame. :thumbsup:

@davismaximus:
This sounds like a plan. The skull fortress quickly opening up seems like a neat idea! All in all it's open to you, you can also make an alternate .def to attach it with Wily in arcade mode, and I gotta set all details in a stylish boss intro.

@ShinZankuro:
Lol, I remember Wily has a badass voice in the brazilian dubbing :sugoi:  But it would be a tough work to find all resources from the animated series, wouldn't it? I think I really need to search the complete show.

A config file seems the most reasonable way to implement both english and japanese voice sets, thinking about it. And yea, a special intro with Zero is something really considerable!
#28  September 11, 2016, 09:10:51 am
A gets my vote
My vote goes also to A, so A it will be!

@Enscripture:
lol man, I just found your rips on the forum some few days ago! ;P Before it I actually recorded some samples from Battle & Chase - though you got clips that I didn't heard in the game as of now. You know what the "Kore De Sekai Ga Washi No Monoja" is all about (I think he says around the same line in Battle & Chase by the way)?

He's saying "Now the World is mine!"
#29  September 24, 2016, 05:43:07 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
I suggest you to animate the Round 1 KO pose to make him look panicking or picking a wrench to fix his Skull Mobile :)

because freezing in place bothers me :/
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum
#30  October 19, 2016, 04:12:33 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Well, the current liedown state is straight based on MM2: The Power Fighters (though he stands in ground for like 1 second here). But I see your point, I could considerate some more animation for the 1st round KO - this wouldn't be priority though, for now there are other crucial animations on the goal.

He's saying "Now the World is mine!"
LOL, MM8 had some faithful translation I see ;P

Sorry for the lack of news, I was waiting for more substancial updates. But all in all, back to work: Progress prevails!

• Added a Config file mainly for sound options. For now it only changes his samples from Rockman 8/Mega Man 8, but this part shall be extended upon.
• A.I is added! :kugoi: Now he has some tough gimmicks against the player based on both position on-screen. But once finding out the moves that open spot for a counter attack, you can beat him in an uncomplicated way.

• Started working on the final K.O animation, as this is one of the main pieces left gameplay-wise

After finishing the sound/animation stuff all that's left is re-indexing the palette and the initial build is ready to go.

And about Central Museum stage, well... there wasn't much progress actually... But the project is still on, gotta find atleast a cool underwater animation and revamp the floor sprites.
#31  October 19, 2016, 09:09:22 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good stuff, looking forward to a video. On those underwater animations, exactly what are you looking for.
#32  October 24, 2016, 01:25:35 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
No specific motif, but something that approaches to the original color scheme of the stage
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Most animated gifs from Google have wide gaps in in the animation loop, or represent a too narrow space to stretch them in the hall (the required res. for the bg is 1600x900).

In fact I found some separate pics that could work with image editing, but I have to remember how to search them again lol
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily Beta Released
#33  April 14, 2017, 02:37:29 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Well, almost half a year... Sorry for taking this long to bring a actual update. :uhoh:

But I need to say that progress still goes on for Wily. The missing animations yet have to be made, but the other main aspects certainly were already covered at the most part. Since the last video some slightly changes were made to gameplay, most being small tweaks or related to the Config.txt. I also got some fresh sound clips for both Japanese and English voiceset, each having it's own points;

A.I. preview:

Well, because of the last hiatus, and with the main gaps apparently covered, I think it's fair to launch a public beta for Dr. Wily :)
You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pztgtunwi25f2d4/Wily_Beta.zip

Take a look at the Config file. In addition to choose between Jap/Eng lines, you can also change the number of hits he get before the invulnerability frames, disable guard, and activate a MvC inspired launcher.

What's left:
  • Finish some animations
  • Add new intros and outros
  • Remake the palette index and add new palettes
  • Tweak some stuff that will pop up

Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:15:16 am by N. The Silver
#34  April 14, 2017, 05:41:49 pm
Very cool...just wish he would move a little faster and connect combos easier
#35  April 14, 2017, 09:19:56 pm
Good to see some progress on the good Doctor, he's definitely fun to play with.  Unless I completely missed it, will he be getting a throw?
#36  April 14, 2017, 09:41:50 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Apparently not a regular throw. I often thought of adding some sort of command grab special or hyper, and there's a animation left that would suit in this concept. Gotta try some effects and see how it turns out.
#37  April 17, 2017, 04:20:18 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Wow, nice update!  Downloading him now!

I swear I almost bumped this thread a week ago to request a status update :)

#38  May 17, 2017, 08:58:54 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hopefully I got this animation right... :ninja:

This is planned to be his command grab/throw special. You can also set the Evil Energy field a little further, at the cost of having more vulnerability as it fades out faster.

Still cooking up what happens after a succeful hit.
#39  June 02, 2017, 02:07:50 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Time to show the Skull Grab!

As about progress, the video also shows some slight details, like the dash canceling ability and other graphical updates.
Just need to accomplish the color separation - already got over phase 1 - and I can start working on the RMM Edition as well.

Speaking of color separation... :uhoh2:

Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:13:01 am by N. The Silver
#40  June 02, 2017, 05:50:20 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
If you're running out of colors, you can just use RemapPal to change the pal of an effect to coordinate with player's palette.  Would need that controller in Round Initialize state and Intro states.  Value = xxx+PalNo   I use this with Jailbot to sync effects that have 255 colors