YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 823774 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#1  November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:27:34 pm by Erroratu
Re: The Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Thread
#2  November 01, 2016, 11:00:07 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Considering how Sony had to help Capcom even make SFV outside of 2018, I highly doubt MvC4 is happening anytime soon.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#3  November 01, 2016, 11:19:22 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Disney's got deep pockets so they could conceivably fund it

They could also just make their own game and not have to split the profits
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  November 01, 2016, 11:25:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
disney nixed all internal development of games in favour of associating with game companies to create content, that was a big thing that they announced and it led into the announcement of ps4 spider-man.
#5  November 01, 2016, 11:35:36 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I totally forgot about that, so yeah it's conceivable they could fund a potential MvC4 especially next year what with Thanos Finally Stands Up Part 1 happening
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#6  November 02, 2016, 12:21:52 am
    • Mexico
https://www.youtube.com/user/YogaFlame24
FG oriented channel, over 50K subs, lots of videos don't get to 10K views.
Doesn't look too credible, although there don't seem to be any other news like that in the Twitter account.
#7  November 02, 2016, 06:35:04 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
MVC4 could work wonderfully for disney if Disney can force a focus on using Marvel characters currently being pushed in the movies. So I could easily see them go for it.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#8  November 03, 2016, 12:34:39 am
MVC4 could work wonderfully for disney if Disney can force a focus on using Marvel characters currently being pushed in the movies. So I could easily see them go for it.

This mostly already happened?

Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Rocket Raccoon were all in MvC3. I'm not sure what big figures are missing.
#9  November 03, 2016, 12:42:30 am
Star Lord, Gamora, Thanos, Bucky / Winter Soldier, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Loki... Cap / Iron Man / Thor were in 3 because the other movies were already out, Rocket and Hawkeye are the ones that were really promotional for the movies. Look at Future Fight on smartphones to see what kind of push they do whenever they want to really promote a new movie.

Right, Widow too.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:46:54 am by Byakko
#10  November 03, 2016, 12:45:39 am
Ah right, I was only thinking of movies that are currently out, not the known upcoming ones. Bucky is also a good catch.

Edit: Needs more Black Widow.
#11  November 03, 2016, 12:53:56 am
By the way, even though it works great for Future Fight (they just keep pumping out new batches of half a dozen characters and costumes at once), it would definitely be a big problem for something like MvC. Capcom would need time to prepare all the new characters, and given the nature of the versus series, they also need to match that with Capcom characters, doubling the workload each time Disney wants to push an update. I actually think that the rate at which Disney wants to promote their stuff would put a hypothetical MvC4 in the grave real fast. Unless Capcom manages to set up a really tight and hyper reactive environment to match Disney. It's not impossible if Disney is ready to cough the money for a fighting game (same way Sony has done for SF5, I figure), considering Capcom has been trying this kind of setup with SF5, but it's not quite there yet IMO.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#12  November 03, 2016, 01:21:53 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm sure they wouldn't expect Capcom to be able to pump out characters as the same rate that Future Fight does; their other games have varying levels of release frequency, after all. Something like Marvel Puzzle Quest can only manage to put out one character every 2 weeks or so (lots of balance fine-tuning, and what not), whereas Avengers Academy can just push out a truckload of characters all at once, throughout the year.
#13  November 03, 2016, 01:25:25 am
    • USA
I don't think I really want current Disney AND current Capcom to work on a MVC4. I can already see how bad that's going to end if I take SFV as an example.
#14  November 03, 2016, 04:40:46 am
marvel's movie and tv schedule is planned years ahead in time, it shouldn't be much of an issue to line up dlc production to match what they have planned
#15  November 03, 2016, 05:11:07 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Even if it wasn't Marvel only releases like two movies and a handful of shows a year. And I'm pretty sure Agent's of Shield's monsters of the week aren't going to make the cut for MvC4's DLC.

SNT

#16  November 03, 2016, 09:32:47 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Maybe it's just me being overly optimistic, but the revamped X-Men comic line coming next year gives me a bit of hope they won't freeze out mutants entirely. Besides, it just won't be Mahvel without at minimum Logan, Magneto and Storm and Psylocke.
#17  November 03, 2016, 10:59:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
not even future fight missed wolverine. ( the one game where they removed xmen and stuff was msh2 Lego, it was a bust. I was actually at one of the presentations and little kids kept arguing with them about how they wanted to play deadpool and wolverine as the presentator stammered about moonboy and squirrel girl replacing them)
#18  November 03, 2016, 11:13:36 am
Future Fight doesn't have Wolverine or any of the X-Men. Or Deadpool. But it does have Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl's gang.
#19  November 03, 2016, 12:10:34 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
So, it is almost 5 years ever since MVC3, so I guess it is due for another generation.

But ever since the fiasco with SF5, I wonder if Capcom will not screw up the release of the game.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#20  November 03, 2016, 03:50:55 pm
The short answer is yes they would. Remember MVC3's initial launch followed the the completed edition like 6 months later? Capcom's never been a saint when it came to their game releases but that fiasco along with the SF5 drama tells me they'd screw MVC4 up just as bad.