YesNoOk

Jesuszilla's WIPs - Remake of all of H"'s characters (Current: Severe ADHD) (Read 94163 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 03, 2016, 10:59:31 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Good resolution to use?

800x600
9 (37.5%)
1024x768
9 (37.5%)
Join the 16:9 MUGEN crowd! (unlikely)
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 25, 2016, 08:47:47 pm

Re: Jesuszilla's WIPs - Remake of all of H"'s characters (Current: You decide!)
#161  November 12, 2016, 10:04:24 pm
    • USA
#162  December 16, 2016, 02:31:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Welp, I haven't been around in a while, and that's for a number of reasons. What I've been working on isn't completely MUGEN, but it's still MUGEN-related.

It's my website, which is a work in progress! And here's one of the many things you'll be able to do there for each character:

Remember when I said I'd make something that'd make configuration easier? That's right, I created a config file generator right in your web browser. It will be filled with recommended defaults depending on the character. And what's more, palette makers will be happy because it will show their authorname when you select the palette they've created!

How will I keep this updated? Easy, I use git hooks to update the Framedatabase, which I'm using as the backend for the character .def, .air, and .sff. So wait, where is it pulling authornames for palettes? Well, it turns out you can specify tags of your own in the .def file, and MUGEN won't complain because it won't be parsing them. So you can easily do something like this:

Code:
[PalInfo]
1  = CvS2 LK, Capcom
2  = CvS2 MK, Capcom
3  = CvS2 HK, Capcom
4  = CvS2 LP, Capcom
5  = CvS2 MP, Capcom
6  = CvS2 HP, Capcom
7  = CvS2 KKK, Capcom
8  = Custom, Hoshi
9  = Custom, Sin
10 = CvS2 PPP, Capcom
11 = Custom, Sin
12 = Custom, Sin

... and while MUGEN won't do anything with it, you can certainly write your own applications that do. Pretty neat, huh? And it's not just limited to tags you can create; you can also add them to other sections:
Code:
[Info]
name = "cvssagat"
displayname = "Sagat"
versiondate = 09,05,2016
mugenversion = 1.0;06,14,2003
author = "Jesuszilla" ; イエスジラ
pal.defaults = 4,5,6,1,2,3,10,11,12,7,8,9
localcoord = 320,240
; MUGEN doesn't parse these things but my page does
system = "Capcom vs. SNK 2"

I know you guys were probably expecting updates on my characters, but I still wanted to let you guys know just what I've been doing. I love coding, so I do this pretty much everywhere in my life, and I'm a sucker for customization and making things easier for people, so I figured why not?
#163  December 16, 2016, 02:39:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That looks really cool! Should we use your site as a way to try and insert a few standards too? Like alternate required groups for transformations groups for supers(3000s like docs say), groups for projectiles. Would it also be a good time to set up a standard way of making fireballs for better reflection and general communication between fireballs and players?

lui

#164  December 16, 2016, 02:43:13 am
    • USA
YEEEES
#165  December 16, 2016, 03:19:05 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Seeing this is spurring me to continue my own coding shenanigans. Good work.
This is a generic forum signature.
#166  December 16, 2016, 02:59:11 pm
  • SNK is life
* walt @ Jesuszilla's Lawn

* walt opens a beer
#167  December 17, 2016, 02:00:54 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
That looks really cool! Should we use your site as a way to try and insert a few standards too? Like alternate required groups for transformations groups for supers(3000s like docs say), groups for projectiles. Would it also be a good time to set up a standard way of making fireballs for better reflection and general communication between fireballs and players?

I don't understand what you mean... you mean for the Framedatabase? Because the idea I had was "add basic," "add special," "add EX special," "add super," "add projectile" etc. which would add them to the appropriate group, but the reflection behavior would be hard to define. I'd have to think about that.
Re: Jesuszilla's WIPs - Remake of all of H"'s characters (Current: Kyosuke)
#168  December 19, 2016, 02:36:38 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I really love these conversion projects!
#169  December 20, 2016, 10:37:42 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
This is almost perfect, but there's one thing that kinda irks me, and it actually already irked me for a long time: There's no EX groove. Just the basic 6 grooves. One thing I always liked about Warusaki's characters are the EX groove, which actually combined every single groove into a single super groove, and I would love to see that return at some point...especially now that you have a website configurator at work.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#170  December 20, 2016, 05:55:36 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Goddamit, Trinitronity.
#171  December 20, 2016, 06:00:23 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
This is almost perfect, but there's one thing that kinda irks me, and it actually already irked me for a long time: There's no EX groove. Just the basic 6 grooves. One thing I always liked about Warusaki's characters are the EX groove, which actually combined every single groove into a single super groove, and I would love to see that return at some point...especially now that you have a website configurator at work.

You cant be happy with a slice of the cake you need the whole damn thing too lol, that sounds like
It would be a mess, ALL the grooves in one?
#172  December 20, 2016, 06:25:59 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
As if there's any reason to play him in anything but C groove :)
#173  December 20, 2016, 07:18:55 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#174  December 20, 2016, 07:19:14 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
This is almost perfect, but there's one thing that kinda irks me, and it actually already irked me for a long time: There's no EX groove.
JZ's image said:
EX-GROOVE Config
Regarding the rest of it, Warusaki's EX Groove is horribly busted (ie: Power Charging and Custom Combos is way too powerful), so of course this system would have some limits.
#175  December 20, 2016, 08:08:55 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yeah, Warusaki's EX-Groove being ridiculously OP is exactly why I went the route I did. Though I'm thinking now of implementing a "points" system like CvS2 does with some sort of penalty for going over the allotted points, since most people would just leave everything turned on and only change the bar, dash/run, and roll/dodge like I've been doing. Thoughts? Obviously it wouldn't use CvS2's values for the points since you can't even remake C-Groove with their options, though I would weigh things similarly e.g. A-Gauge requires the most points due to how powerful custom combo is, etc. It would encourage better planning for EX-Groove building.
Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:12:38 pm by Jesuszilla
#176  December 20, 2016, 09:19:11 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Points *would* be cool, but it would probably be best entirely handled by the website. When I'm configuring a character, I usually don't need to break out a calculator for it.

Although I imagine an okay penalty for turning everything on would be like a slight damage dampener or reduced health. Or if you wanna go crazier:

- Timing window for parrying/just defense decreases
- Power Charge is much slower
- Custom Combo cuts off sooner

etc etc
#177  December 21, 2016, 09:57:38 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yeah, reduced health is what I had in mind mainly, though those other ideas are interesting, as they'd be groove-based penalties, which would make sense.

So last night, due to some feedback I got for Sagat, I got pissed off that the buffering wasn't behaving as expected since that was causing the problem. So I found Sagat's move buffers in CvS2 using Cheat Engine so I could study its implementation. After some observation, I did the unthinkable: I got rid of special commands and super commands altogether and just defined them using cardinal directions, which I added all of to the common .cmd.

A special now looks like this in the buffering file:
Code:
[State 10371, DP Init]
type = Null
trigger1 = !Var(22) && cond(p2dist X >= 0, command = "holdfwd_r", command = "holdback_r")
trigger1 = e||(var(22) := 9 + 16)

trigger2 = (Var(22)&31) > 16 && command = "down"
trigger2 = e||(var(22) := 9 + 32)

trigger3 = (Var(22)&63) > 32 && cond(p2dist X >= 0, command = "downfwd", command = "downback")
trigger3 = e||(var(22) := 9 + 64)

trigger4 = Var(22) && (Var(22)&15) = 0 ; Set to 0 if the counter (first 4 bits) goes down to 0
trigger4 = e||(var(22) := 0)
ignorehitpause = 1

Yes, I reinvented the wheel and made my own command interpreter. That's how mad I was.

But this isn't very beginner-friendly, is it? So now I really have my work cut out for me when it comes to explaining this to others.

So I suppose it's time for a mini project: CvS2 Buffer Fu Man. I'll stream the progress along with detailed explanation along the way of how this particular variant of the buffering system works. He won't be a complete CvS2 character, at least not at this point; this will just be to show how to use the buffering system. I'll probably start streaming tonight.
#178  December 21, 2016, 10:00:22 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
FINALLY

I won't be able to watch, but I hope someone takes good notes and writes it down!
#179  December 21, 2016, 10:03:08 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#180  December 21, 2016, 10:56:35 pm
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA