• [E]
    • Mexico
Re: Djoul's stuff
#42  December 09, 2016, 07:55:44 pm
Thx, I will check that point and make some modifcation tomorrow

Here my new anim !
#43  December 18, 2016, 11:15:48 am
Jump in progress  :hyo:, all the sprites are done,  I need to finish the colorisation.

#44  December 18, 2016, 03:56:15 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
That's very nice looking. Just wondering, shouldn't his face get a bit of more light on top of it, since his head is looking upwards?

Shit
#45  December 19, 2016, 03:16:44 pm
Thx ! I put less shadow on the head for this sprite. Here his jump !

#46  December 21, 2016, 07:12:24 pm
Some progress here

#47  December 21, 2016, 07:30:12 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think the jump needs two more frame. It looks good though! One before his arms go all the way down and one before his arms go all the way up.

Nice looking jump light kick frame. He should have another just like this where he does the same kick but with the other leg. Jump LK, LK

@daeron: can you give an edit to his SP he made earlier and show him better how that could flow?
#48  December 21, 2016, 08:40:12 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Warning, very quick edit, expect lots of jagged and twisted pixels:

Sprites themselves look very good, thou you need a bit more experience in animating.
Some very quick tips and vaguely explained on how to improve:

-Faster movement means less frames, and slower movement means more frames
 The main probelm with your punch version, is that the motion of the punch traversing to the hitting zone had to much unncecesary frames, making the punch feel slower and without impact force, a basic fighting game attack usually has 4 stages:  Prep time, launch, hitting and recover, the launch is usually the fastest meaning it needs less frames, thats where we usually put the blurred effect.
In animation, blurs are usually used to convey a movement so fast that even a single frame can not capture.

-Keep track of movement arcs
Pay attention to individual body parts and how they progres from one frame to another, in your gif, notice how his punching hand in the first frames,  goes from stance position to being directly above his head in the very next frame, this is to much of a jump, so i added another frame in my version where you can see the hand traveling from those 2 positions.

-Keep track of the floor
 try to constantly overlap your sprites to see if the feet jump positions to much, i usually do sketches of the moves and animate them before finishing the polished sprite, i make the adjustements before shading, once you feel the move has good flow and rithym you can shade it, its easier that way and you dont waste work.

Finally, become familiar with the 12 concepts of animation, there was this artticle about darkstalker animations, but i cant find it anywhere, the link is broken :(
here is an example:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Great work and good luck!

#49  December 21, 2016, 08:44:44 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:50:28 pm by Just No Point
#50  December 21, 2016, 10:40:02 pm
Wow Thx for that, very good adjustement, the anim looks much better. I understood your feedbacks. I will check the adjustement tomorrow and I should have several questions. Good night !
#51  December 22, 2016, 10:49:30 pm
Ok so here the result with Daeron help ! I will do my best to think about your advices in my future animations.
Regarding the frames, actually I thought that the coder could adjust the number of ticks per frame to make it more "brutal" and more impressive.

See you soon !

#52  December 25, 2016, 08:19:57 pm
"Awake from a long sleep"

I will sprite the fx later !

lui

#53  December 25, 2016, 09:26:11 pm
    • USA
looks great, but you should add some transition frames from the point where he starts to shout, it's kinda jarring seeing him yell within only 1 frame, and its a static one that moves around.
#54  December 25, 2016, 11:24:30 pm
Thx ! Actually I am affraid to lose the dynamism if I add this transition. I will make a test tomorrox.
Regarding the last frame it's only to show that the environnement shake. This will be added with the code.
#55  December 26, 2016, 04:22:06 pm
An introduction concept I did in high resolution for Frieza, coded by me. It was really fun to do.

#56  December 26, 2016, 09:34:01 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thx ! Actually I am affraid to lose the dynamism if I add this transition. I will make a test tomorrow.

No not really. If anything, it's not dynamic at all. I don't even feel the anticipation before the blast. It's like dynamite that suddenly goes kaput.

Regarding the last frame it's only to show that the environnement shake. This will be added with the code.

To be fair, that looks nothing like an environment quaking, just some small vibrations.

Try this. I added 2 more frames, played around w/ the speed, and exaggerated that quake a bit. Have a comparison too:

|| 
Djoul                                             F.R.O.S.T

See the difference? Nothing was lost, dynamism and anticipation can now be fully seen in the animation. All it took was a couple more frames.

Too many frames can be a bad thing, but sometimes, an extra frame can make it better.

Aside that, do you plan on doing somethign with these Kid Buu animations? They hold potential!
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:46:14 pm by F.R.O.S.T Hatter
#57  December 26, 2016, 09:53:17 pm
Yeah indeed it's better! I Will definately add more frames with your sample.
Regarding my animations, we will see ! But yeah I feel motivate. ;)
#58  December 27, 2016, 05:14:20 pm
I feel you should make his body move a bit when he's moving backwards: there's no lower body movement and it looks like his upper body is being rotated (I know it's not), it's like it's bound to some sort of pivot point.
#59  December 27, 2016, 06:24:19 pm
Thx guys, I will consider your feedbacks and make some test soon. ;)

Here the energy charge, I just pick up the effect in the piccolo Sff to have something behind him. I changed a little the palette.
#60  December 27, 2016, 06:33:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Energy charge should just have little dust fx coming from when he hits his chest IMO. No smoke like super Buu and no energy aura. While charging he can take 1 hit and the 2nd will make him fly off while still beating his chest. He'll still be charging meter but he will charge slower