YesNoOk

Anyone here being banned from BLACKLISTED WEBSITE for no reason at all? (Read 4376287 times)

Started by Flowrellik, June 12, 2016, 08:03:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Anyone here being banned from my huge butt for no reason at all?
#541  December 18, 2016, 08:06:40 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I will add this. I would hope that when your ban runs out, and you come back to post in this topic, that you would read this and reconsider.

Iced you make yourself and the guild look really bad by telling me you'll ban me for having a different opinion. I'm not trolling I've detailed my arguments plenty of times, we just have a different point of view.
You're not getting banned for having a different point of view. You're getting banned because you keep re-litigating this issue over, and over, and over again, repeating the same things and denying the objective reality of it all. It's totally fine for you to believe all this dumb stuff you're arguing, but it's not OK to keep going for this long.

The issue is settled. Do not try and argue this point any further, because we are not budging from our position of trying to protect our user base from viruses. If you continue to post about this in the future, you will be banned again.
#542  December 18, 2016, 10:16:15 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Not to beat a dead horse, but I am totally going to throw in a quick kick to said deceased horse. I just want to add one more voice confirming that, yes, you most certainly, 100%, CAN get a virus/malware/etc from adfly. It has happened to me. Thankfully the last time it happened I was able to catch it relatively quick (these things tend to get exponentially worse the longer they are allowed to remain on your system). But you can most definitely get some really nasty $h!+ from adfly.

Nothing against the archive, in fact I like the archive overall, but you/they are not doing anyone any favors by using adfly. It can cause a lot of unnecessary stress, worry, and aggravation, not to mention actual damage to a person's computer and files. When I was a lot younger I lost a whole album's worth of music I made to a virus, not to mention a ton of other stuff. Stuff that was extremely important to me and some of my friends, and stuff that was irreplaceable. Not fun. People have important things on their computers, and it can get to the point where it's just not worth taking the chance. It's something that should be considered when deciding how to run a site. Either change it, or own it. Denying it doesn't help anyone.

I'm at the point now where there is really nothing I want bad enough to even bother with things like adfly.

Now I will say, on the other hand, I don't think I've ever actually been forced through adfly on the archive. Is it for people who have not registered? It's been awhile. The archive does host some very hard to find stuff, and there are some creators/editors who only release their stuff there. A bunch of interesting things I would never even know about if not for the archive. It works fine for me. And there are some very nice, helpful people on the boards there.

Sorry for being so long winded about it, but it is actually kind of an important issue.
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:38:46 am by rhiggatwat
#543  December 18, 2016, 11:08:46 am
    • Germany
Now I will say, on the other hand, I don't think I've ever actually been forced through adfly on the archive. Is it for people who have not registered? It's been awhile.

They have a Ranking/Reputation system, you don't get forced through adfly if you have a high enough Rank, that you can get from posting on the Forum, making comments on uploads or Uploading stuff etc.

@Mods/Admins
Just here to clarify this point, nothing else.
#544  December 18, 2016, 01:39:51 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#545  December 26, 2016, 04:35:10 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
#546  December 28, 2016, 10:41:18 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
And that thread is now kill.
#547  December 29, 2016, 03:45:13 am
    • Philippines
aww you're no fun rice er i mean good honestly that guy needs a warning for that i guess same applies to me since i took le bait of it
#548  December 29, 2016, 04:05:17 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Could we all just shut the fuck up and let this shit heap of a thread fucking die already? There is NOTHING left to discuss.

You circumvent the censors, warning. You defend these assholes, you deserve to be (and probably will be) banned. You use Adfly on your links, you'll be blacklisted here. End of discussion.

If shit happens on another forum related to these guys, that's up to the other forum to handle. No need to post it here. Call me a backseat mod if you want, moderators override anything I have to say (and probably will simply for my tone and language in this post), but keeping shit threads like these bumped for stupid fucking reasons really annoys the piss out of me.
#549  December 29, 2016, 04:26:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
No, no, you're right.
People should let this die.
Mugen Archive.....What the shit ?
#550  December 29, 2016, 05:42:22 am
Oookay.......so i go to MA and downloaded a few chars and edits........I could download a few due to file size and not being logged in......Log in then can't download shit because im considered an Inactive user.....then i create another account....and still cant download shit.....what the hell is this foolery?
Re: Mugen Archive.....What the shit ?
#551  December 29, 2016, 05:46:57 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It's been like that for a while now. You should consider it a good thing and look for a better place to get your downloads.
#552  December 29, 2016, 05:50:24 am
I'll take heed to your advice
#553  December 29, 2016, 05:52:55 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
No. N.O. Absolument non. There will be no one-shots in this arc.

This stuff stays in the big thread.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#554  December 29, 2016, 05:56:09 am
My apologies SpeedPreacher I didnt know there was a thread for this already
#555  December 29, 2016, 07:50:25 am
    • Philippines
man if you look at those they allowing garbage works and hentai characters this is hilarious
#556  December 29, 2016, 11:31:13 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
They don't discriminate against what gets uploaded there, which isn't inherently bad given that they're trying to preserve all content. One man's disgust is another man's fetish, as the old saying goes.

@Koopa901:
I believe an inactive user is simply one who hasn't contributed to their community, so creating a new account was pointless and may well go against any guidelines they have in place, should there be anything in regards to multiple accounts.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
Re: Random Topic V10
#557  March 31, 2017, 02:51:31 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
So I went on MA to tell ppl to stop uploading my stuff on their website (again), and they really replied so harsh this time:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I don't know what to say, I also can't post there anymore (cuz I'm blocked). I simply gave up.
I at least made a warning video on my youtube and told ppl on other forums to do not download my stuff from MA.
Re: Re: Random Topic V10
#558  March 31, 2017, 02:56:36 pm
It's Mugen Archive sense doesn't work you'd have to ban them from the internet to get them to stop. Even then they might somehow go to other places to complain about stuff. I also like how Ditzy I mean Dizzy says everything is fair domain coming from the site where they get money from MUGEN. Regardless karma will get them at some point.
Re: Re: Random Topic V10
#559  March 31, 2017, 03:25:44 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
One of my edits is also hosted in MA and I felt a bit annoyed because I think the people should download my stuffs in my site, but is better to ignore this forum and leave them to their own problem.
#560  April 01, 2017, 01:55:06 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Eh, the majority of the community knows they're CIV (Computer Immunodeficiency Virus) positive so nobody's going to want to touch them really.