YesNoOk

Inktrebuchet's Sprite work  (Read 297099 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, August 22, 2012, 08:52:57 pm
Re: Inktrebuchet's Sprite work
#221  October 26, 2016, 05:26:58 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Beatiful work.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#222  October 26, 2016, 03:02:47 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Thanks guys! I made some changes.

What do you guys think of that start up? I'm thinking he won't have an energy ball or anything, just the classic glowing hand bit. Also maybe an extra couple frames for a possible charge.

HQ

#223  October 26, 2016, 03:14:43 pm
If you want to have that small charge, be sure to add some anticipation frame like in here (I quickly made something to show you)
Also when he pushes forward his left foot (spriter's view) needs to be in a different position to show off the tension he generates from pushing backwards with that leg  :)

I really like what you did with this animation!

#224  October 29, 2016, 10:55:41 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Everything looks so awesome and smooth as Hell. Totally in love.

Also, Dhalsim's look, you could make a mix between them. Maybe adding the beard but keeping the whole classic design?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#225  October 29, 2016, 08:31:40 pm
    • USA
I will definitely add in that anticipation frame HQ, thanks for pointing that one out!

FeLo_Llop, I'm not sure I will make a beard version. I feel like his chest area is already so cluttered with muscles and skulls. I'd probably loose the skulls if I added the beard, at least that's what I would do if I was a sf3 character designer. lol
#226  December 30, 2016, 05:12:27 pm
    • USA
Decided to keep this guy simple with the start up/charge.

Also I may be a little further on this than you thought. 90's low quality video hype.

Part of me wants to make a project thread, but I'm a little hesitant after letting so many people down with Strider.

#227  December 30, 2016, 05:19:20 pm
#228  December 30, 2016, 05:41:59 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
I don't even remember you canceling Strider
Spriting is hard.
#229  December 30, 2016, 05:49:53 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Maybe he quietly cancelled it?

I don't blame you though, ink. Life can get in the way, but at least we still have teh privilege to see your sprite works.
This is a generic forum signature.
#230  December 30, 2016, 05:59:32 pm
    • USA
I did stop work on Strider, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. After studying more SF3 sprites and putting together a method of making accurate sf3 sprites, I looked back at my work on Strider and didn't like anything about it.

It's far from accurate to SF3. The process I use now is very accurate and much quicker than how I was making Strider. There is just to much wrong with him for me to go back and fix.

lui

#231  January 01, 2017, 01:40:11 am
    • USA
oh well, atleast it was great learning experience for you

I think making a new thread wouldn't let anyone down, seeing as you made a new method for it that looks smoother and cleaner than I'm assuming strider did, I think it would be great to see your progress
#232  January 01, 2017, 04:51:45 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Not telling you to dump more time into Strider yo, I will say, any mistakes you might have made go out the window when you look at exactly half of SF3's roster. I've picked up on the short cuts and less than stellar sprites individually.

I'd say you had it pretty close.
Spriting is hard.
#233  January 02, 2017, 12:15:20 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
My 2 cents on the whole Strider thing :p
It did look really solid, and in a perfect world it would continue. However i can't deny your Bison so far looks really solid. In regards to SF3 sprites, admittedly the older ones (IE The Shotos) were pretty inconsistent, and i don't even blame myself anymore for struggling to grasp how they work ages ago. However, take a look at Makoto. Her sprites are actually remarkably consistent for the most part. I do however believe 3rd Strike newcomers, such as Remy, Chun, and Q kind of go in a direction that aside from anatomy and proportions, feels a bit out of place with SF3. I get less a SF3 vibe and more CVS on crack, Especially Chun. There are various rames where colors are not used entirely, for example Ryu. In many frames, instead of there being 12 skin colors, the would be only 6. Anyway i'm rambling my apologies.
This Bison is looking damn good man, would be happy to help in any way i can :)

PS: That being said DL LINK OMFG XD
#234  January 02, 2017, 04:23:39 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I know this is late, but I just realized you could have two different landings depending on whether Bison ends his move on the same side or the opposite side of his opponent.

I know the standard games simply make him land facing the same way and then turn. But your flipping animation looks so nice that I thought maybe you'd want something more akin to this:

I did this with a quick and dirty edit of your existing frames. I know the smoke should probably still blow to the left and maybe he should move backwards slightly when his feet hit the ground, but you get the idea.

Also, I agree that the quick start up for the move is the best choice. Those extra frames would be wasted, visually, with how quickly the move needs to come out. You can still use those extra frames for a Super Arts version of the Phsycho Crusher.
Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:26:59 pm by Graphicus
#235  January 02, 2017, 04:49:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nice attention to detail with that idea!
#236  January 02, 2017, 07:08:37 pm
    • USA
Thanks guys, Strider may not have been a complete waste but it's definitely not where I think it should be. I may release the work files on him in the future. I have just been afraid of what it may become if released unfinished.

Man, I'm glad you shared that idea! I wouldn't have thought to do that. Thanks

lui

#237  January 03, 2017, 01:30:36 am
    • USA
if you're afraid of them being tampered with, honestly I don't think anyone would do that with how mugen forums nowadays declining in terms of visitors, even with the "bigger" sites like this one I haven't really seen anyone touch "premium" sprites like balm's frank, any of the z2 stuff among other things and ruining them, if these characters ever WERE tampered with I never noticed and I don't think many people will. even so, if someone does do that the general public will instantly recognize that it's from you.
#238  March 15, 2017, 07:57:15 pm
    • USA
Had some free time so I messed with this very simplified Q. still needs work.

Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:01:29 pm by ink
#239  May 08, 2017, 07:32:37 pm
    • USA
Experiments with shiny shit!

Polished metal isn't a surface that comes up to much in SF3, here is today's first attempts. Second ones is more for fun.
Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:00:30 pm by ink
#240  May 08, 2017, 10:55:31 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Astonishing work, no doubt.