YesNoOk

Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna] (Read 78854 times)

Started by hatter, July 30, 2016, 12:46:38 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - Character Thread [Current: Ryu]+ Tifa preview up!
#21  December 25, 2016, 03:56:54 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
O.K, so here's what I've addressed so far with Ryu:

-Why does the St.HP feel faster than the medium punch
-Cr.Mk comes out 1 frame after Cr.Hk, which it should not
-Cr.Mp comes out 1 frame after Cr.Hp, dont know why you did it like that
-The effect for the shinku hadouken looks very strange just sitting right infront of the opponent instead of feeling like it has any impact
-St.Hp doesnt feel like a Heavy Punch
-One of his intros doesnt have the correct palette

-The shoryuken feels off, the vels could use some work and he comes down too fast
-the hadoken sprite appears behind his hands, move it forward a lil bit

Anything not in the quotes have not been addressed, once I do, I'll upload Ryu again.

For now, have this sneak-peek:

I know some things are off, I'll be editing those tomorrow, so that a standard can be set in stone. Sorry it took so long to get to this!
This is a generic forum signature.
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - Character Project Thread [Current: Ryu]
#22  December 25, 2016, 04:12:03 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
You keep improving, aren't you?
It's really nice. Although I think you could edit her walk animation a little bit, since now it reminds too much Athena's.
Anyway, keep rocking.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#23  December 25, 2016, 04:15:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It's really nice. Although I think you could edit her walk animation a little bit, since now it reminds too much Athena's.

I think I already addressed this once, but you weren't there when I did, so I'll say it again. Since the Tifa project continues off of what jadencorsair left behind (the idle, walk forward, and walk backwards), I'm keeping them the way he left them, out of respect for his work. And thanks, hope you'll enjoy her gameplay/graphics when the demo's out. =)

(This doesn't mean that I don't agree with you, I do).
#24  December 25, 2016, 06:19:46 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Oh, I get it. Not that is a big deal, anyway.
Of course I will, good luck with everything.
When the time comes to the screenpack, let me know if you need help.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

lui

#25  December 25, 2016, 06:24:50 am
    • USA
man, seeing just how far you've come from day one really makes me feel fuzzy inside! keep it up hatter
#26  December 31, 2016, 08:36:22 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you tomodachis.

And Speedster, I'll take you up on your offer at some point. :)

So a couple of things:

. As you may know (or not), Datkofguy is helping me with the life bars for this project, here's a screenshot of them so far with the recommended resolution on my laptop (very early build, the final product will not entirely be the same):

Font is entirely placeholder, only the bars are finalized (design-wise). Ideas, suggestions for improvement, designs and ideas of your own are welcome; just so that you are in the know, we decided on a Capcom and Square Enix hybrid, so if you want to suggest anything, make sure that it fits that criterion. If you see something off in this screenshot, let me know as well.

Since I mentioned that custom art is gonna be added to this game, there'll be a place for that too. I'll have to start working on some soon enough so that we can figure out a resolution, I think.

. Here's a link for Ryu w/ all the fixes I've made so far. The only thing I have not addressed is the stiffness of the combos. I figured out how to handle it, but to finalize this, I'm going to be playing a lot of CvS2 with Ryu to have the proper feel figured out. Even if I won't be accurate to CvS2, I still want you to feel like you are playing a C-Groove Ryu from that game.

Let me know if something is still off, or if you find anything new. As I said before, ignore the misplaced FX and lack of sound, and keep the stiffness of the combos out of mind for now. I'll tackle all this soon enough, and the latter will be the first of them.
Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:39:47 pm by Hatter
#27  December 31, 2016, 09:23:03 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
File download got blocked over some dmca bullshit
#28  December 31, 2016, 09:28:41 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Lifebars have a nice design (would probably look better if it had color instead of grey, maybe add color to the darker grey shades), but the gradient doesn't look very good... it's not the colors itself, more so the dithering going on there that gives it an off putting aesthetic.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#29  December 31, 2016, 09:32:41 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Lifebars have a nice design (would probably look better if it had color instead of grey, maybe add color to the darker grey shades), but the gradient doesn't look very good... it's not the colors itself, more so the dithering going on there that gives it an off putting aesthetic.

We can remove that easily. Colors are also placeholder, but hey, its good to know that they are appealing.

File download got blocked over some dmca bullshit

Omg lol, have at thee quickly then.

EDIT: Changed the URL again, try it now.
Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:36:07 pm by Hatter
#30  January 01, 2017, 02:37:54 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Im Likin the lifebar so far, but i feel like the Limit Break should look more like FF7
Also, this ryu update is pretty great so far. Though my issue with his heavy punch still stands

Somethin like this, though i can make it for ya
Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:21:05 am by likiji123
#31  January 01, 2017, 02:59:13 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'd highly appreciate that, I'm really not in the mood for editing any more Ryu sprites.

The FF7 Limit Break bar seems very bland in comparison to what DatKofguy did. :/

Expect the following next time:
-Cancels and addressing of combo stiffness.
-FX and SND
-Finest K.O., First Attack, and Counter Hit.
#32  January 01, 2017, 03:22:59 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I'd highly appreciate that, I'm really not in the mood for editing any more Ryu sprites.

The FF7 Limit Break bar seems very bland in comparison to what DatKofguy did. :/
I finished it, the hands on frame 1 look kinda odd but since it goes fast it aint that hard to tell

Hmmm, well i only know of the FF7 limit bars so i dunno
#33  January 01, 2017, 03:27:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That looks great. There's also a bit of a bounce when he lands the punch, and a sudden change of color, but I can fix that easily. :)

I'll add that into the next update. Maybe by then, we can have a finalized template.
#34  January 01, 2017, 04:27:46 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
That looks great. There's also a bit of a bounce when he lands the punch, and a sudden change of color, but I can fix that easily. :)
Oh woops :sweatdrop:

Also, this was my idea for the limit break bar, Kinda like third strike where once the lvl 1 bar is filled it goes to lvl 2

But have that small box with the number there to tell you 1/3 or 2/3 and so on

EDIT: i forgot to fix the hand on one of the frames of the punch

fixed that noww
Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 04:39:30 am by likiji123
#35  January 11, 2017, 03:33:43 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Update on my end:
-Recoded the Shoryuken. For the velocities, I stole the values from Lost_Avenger and Just No Points Ryu.
-Started employing cancels, currently normal to special cancels. So far, in comparison to the last beta, it feels smoother now.

My current aims from now forth include:
-Add in Limit Cancels
-Complete and add the custom FX, and add in his CvS2 sound pack.
-Counter Attack and First Attack triggers.
-(for much later) A.I.

When the above three are complete, I'll throw in a video, and put a link for public beta testing. Hopefully it won't be too long!
#36  January 12, 2017, 08:31:08 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Nice system ideas!
Glad to see some progress!
#37  January 16, 2017, 01:01:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you Ned. :)

Put up a poll. King of Fighters/Capcom vs SNK 2 or Marvel vs Capcom 2 tag system? For the latter, I was thinking to allow switching between characters and no assists, but with the ability to save up for one EX Assist, and call out one partner to help you out on-screen at the cost of a power bar.

I like both tag systems, and am torn between them right now, so I want you to decide for me: tagging/in out in a battle, or turn-system? I know it sounds too soon to talk about this, but I honestly want to stop thinking about so damn much.

I'm also considering putting in a combo system that is akin to MvC2 and maybe go for a simplified command system, because I actually adore the former a lot, and it'd make life easier for me when testing/playing lol. Will talk more about that later, hopefully when I get more time to myself (haven't had any for CvSE :()
#38  January 16, 2017, 01:09:07 am
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com
Ah man, i thought you'd put as 2vs2 tag team system from the previous series, but i suppose it wouldn't hurt to go as 3v3 tag team system, so yes, i'll go with MvC2 tag system.
#39  January 21, 2017, 06:34:08 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Reminder that one day remains to vote for the team system you want: the turn-based King of Fighters, or have the ability to switch a la Marvel vs. Capcom 2

On a couple other notes, I've decided that the Magic Series from Darkstalkers (I think) and Marvel vs Capcom 2 should be how the combos work in Capcom vs Square Enix.

However, it seems that I can't rewrite over my current CMD without fucking up other things, to which I'm contemplating rebuilding the attack states in the CMD from scratch, with either Kamekaze or Splode as a guide/reference.

If anyone wants to tell me something I don't know about the Magic Series and their implementation in MUGEN (I've read the pertinent thread about chain combos in the MUGEN Class board, so I have a good idea already), I'd appreciate it very much.

But for now, have some in-progress custom FX, and let me know what you think of them, seeing that I can't provide any new video/download link (to which, again, I'm sorry):

#40  February 02, 2017, 05:48:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Bumpity bump.

So I got all of Ryu's normals and specials into an MvC2 Magic Series esque combo system (big thanks to XCB; I took a note from his Jill char). It's still 3 button so there's that:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p9ct74

When testing, don't test the Shinkuu Tatsumaki and the Shin Shoryuken, as I have not adapted them to the new command system. Only Shinkuu Hadouken so far has been adapted, so test that if you wanna test the Limit Breaks.

Aside from this command system change, I played around with some values and stuff. Took a look at Kamekaze's MvC2 Ryu as reference.

Please notify me of any bugs, or if you feel something is not right, or could be better. Only you contributions can assure a damn good template I can base the other 57 characters on.

Making tiny progress w/ the FX:

<- Only 4 more frames till I finish the medium attack spark, woopie.

I will draw up some new FX when I get the time, but next ones you should expect are heavy attack sparks, dash, and collision sparks for ground and wall.

So since the results are 15 (MvC2) - 2 (KoF), the MvC2 tag system will be used for Capcom vs Square Enix.
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:52:08 am by Paz Hatter