YesNoOk

Piccolo Xmas RELEASE (Read 65098 times)

Started by Balthazar, December 25, 2016, 10:55:09 am
Share this topic:
Re: Piccolo Xmas RELEASE
#141  January 11, 2017, 01:28:18 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
As for that,either im not capable for this or it is hard to do many mixup combos with him.
Tried with a good keyboard so i don't know. Also,small Rant that is just me and not for a flaw of him.

Rant:I try a lot to do the Trap Blasts and Deactivate them,i can't.......it goes random for me.I use keyboard by the way.

This can suck my wiener  :furious2:
Or i just suck,probably that.  :mlol:
   No wonder i find Street Fighter hard to play
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#142  January 11, 2017, 01:34:28 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
When you throw a trap shot you need to pay attention to what button you pressed.

Say you throw out QCF, MK to destroy it you'd have to input DP, MK

Throw out QCB, LK and you must use RDP, LK

Or if you don't care which shot you blow up you can do this

to explode all QCF trap shots input DP, 2K

to explode all QCB trap shots do RDP, 2k

Make sense?

And I do apologize for Piccolo being a more advanced character. I just wanted something new thrown into the roster that felt very different from Hyper Sayajin Fighter V :P Gotenks shouldn't deviate as much and will be easier to pick up and play.
Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:37:29 pm by Just No Point
#143  January 11, 2017, 01:40:17 pm
  • Fate's Persona
I know how or what to do,i just can't input them correctly (for the individual ones).
Then again i use keyboard,so yeah......
However,it's nice to know there's an alternative of sorts,Thank you.
But i do not take back what i said about the DP / RDP though :mlol:

EDIT:Nah,i think that's a good excuse for me to learn more combos and things for him.
        no matter the clunkiness a.k.a. Street Fighter's speed (if you come to think about it,his speed is that like of Street Fighter's)
Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:45:06 pm by AgentofDestiny
#144  January 11, 2017, 01:47:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You keyboard folk are so weird and foreign to me

https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=jkfty-20&linkId=19ac9083f9d224052aa6ca50ea729ba5

or

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Stick-Mini-PlayStation/dp/B014KXMEW4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1484138780&sr=1-1&keywords=hori+arcade+stick+ps4

or

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Real-Arcade-Pro-Kai-PlayStation/dp/B00SULMRI4/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1484138780&sr=1-2&keywords=hori+arcade+stick+ps4
#145  January 11, 2017, 01:55:43 pm
  • Fate's Persona
Two things:  1.Im not American nor im interested to buy from abroad (due to extra cost) :mlol:
                    2.I don't have money for a controller yet,when i'm done with necessicities i have,
                      i might consider buying one,fighting game oriented,or just a simple one.

Extra: 3.The first one looks nice (i didn't know there are controllers like these) and close to my "buy" range .

P.S. = I mainly use a "Laptop" keyboard (because i have a Laptop) but i played the game on both a "laptop" and a "pc" keyboard.
          I can say with certainty that the "pc" keyboard is better for HDBZ gameplay.    xD
Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:41:07 pm by AgentofDestiny
#146  January 11, 2017, 03:00:18 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I have no issues activating DPs on keyboard unless they're misplaced in the .cmd file (DP motion is placed lower than a QCF motion, for example).
There's a knack to consistently performing them, and you simply have to figure it out :P

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#147  January 11, 2017, 08:02:23 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Executing the Trap Blast explosion commands aren't much trouble for me either, and I use keyboard.  I will be getting a Steam/gaming controller for my computer eventually, though XP
#148  January 11, 2017, 08:11:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Speaking of commands I'm very surprised no one has reported the HUGE mistake I made in a command for the latest release. It's almost enough for me to tell Balthazar to upload the newest version but I know many of you are sick of constant updates and I said this would be the last one till the full build  :wacky:

If you can find the mistake and tell me what it is AND tell me you WANT the update to fix it and see how he's progressed I'll have Balthazar update his site with the current build  :deal2:
#149  January 12, 2017, 01:16:50 am
  • Fate's Persona
I don't think there's (for somebody with good controller/keyboard) any problem.
Aside from DPs (for me atleast) there's isn't really anything,maybe the Seeking Bullet's overlap with Special Beam Cannon's.
Though i find both good inputs,for me.....xD
Or maybe Dead End's,i don't know.....i'll wait for the full build to see what that was.
Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:21:25 am by AgentofDestiny
#150  January 12, 2017, 03:44:38 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
What does "tripleS" mean?  I know "S" means start, but why is it tripled?

Out of curiosity since you said there was a HUGE mistake, I wanted to see what it could have been, so I brought up the command files in FF3 and saw that.
#151  January 12, 2017, 03:47:26 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That's not it. That command isn't used with Piccolo. It's a carry over from something else I guess (keep in mind I took over the project early so it's something Vans did or came from another HDBZ char)
#152  January 12, 2017, 03:49:15 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Ah, I'll have to keep looking.  Does it break him in any way?  I might fix it myself once I find it, though XP
#153  January 12, 2017, 03:54:53 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It doesn't break him. But it'd potentially screw you up at certain times for a very obvious reason once you see it!
#154  January 12, 2017, 04:04:46 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
You mapped the same motion (or something very close to similar) for two different moves, I'd suspect?
Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:08:29 am by The Sudden Rarity
#155  January 12, 2017, 04:07:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Getting warmer! But it's the opposite of that :P
#156  January 12, 2017, 06:51:10 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
You mapped two different motions for the same move then?
#157  January 12, 2017, 10:21:43 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You're on fire! That's the biggest hint I can give! Go forth and seek out my huge mistake!!!
#158  January 12, 2017, 01:40:44 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
These are the 3 arcade sticks I have.
Mayflash F300, Hori Fight Stick EX 2 & Hori Fight stick V3
Out of the 3, I've had the EX 2 the longest. The PS3 V3 is super light. the Mayflash is nice and heavy. I just got it for christmas because after 11 years my EX 2 has been broken down. the spring, buttons, and joystick buttons are all shot. It's well worth $60 though.
If you have a wired 360 controller you can just plug it into the PC and it works. Same with PS4.

But I did catch the mistake and just fixed it. Now I cant remember what it was to report. (Ive been on a Metroid.nes kick for the last 30+hours)
I'll redownload :P
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#159  January 12, 2017, 06:26:55 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
In Demon Mode, you can't pull off his SBC with the current motion (2QCF+P) and it doesn't mention it under his Demon Mode changes to movelist.  You have to do the original motion (QCB,F+P) before the the current update was made, right?
#160  January 12, 2017, 06:40:05 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
 :smash:
BINGO

I had to make another statechange for the Demon versions of SBC. When changing the inputs I forgot I had 2 SBC attacks in the .cmd so I didn't change the Demon Mode version.

I guess no one uses SBC while in Demon mode since it takes you out of the mode. Or no one uses Demon mode at all :P