YesNoOk

Kof 2003 Portrait project (Read 1207695 times)

Started by Melcore, March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kof 2003 Portrait project
#461  December 29, 2016, 04:56:32 am
  • Also in the sky, the strength of love has wings...
    • Mexico
Her hair should probably be straightened, longer and it should look like it's flowing down since I see a Ninon with her hair glued to her sidehead

Like how? Please, explain yourself, that I can't understand a J of that...
#462  January 07, 2017, 08:44:54 pm
  • A.K.A.: GRAND-DUCHY, IagoLOLandia, 未完成日本語
    • Brazil
Well I'm trying to make one for Eve and Silvy (both OCs made by "Hanma") for my screenpack lifebars, that are going to use only KOF2003 portraits. But I can't find the correct portraits for them.

I use the old, lazy, "spliced" and palette-swap techniques for making these portraits. Here is their 16-bit portraits made by the own author, that can be used for KOF2003 Victory Screen:

Can you do for me? Or someone?
#463  January 07, 2017, 11:02:56 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
lol don't knock the copy paste jobs, its what helped my learn how to familiarize myself with this style and you will see some of that below.
by the way, who was the author?  those look pretty nice.

Back to Ninon:

I kinda started her over because it was like deriving blood from a stone with the first base... so I changed it altogether after an hour of working on it.

I feel like this is a more productive direction as the expression is much more fitting with the visual that Hatter provided, there is still a lot of work to be done on her but still its moving along, needs her headband though... wasn't too confident with starting that yet so its :sbt:
still feel dumb about calling her an OC though.

I also have a progression that I have been working on for about a week because of the lack of down time but I am pretty satisfied with the results.

It's going to be my updated avatar soon.
speaking of that, you know whats a mildly irritating? When I first signed up on the guild I wanted my username to be "Melkor" (name of a Tolkien character) but it was taken so I had to call myself "Melcore" the entity who got the name first hasn't been active for 9 years and never made a single post.
#464  January 07, 2017, 11:07:07 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I love what you did there with Ninon, it's a huge jump from the last one (no offense to Rock).

Glad the art I provided helped.
This is a generic forum signature.
#465  January 08, 2017, 04:41:38 am
  • Also in the sky, the strength of love has wings...
    • Mexico
Back to Ninon:

I kinda started her over because it was like deriving blood from a stone with the first base... so I changed it altogether after an hour of working on it.

I feel like this is a more productive direction as the expression is much more fitting with the visual that Hatter provided, there is still a lot of work to be done on her but still its moving along, needs her headband though... wasn't too confident with starting that yet so its :sbt:

I love what you did there with Ninon, it's a huge jump from the last one (no offense to Rock).

Glad the art I provided helped.

It's no offense, but I feel her looking is too much evil for a cute witch like her, dunno ya...
#466  January 12, 2017, 07:42:18 am
    • USA

I have updated silver, here are comparisons of the changes.

#467  January 13, 2017, 11:24:54 am
    • Australia
    • Skype - MattDeRac
I made an edit of Athena in her 02 outfit, Suppose to be a redraw of Chloe's portrait for Mugen

#468  January 13, 2017, 08:17:42 pm
    • USA
Thats not bad at all,  you got a pretty good portrait here.

there is a couple of small problems, most notible is the shoulder needs some shading work but still, great job.
#469  January 14, 2017, 04:35:54 am
    • Australia
    • Skype - MattDeRac
Thanks, yeah her line on her shoulder needs to be fixed
#470  January 14, 2017, 09:09:36 am
    • USA
I am not going to fix it cause I am sure you can, I believe in you, take a look at the shading on the original portrait, see if you can apply the same kind of shading.
#471  January 14, 2017, 10:21:43 am
    • Australia
    • Skype - MattDeRac
Sure thing, I'll try and make the line a bit thinner and give it more shading
#472  January 18, 2017, 02:20:08 am
    • Brazil
lol don't knock the copy paste jobs, its what helped my learn how to familiarize myself with this style and you will see some of that below.
by the way, who was the author?  those look pretty nice.

Back to Ninon:

I also have a progression that I have been working on for about a week because of the lack of down time but I am pretty satisfied with the results.

It's going to be my updated avatar soon.
speaking of that, you know whats a mildly irritating? When I first signed up on the guild I wanted my username to be "Melkor" (name of a Tolkien character) but it was taken so I had to call myself "Melcore" the entity who got the name first hasn't been active for 9 years and never made a single post.

I just posted a video of a preview of my screenpack, that it's STILL under construction:

As you can see, I'm using KOF2003 portraits on my lifebars. If someone could do the portraits I've requested (Eve and Silvy)...
#473  January 18, 2017, 03:07:46 am
    • USA
that's a pretty cool screen pack, I think the portraits fit in quite well, also i have never seen that version of Sachiel, where did you get it?
also the sound track that you have playing during the fight is the kind of music I use in my own mugen, I would love to know the artist and song.
Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:11:19 am by Melcore
#474  January 18, 2017, 02:10:56 pm
    • Brazil
that's a pretty cool screen pack, I think the portraits fit in quite well, also i have never seen that version of Sachiel, where did you get it?
also the sound track that you have playing during the fight is the kind of music I use in my own mugen, I would lover to know the artist and song.

This version is "Sachiel-L". An extended version of Sachiel, with new moves. His AI is pretty brutal, just like Stone Orochi.
And the song used was "Kokuten", from Naruto Shippuden.
#475  January 26, 2017, 08:41:33 pm
    • Brazil
UPDATE: I think I'm going to make something better (yes, I'll discard my screenpack). A full game!

This full game is going to have only KOF-based OCs. Like Hagen and Awe Cloud (seen above) and Eve Stein and Silvy Stein (that I requested a long time ago).
Not like Duracellur's "KOF Anthology", it's NOT going to be any dream match or something. This game will have a story, and it's only going to have 15 character slots. 14 for the game fighters and 1 for the final boss.

The lifebars above will have KOF2003 portraits, just like the screenpack I'll discard. Good idea?
#476  January 26, 2017, 08:44:22 pm
    • Australia
    • Skype - MattDeRac
Looks really nice with those lifebars
#477  January 26, 2017, 09:38:13 pm
    • USA
Having this in the form of a message would have been nice a better idea but I don't think you can send messages yet, you have to have like 10 posts or something like that.
I like the idea but please make sure that all the characters you intend to use have their authors approval.
I will message you about this in the near future.
#478  January 26, 2017, 09:53:49 pm
    • Brazil
Having this in the form of a message would have been nice a better idea but I don't think you can send messages yet, you have to have like 10 posts or something like that.
I like the idea but please make sure that all the characters you intend to use have their authors approval.
I will message you about this in the near future.

OK, fine. Maybe I'll start a topic about this.
#479  January 27, 2017, 01:22:41 am
    • USA
Sounds awesome, I'll try to stay in the loop.
#480  January 27, 2017, 04:10:44 am
  • Raging Fist
Hey Melcore um idk if you got my PM or not, but i figured I would show off a concept I'm working on for a character select

The small portraits are based on the tiny portrait selects based on KOF2000, while the large is KOF2003/SVC Chaos. the select shown will be based on a select screen concept from the PS1 game "Evil Zone", only except of just colors, the select screen will be based on ALTERNATE CHARACTERS!
Different versions of the same character with different movesets and costumes, with some even having SECRET Characters (Maxima to Rocky, Mature to Vice, etc.) What I had in mind is for the row selected, it will have a special bar on top, and the selected character will have a select box. Idk whether I should keep the other char portraits greyscale or not. That aside, a good example of this scenario is RYU!
Ryu has 3 different chars with movesets: Main by 119way, secondary by Don Drago (SFEX Gameplay), and third is by Shammaomega.
I have not figured out how to do the victory screens as of yet, as I hoped to maybe find something similar to SVC Chaos or better...gotta work that out somehow.
Not bad right?