YesNoOk

CVTW2 Idea thread (poll up come vote) (Read 287265 times)

Started by Memo, August 13, 2016, 11:48:20 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Ton Pooh is in homies! but....

give her striders spot on main roster (strider can still be DLC later on)
5 (17.9%)
leave her as DLC for future release
15 (53.6%)
fuck Ton Pooh, who else ya got in line?
8 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: June 15, 2017, 09:02:09 pm

Re: Capcom vs the world 2 idea engineering topic
#61  January 15, 2017, 09:26:55 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Fiona from haunted ground

Michelle heart

Also, why didnt you include kyo or a single kof rep? I count terry as fatal fury personally, kyo is a fighting game staple

K'dash kof, Fiona ill check out haven't played much with her. Michelle heart would be cool but her moveset
might not work since she relies on projectiles and flight too much and the gameplay I'm working on
Isn't over the top like mvc gameplay

*edit I might go ahead and replace k with kyo

lui

#62  January 15, 2017, 10:13:02 pm
    • USA
Oh right i didnt see k there lol my bad

Also, will you be keeping the voices to english for the most part like sean did or have them in japanese with some characters like frank, superman, and cap english
#63  January 15, 2017, 10:36:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Oh right i didnt see k there lol my bad

Also, will you be keeping the voices to english for the most part like sean did or have them in japanese with some characters like frank, superman, and cap english

If I can ge them all in English yup, but if I cant ill do it like mvc3, Japanese chars will speak Japanese
and the others english
#64  January 15, 2017, 10:45:22 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Good luck and everything with the project Memo, it sounds ambitious but very cool, I liked the first Capcom vs the World a lot.

If I can make a character suggestion as well, maybe another popular wrestler would be cool since CM Punk was in the first game?

Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Rock would be quite badass.

Or to continue the spirit of "different worlds" maybe an MMA athlethe or Real World Martial Arts actor of the past or present time?
#65  January 15, 2017, 10:50:08 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Good luck and everything with the project Memo, it sounds ambitious but very cool, I liked the first Capcom vs the World a lot.

If I can make a character suggestion as well, maybe another popular wrestler would be cool since CM Punk was in the first game?

Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Rock would be quite badass.

Or to continue the spirit of "different worlds" maybe an MMA athlethe or Real World Martial Arts actor of the past or present time?

sounds good but I need sprites, or Goldberg ha give the spear
To ryu

lui

#66  January 15, 2017, 10:55:46 pm
    • USA
the problem with that idea is that memo is not a spriter, sean had the luxury of being an experienced spriter so if he wanted someone in badly he could've done it which is why he even put cm punk there in the first place, there are barely any other "real life" martial artists for mugen (that aren't sprite edits of feil long) that could even blend well at all
#67  January 15, 2017, 11:30:58 pm
    • Mexico
I think you should keep K' over Kyo. The number of crossovers he's been in is way low, plus he's more technical and interesting than Kyo (from a gameplay standard). Also, how about Tiffany over Batsu?

If you want an unknown face from the world you should give Roomi from Galaxy Fight a look. With the right palette she can fit right in and she has some interesting, cartoony attacks.
#68  January 16, 2017, 12:03:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I think you should keep K' over Kyo. The number of crossovers he's been in is way low, plus he's more technical and interesting than Kyo (from a gameplay standard). Also, how about Tiffany over Batsu?

If you want an unknown face from the world you should give Roomi from Galaxy Fight a look. With the right palette she can fit right in and she has some interesting, cartoony attacks.

i dont know about Tiffany over batsu that's my boy right there lol, I cant find a
working link for roomi if you have one post it and ill check her out
#69  January 19, 2017, 10:32:56 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
some sprites cvs ryu didn't have that I swiped from a sprite sheet I found

shitty gif of ex hadouken!
#70  January 19, 2017, 10:59:05 am
  • hecc
if you're looking for more character suggestions, maybe for Capcom:Dante or Vergil, Hayato? and for The World: Jotaro, Sol, or Cless ?

also Ryu's sprite in the first screenshot is still looking a little bit too much like SF3 Ryu(mainly the head and the gi), but the other sprites from the other two screenshots look fine

youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#71  January 19, 2017, 12:42:23 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
if you're looking for more character suggestions, maybe for Capcom:Dante or Vergil, Hayato? and for The World: Jotaro, Sol, or Cless ?

also Ryu's sprite in the first screenshot is still looking a little bit too much like SF3 Ryu(mainly the head and the gi), but the other sprites from the other two screenshots look fine

im gonna see if someone could touch those sprites up
A little theres only 2 of them shouldn't be too hard.

Hayato I might consider but vergil and Dante have no
Decent sprites, alexlexus Dante i haven't really checked
Out only heard bad things about the coding ill see if they
Are any good.

Jotaro is a capcom character, im not sure about adding sol
Or cless because I want to add new chars but thanks for
the feedback.
#72  January 19, 2017, 01:33:14 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
I like the roster so far, especially Saki, Zero and Frank being in there. Personally, and yes, I know this is extremely unlikely, but I would love to see Batman and Ironman in there. I think that Alucard's Batman sprites are really pretty good and would fit nicely, he just needs some serious re-coding, but a lot of the characters need that to fit. Someone on here even made running sprites for Batman, and you have a wide variety of moves and sprites within the character to work with to create your own unique take on him. No one has really made a good Batman yet, code wise.

No more Tiffany from Rival Schools? I would also agree on Fiona and Michelle Heart for Capcom girls, both great characters that would make the game a bit more unique. Neither has really been used for anything yet. And it's nice to give your game some of it's own unique flavor. Batman, Fiona, and Michelle help to do this. Plus, so many people love Batman, making your own version of him might bring some extra attention to the game.
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:08:08 pm by rhiggatwat
#73  January 19, 2017, 02:31:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I like the roster so far, especially Saki, Zero and Frank being in there. Personally, and yes, I know this is extremely unlikely, but I would kill to see Batman and Ironman in there. I think that Alucard's Batman sprites are really pretty good and would fit nicely, he just needs some serious re-coding, but a lot of the characters need that to fit. Someone on here even made running sprites for Batman, and you have a wide variety of moves and sprites within the character to work with to create your own unique take on him. No one has really made a good Batman yet, code wise.

I would also agree on Fiona and Michelle Heart for Capcom girls, both great characters that would make the game a bit more unique. Neither has really been used for anything yet. And it's nice to give your game some of it's own unique flavor. Batman, Fiona, and Michelle help to do this. Plus, so many people love Batman, making your own version of him might bring some extra attention to the game.

ive been looking at different batmans too! Just looking for the perfect 1, I have alucards batman ima put him
Up now in FF and compare the sprites with the other one. I'm just not sure if Michelle  would fit in with the gameplay you'll see once I release the new proto, its not like a traditional vs game, it plays more like a mixture
Of SF, yatagarasu, kof, her flight mode is what I'm really concerned about, I'm not sure if it would make her op
Or hey I just had an idea, ditch her flight and just give her a higher jump and have her kinda of float down slow?
Idk ill get back to the roster once I release the proto, you guys get a sample of the gameplay and we could figure
Out who would fit in nicely
#74  January 20, 2017, 06:20:45 am
  • hecc
Memo link=topic=175733.msg2321652#msg2321652  said:

Jotaro is a capcom character, im not sure about adding sol
Actually, Jotaro is technically not a Capcom character, while Capcom did make the JoJo arcade fighter, JoJo is actually a manga/anime series, so Jotaro would count towards The World

lui

#75  January 20, 2017, 06:57:19 am
    • USA
#76  January 20, 2017, 07:31:19 am
  • hecc
#77  January 28, 2017, 07:37:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
some random me vs cpu vids of ryu

hitboxes ground normals, numbers represent
start-up-active-recovery, advguard/advhit/advcounter
Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:24:33 am by Memo
#78  January 30, 2017, 12:33:45 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
the game got another big change, 6 button gameplay instead of 4 button.
Grabs are x+a
UT attacks are y+b
and characters will also have CD attacks like kof z+c,

last post got updated with a little bit of frame data for Ryu.
All of ryus attacks will share frame data with SFV, any char
thats in game will have frame data from its source, IF it has any,
purefur ill have to just do on my own since she wont have any.

im also thinking about releasing this ryu as a char for regular mugen play.
#79  January 30, 2017, 12:37:52 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
the game got another big change, 6 button gameplay instead of 4 button.
Grabs are x+a
UT attacks are y+b
and characters will also have CD attacks like kof z+c,

last post got updated with a little bit of frame data for Ryu.
All of ryus attacks will share frame data with SFV, any char
thats in game will have frame data from its source, IF it has any,
purefur ill have to just do on my own since she wont have any.

im also thinking about releasing this ryu as a char for regular mugen play.

Cool I guess
#80  January 30, 2017, 01:20:05 am
I like the roster so far, especially Saki, Zero and Frank being in there. Personally, and yes, I know this is extremely unlikely, but I would kill to see Batman and Ironman in there. I think that Alucard's Batman sprites are really pretty good and would fit nicely, he just needs some serious re-coding, but a lot of the characters need that to fit. Someone on here even made running sprites for Batman, and you have a wide variety of moves and sprites within the character to work with to create your own unique take on him. No one has really made a good Batman yet, code wise.

I would also agree on Fiona and Michelle Heart for Capcom girls, both great characters that would make the game a bit more unique. Neither has really been used for anything yet. And it's nice to give your game some of it's own unique flavor. Batman, Fiona, and Michelle help to do this. Plus, so many people love Batman, making your own version of him might bring some extra attention to the game.

ive been looking at different batmans too! Just looking for the perfect 1, I have alucards batman ima put him
Up now in FF and compare the sprites with the other one. I'm just not sure if Michelle  would fit in with the gameplay you'll see once I release the new proto, its not like a traditional vs game, it plays more like a mixture
Of SF, yatagarasu, kof, her flight mode is what I'm really concerned about, I'm not sure if it would make her op
Or hey I just had an idea, ditch her flight and just give her a higher jump and have her kinda of float down slow?
Idk ill get back to the roster once I release the proto, you guys get a sample of the gameplay and we could figure
Out who would fit in nicely

Yeah since Superman was in the first, Batman would be a great addition