YesNoOk

Muslim ban from the US (Read 42792 times)

Started by GTOAkira, January 28, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Muslim ban from the US
#41  January 28, 2017, 11:13:10 pm
    • USA
If the US gov backs down from the ban, keep an eye out for any bills and legislature they tried to quietly push through in the past few days in the midst of the media blitz covering the ban.

I really hope they're doing this just to cover something else and the ban gets lifted soon because if this is how Trump is starting then I really doubt he'll end his 4th year. This is a guy asking for either to get kicked out of his position at record time or to be killed.

In a way it reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Burns "steals" the Sun and later gets shot and no one can tell who did it because pretty much everyone hates him. Trump is eventually going to piss off so many people from so many different sectors he'll never know what hit him if something happens.
#42  January 28, 2017, 11:14:57 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Some of you guys are taking this way too serious, did he put a permanent ban??
Is it racist when we all know 95% of terrorists who want to destroy western
Civilization are from Muslim country's?

Give the potus a chance hes trying to keep America more secure, now if we start
Having Muslim terror attacks in us soil like say in France theres gonna be people
Bitching he's not doing enough to keep us safe.
#43  January 28, 2017, 11:22:22 pm
    • USA
The temp ban is enough to destroy tons of lives. Imagine working for years to get into the best university in the USA and then losing your chance because of the president? Or going out of the country for a month for a well deserved vacation and then find out that you cannot return to your house in the USA, potentially losing your job and the stuff you've been working for for years.

The list of things that can go wrong because of a blanket ban like this is so big other countries rarely do this. Precisely because it's not a good thing to do to begin with. This is even damaging their own country right now because those professionals or to-be-professionals cannot continue their studies and their job in the USA until they're allowed to go back to the country.
#44  January 28, 2017, 11:27:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#45  January 28, 2017, 11:40:50 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I just wonder how do they know someone from those seven nations under the 90 day ban is a terrorist, because I'm pretty no one is stupid enough to announce to the world that "Hello! I am a terrorist!".

Not to mention that you're burning bridges that was trying to be built between the US and Iran. I know they'll never be buddy-buddy again, but at least there was an attempt to help them out from what the sanctions did to them.
#46  January 29, 2017, 12:08:54 am
I just wonder how do they know someone from those seven nations under the 90 day ban is a terrorist, because I'm pretty no one is stupid enough to announce to the world that "Hello! I am a terrorist!".
that's probably the reason why entire countries are banned

GDM

#47  January 29, 2017, 12:37:46 am
  • I'm not trolling
I've said it once and I'll say it again. election 2016 was a clusterfuck caused by both dems and republicians. Neither Hillary or Trump were fit to lead. So I'll say this, for future references pick someone who isnt corrupted, have no connections, and is a average joe. Any hillary or trump supporter upset with my opinion so be it but I wont change my opinion on what I think I'll remain neutral.
Do note I don't like politics at all.
#48  January 29, 2017, 12:44:24 am
that's one of the reasons trump won though. being an outsider to politics was very appealing to a lot of people that were sick of politicians in general

GDM

#49  January 29, 2017, 01:02:41 am
  • I'm not trolling
That may be, while he believes that he's trying to do the right thing for america. It's a tad rash to even detain ones with green cards. If there was a better immigration policy then this incident wouldnt had happen.
#50  January 29, 2017, 01:11:55 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
that's one of the reasons trump won though. being an outsider to politics was very appealing to a lot of people that were sick of politicians in general

That still sounds weird to me considering he's a businessman/real estate guy which is as close to politics as you can be without actually being one. 
#51  January 29, 2017, 01:21:26 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Also as horrible as his solutions were, Trump at least addressed things the average working class citizens were concerned about: losing jobs, not having enough money, etc etc.

For the life of me, I can't even think of anything Hillary mentioned about her policies. Yes I can google it, but if the only things you remember about her campaign were "FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT" and "POKEMON GO TO THE POLLS," that really says a lot about how well it was run.
#52  January 29, 2017, 01:35:24 am
    • USA
Also as horrible as his solutions were, Trump at least addressed things the average working class citizens were concerned about: losing jobs, not having enough money, etc etc.

This is what bothers me the most.  Trump was the tiny little glimmer of hope that the working class had, and he pulled a complete 180 on almost everything that made him appealing to them.  Contrary to how it seems, there were legitimately appealing reasons to vote for him, but now those are basically irrelevant. 
#53  January 29, 2017, 02:18:16 am
Everyone who didn't vote for him could clearly see that everything he said about jobs and the working class would neither solve anything for them nor even be put in place. It's just baffling that there were so many people who believed him even though he didn't even have the slightest clue about what to do. He was the only one to talk about them, all he's saying is "I won't forget those who were forgotten" without actually doing anything for them.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#54  January 29, 2017, 02:36:02 am
    • USA
It's not that people believed him, it's that they had no choice.  Put yourself in the shoes of the broke working class.  For the past decade you've suffered and had your cries fall on deaf ears, with no hope in sight.  And then Trump comes along.  He's not perfect, in fact, he's saying a lot of outlandish things and some of them go against your core values even if you're a staunch republican.  But what choice do you have?  You either vote for him, the other guys who don't even pretend care about you, or the other party who actively dislikes you.  It's not hard to see why these people were seduced.  I'm from the South, and I live in a part of it with a lot of poor farmers and trailer park white trash.  You can't understand the desperation unless you've been here.  They didn't see Trump as a savior, they saw him as the only one that even remotely had their interests in mind.  And now you see how well that went.
#55  January 29, 2017, 02:44:59 am
It's not that people believed him, it's that they had no choice.  [...] They didn't see Trump as a savior, they saw him as the only one that even remotely had their interests in mind.
(well, he pretended he had their interest in mind) I see... But it shouldn't have been enough of an excuse to elect the guy who's going to pretty much ruin half of the Western world.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#56  January 29, 2017, 02:48:32 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Wow guys, it's almost like... he kept all of his election promises, for better or worse.

Imagine that.

Guess you guys would prefer open war with Russia. The only people out in the field, taking the fight to ISIS.
#57  January 29, 2017, 02:49:11 am
    • USA
He told them he had their interests in mind, now that he's in office it's obvious he doesn't and the only interests he cares about are his own.  But again, for them it was a deserate situation.  They didn't want to chance voting for anyone aside from the guy telling them what they wanted to hear, especially not when his direct opposition was actively opposing their interests.

Wow guys, it's almost like... he kept all of his election promises, for better or worse.

Imagine that.

But he didn't.  That's the problem.
#58  January 29, 2017, 03:02:15 am
he kept all of his election promises
He went on to do things that he claims would solve the things he talked about, but it's not going to work, it's just ridiculous garbage, and it's going to ruin a lot of things, not only for the US but for a lot of people around it. That's why I said
Everyone who didn't vote for him could clearly see that everything he said about jobs and the working class would neither solve anything for them nor even be put in place.
Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:16:50 am by Byakko
#59  January 29, 2017, 03:11:19 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Guess you guys would prefer open war with Russia. The only people out in the field, taking the fight to ISIS.
I thought that first sentence would be the stupidest thing I read all day, but then I read the next one.
#60  January 29, 2017, 03:25:54 am
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644