YesNoOk

Muslim ban from the US (Read 42790 times)

Started by GTOAkira, January 28, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Muslim ban from the US
#61  January 29, 2017, 03:26:32 am
Ah, found the video I saw about the Muslim ban.
https://youtu.be/x2YLS80Nmls?t=248
He says something about building protection against countries that are a nest for terrorists, but the countries he bans aren't places from which the terrorists he named actually came. The ban he's applying does nothing to protect the US from potential terrorists, because those terrorists don't actually come from these countries. In the case of the various attacks in Europe, a bunch of them came from a European country, then went to those countries illegally, and came back illegally - as in, without being noticed by the authorities. so a ban at the airports of people who come from these countries won't affect the terrorists that have smuggled themselves into and out of these countries, because they smuggled themselves into and out of them. And they do that because there already is a watchlist of people who transit through these countries in a suspicious manner.

Oh, yeah, and lol Russia isn't taking the fight to ISIS. It's the same thing, they say they do it but what they do isn't actually it.

WE WON, BITCH.
Oh wow, holy shit. It's going to be interesting to see what comes from that. The president of Mexico already shouted NO FUCK U hard enough for Trump to agree to completely stop (publicly) talking about the wall, now this ? Really hope the international scene is taking note that they really just have to say no. (just as everybody knew)

On the wall thing and Mexico, here's MSNBC taking 12 minutes to reaaaaaaaally rub it in as hard as they can, it's hilarious
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:36:19 am by Byakko
#62  January 29, 2017, 03:28:42 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Thank fucking god.
#63  January 29, 2017, 03:37:17 am
    • USA
OK, to be clear, this is just a stay: it just covers people currently being detained at airports and/or are currently in transit to the US.
#64  January 29, 2017, 03:50:51 am
  • Raging Fist
Well that is one nightmare over. Thank god is right bud.
#65  January 29, 2017, 03:53:44 am
OK, to be clear, this is just a stay: it just covers people currently being detained at airports and/or are currently in transit to the US.
Sure it's not straight up repelling the executive order, but there were already massive protests at the airports with loads of police forces in riot gear getting ready all around, while tons of lawyers were flooding in to protect the people that were grabbed out of the planes. Shit was circling the drain something fierce really fast in less than a day. Cities and states are already saying no to Trump's orders, there's hope yet.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#66  January 29, 2017, 03:54:54 am
    • USA
It's definitely a welcome sight, but the fight ain't over yet.

Well that is one nightmare over. Thank god is right bud.
It's not over. It's just a stay, and it only covers a very small number of people effected.
#67  January 29, 2017, 03:56:33 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I want to note that yes, many of the people that voted for Trump did and still do believe he is their savior. People are really this dumb. I know much fewer people upset with everything he's done than those that agree with all of it. For me the only place I can see "sane" people is pretty much here or on my comic book friend's facebook pages. It really gets depressing seeing so many people that don't grasp how much damage he's doing.
Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:10:53 am by Just No Point
#68  January 29, 2017, 04:14:44 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Sure it's not straight up repelling the executive order, but there were already massive protests at the airports with loads of police forces in riot gear getting ready all around, while tons of lawyers were flooding in to protect the people that were grabbed out of the planes. Shit was circling the drain something fierce really fast in less than a day. Cities and states are already saying no to Trump's orders, there's hope yet.

It bears a likeness to in individual that is playing Simcity for the first time and experimenting with how the ordinances and laws work.
#69  January 29, 2017, 04:20:09 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I want to note that yes, many of the people that voted for Trump did and still do believe he is their savior. People are really this dumb. I know much fewer people upset with everything he's done than those that agree with all of it. For me the only place I can see "sane" people is pretty much here or on my comic book friend's facebook pages. It really gets depressing seeing so many people that don't grasp how much damage he's doing.

They do grasp how much damage he's doing, they just either don't see it as damage or see it as a worthy tradeoff.  Again, the keyword is desperation.  For those in the latter camp it's not that they willingly chose damage, but they were so desperate that they were wililng to budge on it as long as it solved their problems.  Which it hasn't.  It's once again about perspective, for these people it was either risk Trump shitting things up or risk never getting another chance to solve their problems ever again.

Trump is utter shit but you need to listen to rational people who voted for him instead of dignifying alt right Twitter trolls with your attention because they're just poisoning the well at this point. 

inb4 "rational people didn't vote for Trump."
#70  January 29, 2017, 04:29:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
No. People I work with. It's much harder when it's real life. Here's a quote "This is the same feeling all christians will have when Jesus returns".

They seriously don't see him causing issues. Some of these people are good friends that I see a movie and have a meal with each month. They're nice people but they honestly don't think he's doing wrong. More are less these are rational people. Heck one is going for majors in college.
#71  January 29, 2017, 04:51:15 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Do they believe in The Wall? Do they honestly believe Mexicans can be strong-armed into paying The Wall?
#72  January 29, 2017, 04:55:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
They are saying he outsmarted them with the tax. When I mention it just costs jobs and raises the price on many things: "Building the wall creates jobs and keeps us safer. We don't need their crap anyway."
#73  January 29, 2017, 04:56:45 am
Even if that was the case, this is being said like it's totally practical to build a wall that's only beaten by China in 4 years.

80-90% of all people will vote for what they wanna hear and only believe in their confirmation biases. This is both sides so I pay little mind to their perspective, only their right to have an opinion (however one-sided) and nothing else. One of my co-workers told me about his friends who swear that Obama was the anti-christ because he was gonna take everyone's guns away and allow more Muslims.

Likewise, much of my family saw absolutely no issue in Hillary being elected despite all the dirty laundry around her, and the damage that was possible. All they knew was that she was "better than Trump."
#74  January 29, 2017, 05:25:17 am
    • USA
They are saying he outsmarted them with the tax. When I mention it just costs jobs and raises the price on many things: "Building the wall creates jobs and keeps us safer. We don't need their crap anyway."
Who even needs tomatoes? We're better off without them.
#75  January 29, 2017, 05:42:18 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#76  January 29, 2017, 05:42:18 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Who even needs tomatoes? We're better off without them.

that's fun because yes, they are already giving free tomatoes in oaxaca because they can't sell them to the usa. there's also a campaign in social media for mexicans to stop consuming products originated from the usa , that's oneof the reason the emxican president told trump to stop talking publicly about the wall, the hate would increase so much that ane conomic war would start, tho I see the posibility of ane conomic war to be at least 50%.

[EDIT]

I guess that with the wall mexican authorities will stop checking for drugs in interstate roads, we will let the wall stop teh drugs from getting to the usa while we spend the resources elsewhere.

the ford (IIRC)  incident had some mexican ford costumers cancelling their contracts with ford.

and mexico is nto the only ocnutry retaliating, china is also pissed off at trump.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellensheng/2016/12/12/chinas-richest-man-warns-trump-against-blocking-chinese-investments-in-u-s/#5e314e3515e8

[EDIT2]

and canada wall confirmed

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trudeau-canada-refugees-banned-u-s/
Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:11:19 am by Bastard Mami
#77  January 29, 2017, 08:06:05 am
all hail god emperor trump.

is the ban solely for muslims? what if i'm iranian and i'm not muslim.
#78  January 29, 2017, 09:01:39 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It doesn't matter what your religion is, the ban affects everyone from that country so far.
#79  January 29, 2017, 10:46:36 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#80  January 29, 2017, 01:36:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Oh wow, holy shit. It's going to be interesting to see what comes from that. The president of Mexico already shouted NO FUCK U hard enough for Trump to agree to completely stop (publicly) talking about the wall, now this ? Really hope the international scene is taking note that they really just have to say no. (just as everybody knew)

On the wall thing and Mexico, here's MSNBC taking 12 minutes to reaaaaaaaally rub it in as hard as they can, it's hilarious

Anyone that voted on him was an idiot that could not see what literally everyone else could, either that or they voted in "protest", literally shooting themselves in the arse. Its the same situation as the brexit thing "votes for protest" that end up putting jokes in power and eroding the whole country as a whole.

They'll try to ride the whole "savior" thing while they can to save face instead of admitting they just put up a bilionaire failed businessman in charge of the country whose big plans to deal with countries they want to sell planes to is "sell them damaged planes and then pretend you dont know what they are talking about".

Anyone surprised that Trump turns out to do the kind of shit he claimed he was going to do can only blame themselves