Ryougi Shiki (Read 59203 times)

Started by Shadic12, February 07, 2017, 01:58:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ryougi Shiki
#181  February 07, 2017, 10:32:07 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Here's the thing: if he didn't point it out, how and why should we assume he was so offended by it? Especially in the first instance when it was more of an expression. Wasn't until the second time that it became more serious because that's how he was acting.

I don't play nicely, I call crap out if I see it, especially with someone who seems to ignore anything that isn't that, as clearly shown several times in this thread.

The only apology I'll give is the staff and anyone else I may have pissed off. But to Reixseiryu? Hell no, not when he did something scummy and did nothing but come up with excuses to try and justify it, dodging the most basic questions anyone could ask him.
#182  February 07, 2017, 10:47:01 pm
    • USA
If he was commissioned to make an edit or whatever for someone else's private use (Which isn't wrong by itself as long as the person paying knows that he's getting a cheaply done edit based on someone else's creation) and he did that fully expecting the character to never see the light in public then why go through the effort of removing almost any trace of the original author(s)'s name?
#183  February 07, 2017, 10:50:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nuroravage
Better late than never!

Here is how we let things roll at mfg.

Someone does something really dumb, someone else can call them out on it. Some people in the world are a bit more colorful about it. It again goes back to being able to communicate with various personalities. That did not justify Rei flipping out for several pages shifting blame. Had he come in and been more polite himself JZ would have been seen as the dickhead. But he came in doing what he always does. Shifting blame, not answering questions directed at him. So people get frustrated. As long as it's small and passing we don't say anything.

I've been at the other end of this too. You respond in a manner that diffuses the situation and explains yourself. You don't start pointing fingers at everyone in the thread. At the time there was legitimate reason for concern and to dissect the work because it was a commission. I even pointed out early on we had no idea how much work had been put in or how much was paid.

With real concern you'd think a person would try to NOT add to the confusion. They shouldn't try to incite, but clearly and tactfully explain why it's all a misunderstanding.

If you are too upset to approach a topic it's best to just wait till you can. If tons of people bash and make it a big deal and you come in the next day and calmly explain the situation and take fault in the misunderstanding then all those ppl making it into a big deal look dumb. They won't react the same with you next time.

In Rei's case his past has proven he can't do that. And thus more people swarm to pwn him. But in the fairness of adapting and growing. Since you've been around for almost as long as I have, how would you suggested the situation been handled?
#184  February 07, 2017, 10:57:46 pm
JZ I dont care what you do.  How you justify it.  Or code you live by.  You cast the first insult. And it went unmitigated. The second one too. It was when rei accused you of riding his dick from thread to thread that people jumped into a frenzy.

Saying "i calls it like i sees it" it is irresponsible and as dismissive an opinion as any rei was accused off.
#185  February 07, 2017, 11:06:27 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I just got mine rode and yall still here messing up shadics thread, he's not gonna want to share with us anymore.
You guys should really move this somewhere else theres no feedback for the char or nothing, shit can this bitch already continue the convo somewhere else
#186  February 07, 2017, 11:08:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Don't say the "b" word! It's apparently what started this!!!
#187  February 07, 2017, 11:18:32 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA

I have nothing else to contribute outside of what has been already said about the ethics of this character's release.
#188  February 07, 2017, 11:25:12 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#189  February 07, 2017, 11:31:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#190  February 07, 2017, 11:45:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

"I don't get where the bias in favor of JZ idea comes from. Bias is always the go to explanation. JZ was one of a few elite back in the day that made me quit MUGEN. And although we help each other with code and I think there is a mutual respect now we can still get into huge arguments off forum. He's learned to contact me off forum when he's pissed and needs to vent so he won't get in trouble by doing it in the forum.

I'd extend that to you as well. I can message you ways to contact me via pm once your ban expires if you care."

Sounds to me like youve familiarized yourself with with the quirks that make up JZ and accomodate them  .  thats  bias 
like clear as crystal  bias. heres the definition

I just now saw this. Did you miss the part where I extended this to Rei as well? That I am willing to try and accommodate for his personality too?
#191  February 08, 2017, 12:36:52 am
Thank you for that Just no point.

Simply. Id have never left the point of a private comission done speedily. Something that had no reason to see the light of day. Dissection.  Or interpolation of what sort of understanding went on between shadic and rei. Id have locked the thread Loong before rei showed up.  Because it was a release. Not a thread about deconstructing. The guy was payed to edit.  He didnt release it. He didnt come in here waving it  around in peoples face like it was realized to him in a dream by some divine force that worked through his hands.  If people want to tear apart something. Why not make  a thread about it in an appropriate section. I see things moved all the time.  I wouldnt have let it gather momentum like a murmering lynch mob building to a roar

If jesuzilla can be dismissed as the lovable "dickhead" and accepted for it.   Why expect  rei  to behave differently than he has before in previous threads.  There are many things ive learned reading reis posts in previous threads.   Two of which are .
1.Finding yourself on the same page with him is difficult because it requires serious specification about the particulars of what you are discussing.
2.  He accepts that  the moment anyone edits something he has made he relinquishes responsibility of it.  Credit or no credit refferred to him. He has nothing to do with future parties change of his works. 

So when he doesnt take credit for something edited by him its the same as not saying outloud. "I edited  the code. But i did not remake the entire sff. Or create the 4 sprites that i commisioned from another creator. Etc" the same as if he were to say i didnt make this.  But i did these.  mind you this is usually misconstrued as
" Did  you hear that! he didnt NOT take credit."

I really dont know why. I have two brothers that  express themselves the same way and see this sort of reaction to and from them
.  So reading through old threads. Its very clear to me what he is saying and not saying. . And i understand  what others are saying.  But i can see they are not understanding each other.  It would be hilarious if it wasnt so damned verbally violent.

In short. Id have told people cut it out.  Because while it was released by shadic.  Created privately for him.  It has nothing to do with rei or his previous releases or threads.  Again i reiterate.  This was shadics thread. Shadics private comission. Shadics private release.

Its as if i photoshopped a mohawk on shinkiros cvs2 honda art work for a friend.  He showed it to someone and  they came  knocking on my door with their friends. Because i didnt paint That. Uh. No shit. Its  an obviously recognizable artwork from a  famous artist. 
"Well it sucks" .
My friend didnt think so.  Hes happy with it
"you should have credited shinkiro"
why? My friend knows who made it. he gave me the artwork  to change in  the first place
"  well your a bitch i dont like how you do things i dont like your hack job"
well it wasnt edited with what you like in mind. It wasnt for you. 
"It was cheaply done and i dont agree with it"
???
what does that have to do with my friend liking mohawks.
"Get him!"

#192  February 08, 2017, 12:47:48 am

"I don't get where the bias in favor of JZ idea comes from. Bias is always the go to explanation. JZ was one of a few elite back in the day that made me quit MUGEN. And although we help each other with code and I think there is a mutual respect now we can still get into huge arguments off forum. He's learned to contact me off forum when he's pissed and needs to vent so he won't get in trouble by doing it in the forum.

I'd extend that to you as well. I
I just now saw this. Did you miss the part where I extended this to Rei as well? That I am willing to try and accommodate for his personality too?
*shrugs*
 I saw that he was already banned when you offerred him that olive branch.

My issue isnt Jz or rei or fclass. Sup kappa.  My issue is the smell of blood in the water and what it does.  Commissioned edits are just that . Edits. I recall something similar  with a tizoc by another creator.
 And the issue of warehousing  before that.  Ive got nothing else to say about the subject.  Some of my concerns were abated and for the most part i still find this guild to be home when it comes to mugen. That has not changed.
#193  February 08, 2017, 01:09:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'll say this. When money gets involved we get more up tight. The last thing we want are people scamming others. The Tyzoc one was a mess and the 1st thing I thought of when I saw this thread. There were large sums of money paid for someone to use other's works for the commission.

I thought we were having a repeat of that here as I figure many others did. I was however hoping I was wrong and reminding ppl that we didn't know how much was paid. For commissioned edits that's probably a good idea to post even if it's none of anyone's business. Because it's too easy to fear the person got scammed.
#194  February 08, 2017, 11:39:19 am
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com
Perfect now I'll wait for more of your issues. Why do not you try editing another char of Melty Blood?
Não crio nenhum char apenas os baixo e faço pequenas modificações para os mugen's que eu posso e o meu estilo favorito de char são o POTS ( Phantom of the server) e INFINITE.