YesNoOk

SF3 Juri (Read 108474 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, December 28, 2016, 07:55:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: SF3 Juri
#21  January 03, 2017, 01:00:54 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Code wise. My mugen build is basically like my Ryu and Sagat. A mugenized mash of a character with unique moves. Not overly cheap but can take on 2 or 3 characters by themselves. (I have a hard time taking on 4 because one always gets behind me)
If you're looking for source accurate, I am not the guy. I make my hitboxes tight to the body. Seems people dont like it, but it makes for more thrilling rounds imo.

Hmmm I see... alright, I'll download some of your characters to get an idea of how you make them, then I'll give you a reply about it. I'm not sure if hitboxes tight to the body would work with her since her attacks are quite... exquisite for lack of a better word :P

imo gm's characters aren't really the go-to if you want the best 3rd strike accuracy, by now his characters have kinks and issues that doesn't really hold up all that well today, if anything RAJAA should be the one to code Juri since he strives for pin-point accuracy coding-wise

Maybe now it's okay for me to say that Rajaa is the guy I'd love to see code her when it comes to SF3 style gameplay, his SF3 creations are just the best there is imo.

God i adore these sprites, and can't wait to start making animations for her! Might i ask one thing though
I was sketching up frames for a stand turning animation, and noticed that the belt wouldn't really fit with how its placed in the initial idle frame. I merely ask, mind if i tweak it? I was thinking of having it fall behind her standing leg instead of loosely hanging off the raised one. Just a suggestion feel free to shoot me down :p
Regardless, i do sincerely like these sprites, and heres a possible pallete ya might like. Massively excited this is a thing now
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I haven't even started a second frame for her stand animation yet (I plan to do a similar animation to Ryu and the other shotos, since her SF4 pose is too quiet for a sprite animation), I think you can go for it.

Also nice color you made there, really like the tone you chose for the pants, it's quite unique :). Will update the OP with your palette.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#22  January 03, 2017, 01:03:25 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
This is looking dope as hell! It's horrible for me to not have any talent to help you in anything, except to sending positive vibes to continue on this great job! Keep it up :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#23  January 03, 2017, 01:14:41 am
I hope GM pops up and gives her the proper SF3 treatment you want for her. Those sprites are legit.
Then us Jman/POTS nerds are gonna CVS her :v

imo gm's characters aren't really the go-to if you want the best 3rd strike accuracy, by now his characters have kinks and issues that doesn't really hold up all that well today, if anything RAJAA should be the one to code Juri since he strives for pin-point accuracy coding-wise

Yeah, I know, raaja's stuff is insane, as for GM, His stuff is awesome for me, every combo I know works with them, they behave like they should, in the 3rd strike department they are right behind Raaja stuff.
Umihei and the rest are not as good as Rajaa and GM chars, In my humble opinion.
I  did try to open GM's stuff and see how it all works, I got some of it, translated some stuff as well and from what I gatherd they are coded very well. His MOW stuff is also top notch. GM's AI is balls hard but damn it amazes me some time, they behave like people some what, they do the ''bar dance'' and stuff some really neat touches.

As for accuracy with Jury, its gonna be a bit iffy cause she was not in SF3 but if someone has the skill to do it, its both Rajaa and GM.
Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:41:45 am by PeXXeR
#24  January 04, 2017, 11:41:48 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Wow, Juri looks awesome, Great job! Unfortunately i don't have enough knowledge to help you with anything yet. Well i couldn't resist and made some palletes. Hope you like it!  ;D
I put in spoiler to not pollute the post.

#25  January 22, 2017, 06:02:25 pm
SA I - Fuhjarenjin
SA II - Kaisen Dankairaku
SA III - Feng Shui Engine
#26  February 10, 2017, 03:27:44 am
Completed animation:

Credits to Chamat for providing the wip frames. Along with that, CS changed a bit, the black colors have changed to a silver-ish tone because it was hard to distinguish those tones while spriting (check the OP).

Last but not least, some other WIP stuff:

In case you're wondering about the edited Chun-li sprite, Juri's new special move in SFV has essentially the same animation as that one Chun-li super in SF3 (only exception being her upper body, when she lands).

Wow, Juri looks awesome, Great job! Unfortunately i don't have enough knowledge to help you with anything yet. Well i couldn't resist and made some palletes. Hope you like it!  ;D
I put in spoiler to not pollute the post.

Any sort of contribution is welcome! OP updated.

SA I - Fuhjarenjin
SA II - Kaisen Dankairaku
SA III - Feng Shui Engine

Sorry but I'm not gonna do the Fuharenjin animation, it's going to be her SFV super instead.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:33:15 am by DelusionTrim
#27  February 10, 2017, 03:30:21 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Oh wow, damn is that animation SMOOTH! That had to take a lot of time to do. .____.

That first FX also looks really nice. For some reason I can't help but reminded of one of them abilities from Final Fantasy Tactics. Huh!
#28  February 10, 2017, 08:28:20 am
She looks like she'd fit right in the official game.

Can't wait to see more. :)
#29  February 17, 2017, 04:02:33 am
Pinwheel is done!

#30  February 17, 2017, 04:03:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
SPIN GIRL SPIN
#31  February 17, 2017, 04:11:39 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That is too dwamn good. Keep it up!
This is a generic forum signature.
#32  February 20, 2017, 01:26:24 am
Walk will be 15 frames:

WIP frames:

#33  February 20, 2017, 04:34:57 am
  • Raging Fist
Oh man it's stuff like this that makes me wish I could've done a SFIII mugen...I think I might start!
#34  February 20, 2017, 08:16:24 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Take notes on that boob bounce and that shadow! =]
That hip swivel is everything in that walk though. It adds the sass and confidence that makes her Juri. 
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#35  February 23, 2017, 07:06:17 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Very interesting project. Good luck dude.
Spriting is hard.
#36  April 05, 2017, 11:19:16 pm
College is making me soooo busy, best I could do so far is a bit more progress on her walk forward animation e_e

#37  April 05, 2017, 11:37:21 pm
  • SNK is life
This is too good, can't wait to see it shaded and stuff :smitten:
#38  April 06, 2017, 12:18:12 am
  • OOHWEE
    • Chile
    • http://nicotinefist1805.deviantart.com/
that looks insanely good, I really want to seeing it finished
#39  April 06, 2017, 12:20:41 am
It seems like those out to make impressive or well made work live lives full of obstructions and busywork. I've just noticed this pattern hopefully you'll be able to make it through still.
#40  April 06, 2017, 03:23:39 am
can't deny it looks o mazing