YesNoOk

Djoul's stuff (Read 59541 times)

Started by Djoul, December 05, 2016, 01:43:49 pm
Re: Djoul's stuff
#81  January 16, 2017, 10:52:26 pm
  • SNK is life
#82  January 17, 2017, 05:33:52 pm
Nope I didn't know about the status of this project, and I thought it was not in progress. The style of the sprites is really different and it's difficult for 2 spriters to work together on a same character. Good luck for this project !
#83  January 18, 2017, 01:23:11 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

that run is big buu run on small buu body , I dont think it really works because their bodies are way too different and they have different weights. The same pose doesnt work for a smaller body.
Maybe something like:

or

Heres a cool suggestion for a walk( might not work with his small body)

#84  January 18, 2017, 02:54:01 pm
Hey there!

Thx for your suggestions Iced! I am trying to find a cool walk too, I haven't find something interesting at the moment...

Regarding the run animation, and to be honest this is maybe my favourite animation at the moment, I spend so much time on it xD
The pose was inspired here, I haven't check the Super Buu's run before.

They are different in opinion, even if the arm pose is quite similar. (by the way I like your kid animation on the left)

Regarding the walk I am agree that your animation should be very good for a character with a big weight, and tall.
Why not something like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NkLyuLeH9E (@14,18-14,20)

Tell me what you think ;) Right now I am on the hit animations. I will wait for the walk animation until we found a cool concept.
#85  January 18, 2017, 11:39:19 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
With Kid Buu's run, are you trying to make it look menacing or more playful?
#86  January 19, 2017, 04:12:32 am
    • Mexico
Nope I didn't know about the status of this project, and I thought it was not in progress. The style of the sprites is really different and it's difficult for 2 spriters to work together on a same character. Good luck for this project !

I was going to send you a pm asking you to join forces , but i think this is your answer

and that run is to similar to super buu run the light sources to my eyes is same or based on and that don't fit kid buu body i think

good luck
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#87  January 19, 2017, 08:34:40 am
Anyway I will test something different, I always listen feedbacks. I like one example of the Iced's suggestion. I need to see if it can be nice with a Sprite.

Zero, don't take it personal, your style is very different (I don't say bad) , the props are different and it's difficult for 2 spriters to join force for a one character project. I am glad you show interest I will keep an eye on your monkey as well, thank you. ;)
#88  January 25, 2017, 01:52:30 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

You asked for a relaxed walk cycle and I found this and thought you could use it.
#89  January 25, 2017, 02:32:12 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I dunno if its just me and Rarity, but I think you might want to make Kid Buu's upperbody arch more forward when running, like Super Buu.

Unless the intention is as what Sudden Rarity said, then fine, but if not, you might want to look into it.

EDIT: Also, the pec doesn't look like a pec. Look at Super Buu's chest area in the run animation and see how its drawn there.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:03:24 am by Paz Hatter

lui

#90  January 25, 2017, 02:51:54 am
    • USA
I would imagine kid buu actually running all crazily and out-of-control like with a big grin
#91  January 25, 2017, 06:44:28 pm

You asked for a relaxed walk cycle and I found this and thought you could use it.
Very nice concept I like it ;) I am on the hit, when it will be finished I will check for the walk animation.
Thx
#92  February 23, 2017, 02:46:13 pm
Hi guys ! Sorry for the lack of news, I didn't have lot of time to draw this little monkey... Lot of work..

I am doing the hit animation of Kid Buu, first animation :

#93  February 23, 2017, 02:55:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Weeee! I was worried you'd given up!!!
#94  February 23, 2017, 03:00:46 pm
Loooool no no, I just didn't have enough time but I am still alive and motivated. ^^ But you know... life !
#95  March 03, 2017, 01:36:34 pm
Walk in progress with your suggestion Iced ! When I will have something  with enough progress I will post the anim for feedbacks ;)

#96  March 04, 2017, 06:34:56 pm
  • Not for sale
Wow, hadn't caught this thread before. Awesome sprites and animations.

If you're looking for an easy way too add character and a little flavor to his run animation, perhaps you could give him a wicked, open-mouthed grin like he has in the image you posted with Buu's different forms.  Did a quick edit just to illustrate the idea:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also noticing a fair amount of banding in a lot of frames. That's a pretty common habit that you'll want to break.

Lastly, my only other thought would be to let your imagination run wild. Remember, Buu can bend and deform. I see you have him stretching a lot for attacks... maybe have his fists morph into different objects (spikes, hammers etc...). Things like that go a very long way towards adding personality to your character.

Anyway, excellent job so far. I'll definitely be following this thread!
Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:15:47 pm by AugustAPC
#97  March 17, 2017, 05:17:17 pm
Nice mouth ^^ And thx for your feedback !

Ok guys, the legs movement is soon finished, I am really hesitating for the top of the body.

Solution 1 : Sprite on the left
Movement with the arms and the body, it can be interesting but I am not sure it will be a funny walk.

Solution 2 : Sprite on the right
It's an idea I got today, the idea is to do something like "Look who is the strongest booooy".
Small movement on the arm and the head tail.

What do you think ? Please keep in mind that the sprites are not finished, it's only to show the purpose, I have lot of corrections to do.
I like the option 2 idea...

Thx for your opinion!
#98  March 17, 2017, 08:47:15 pm
  • OOHWEE
    • Chile
    • http://nicotinefist1805.deviantart.com/
Well, you can use the sprite on the left as his walking forward, where he could wave his arms Back and forth in a funny way. The sprite on the right, with some ajustements, it could work nicely as his walkback, where he could be slapping his hands against his chest like a gorilla.
#99  March 18, 2017, 02:38:21 pm
Hey!

Yeah I think you are right, the first pose is maybe more natural for a foward walk, I will go for that, it's more like the Kid Goku example.

So, first step, some changes :

I will come back with an animation progress

Thx
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:00:15 pm by Djoul
#100  March 20, 2017, 10:32:48 am
Here we are, 12 frames for the walk foward.

Based on Iced's idea!