YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 845725 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#641  March 19, 2017, 03:11:24 am
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
And, I happen to have some possible refs for those characters' artwork to use as possible bases. But, you probably knew that, for those of you on HDBZ's Discord
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
#642  March 19, 2017, 03:12:54 am
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
If/when we do a grappler I've totally called dibs!

I've heard grapplers are a challenge to code. No idea why. As I only know some very basic coding, so I've never looked into it.

And, I happen to have some possible refs for those characters' artwork to use as possible bases. But, you probably knew that, for those of you on HDBZ's Discord

Oh, Right you hit me up the other day. I think I'm good. I found this image a while back. Forgot to share it.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I can handle the Big Portrait. Thanks anyway!
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:20:30 am by Smurfyeah
#643  March 19, 2017, 03:13:06 am
The grappler should be 18 and Recoome fused with the Potara earrings, with one of their strikers being 17 + Nappa and the other being 16 + Broly, both fused with the fusion dance. That way nobody is ignored and Team Z2 gets all those characters out of the way.
#644  March 19, 2017, 03:17:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I've heard grapplers are a challenge to code. No idea why. As I only know some very basic coding, so I've never looked into it.
That's part of the reason I want to do it!!!
#645  March 19, 2017, 03:22:22 am
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
#646  March 19, 2017, 06:54:46 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Cooler Broly and 16 make good grapplers.

Cooler would catch yer face with his foot.

17 or 18 would be swell as a duo. all supers would be together, and maybe some EX attacks would have 17 appear in. with 18 being the main gal
#647  March 19, 2017, 06:56:35 pm
Perhaps 17 joining 18 could be her extra mode like Goku's justice mode.
#648  March 20, 2017, 02:15:57 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
I have a bit feeling that 18 comes next and as a Grappler.

Smurfyeah,about the attention 18 has i meant generally,to all fans.
Though yes you talked about her here first.

*Im still rooting for a K' inspired (or even Yamazaki if he's proper) Android 17....

EDIT:  BRAINSTORM
Maybe you can do what the two guys above say,as a duo like Cait and Sith from Chaos Code
or even as 18 as you want her a Grappler initially but change role and properties entirely when 17 shows up.
Be it her Z2 mode or something......
Even that niche goes to Tien a tiny bit as it seems but uuuh who cares,it might be great.
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:23:04 am by AgentofDestiny
#649  March 20, 2017, 05:27:45 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Quick question guys?

Was the 16 minigame idea scrapped COMPLETELY?
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#650  March 20, 2017, 05:35:43 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Don't hold me to it, but I think it was either cancelled or put on hold because of coding problems.

Shame really if being cancelled is teh case, I would have loved to see it come to life.
This is a generic forum signature.
#651  March 20, 2017, 05:56:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#652  March 20, 2017, 07:57:52 pm
Yes. Destroying sixteen just didnt feel right. It was like making a minigame in street fighter where you destroyed megaman.

Sounds like something Capcom would do nowadays.
#653  March 20, 2017, 09:26:00 pm
  • Not for sale
I don't think 17 and 18 should be a pair. We already have Tien and Chiatozu, no need to repeat that concept. 18 is MORE than capable of existing on her own, and if she were to be added, she absolutely should, seeing as there's a lack of female presence in the game.

Frankly, there's just so much awesome stuff that can be done with 18, that shoehorning 17 in there would be a waste of effort, a waste of 18's potential, and probably a waste of 17.

Anyways, for grapplers, there's the obvious "big body characters" Nappa, 16, Recoome and Broly. A more obscure option could be Bulma in a mech.  Grappling for 18 just doesn't fit her style, IMO. I'd like to see her with far more graceful and agile style.
#654  March 20, 2017, 09:54:45 pm
    • USA
If #18 ever does make it in, and #17 is ever incorporated into her moveset, he should only be there as one of her Supers, but other than that, them working as a pair would be interesting on paper, but pretty damn specific to code, from my brief experience as a coder.

Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:58:03 pm by Ninja-Capybara
#655  March 21, 2017, 12:00:01 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#656  March 21, 2017, 12:52:54 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Frankly, there's just so much awesome stuff that can be done with 18, that shoehorning 17 in there would be a waste of effort, a waste of 18's potential, and probably a waste of 17.
Anyways, for grapplers, there's the obvious "big body characters" Nappa, 16, Recoome and Broly. A more obscure option could be Bulma in a mech.  Grappling for 18 just doesn't fit her style, IMO. I'd like to see her with far more graceful and agile style.

Well a "Rush" or Zoning role to be accurate might fit her perfectly.  ...or antagonize Gohan in mobility........

Question for Z2 guys: Is it possible to include to characters with the same gimmick?       Having it a bit different of course.
Say,would you include a highly *combo-able character to pair with Vegeta?Or is the high "Combo-abillity" only for Vegeta?

*=As to have huge combo potential which Vegeta has as fas i know
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#657  March 21, 2017, 04:10:50 am
  • Not for sale
If #18 ever does make it in, and #17 is ever incorporated into her moveset, he should only be there as one of her Supers, but other than that, them working as a pair would be interesting on paper, but pretty damn specific to code, from my brief experience as a coder.

At the most, give him a cameo in the entrance. 18's gameplay, as one of the few female DBZ characters, should be all about her, especially since she' brimming with so much potential.
#658  March 21, 2017, 05:36:43 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Now, it'd be awesome to have 18, but please don't do it because of the "gotta have a female character in there" shtick.  That never works out.  Look at Amy Rose from the Sonic games and anime.  As the Grumps put it: "Her personality is 'girl'".
#659  March 21, 2017, 10:16:11 am
    • USA
As the Grumps put it: "Her personality is 'girl'".

The Grumps don't know half of their shit when playing Sonic games. Why take anything they say about the Sonic series into consideration when they purposefully make every Sonic game they play look shittier than they actually are?
#660  March 21, 2017, 10:24:39 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
After that Red Ribbon nod at the end of the last trailer, adding 18 would be a great way to deliver on that tease.