YesNoOk

Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Alena Tsarevna] (Read 79180 times)

Started by hatter, July 30, 2016, 12:46:38 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - Character Project Thread [Current: Ryu]
#41  February 02, 2017, 08:17:12 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Nice effects :)

as for the update ryu, the only bug im seeing right now is the fact that if you get hit at the beginning of tatsu you stay in the air. other than that great job!
#42  February 02, 2017, 08:34:54 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i like the hisparks!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#43  February 04, 2017, 03:48:33 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you! I honestly can't wait to complete them and release them to the public. Hopefully others can make use of it too when I'm done with em.

Nice effects :)

as for the update ryu, the only bug im seeing right now is the fact that if you get hit at the beginning of tatsu you stay in the air. other than that great job!

Alright I did something that may solve it. Try it out and let me know if it persists

Some other things I changed:
-Updated my CvS2 rendition of Ryu's time over (and simultaneously intro) pose by editing a similar animation from GCNMario's Ryu char. It honestly looks leagues better now.
-Changed the air mP animation with an edit, courtesy of likiji123.
-Adjusted the Shin Shoryuken and Shinkuu Tatsumaki commands to fit in with the "activate with 2 buttons" thing going on with the Shinkuu Hadouken.
-Adjusted the positions of certain hitsparks; all standing attacks, and maybe 2 or 3 crouch attacks.

If it isn't too much, please focus on comboing and attack cancellations (mainly Limit Breaks, but specials would be nice as well). I'm suspecting that there's a problem with normal/specials > Limit Break cancellation, but I'd like it if someone can confirm it for me (stupid, I know. Please bear with me).

I'm going to get around to adding sound, and testing out frame safety advantages to make sure there is no fuckery at play. Whether it'll be soon, I can't say. All I'm hoping for is the best now, lol.
This is a generic forum signature.
#44  February 04, 2017, 04:07:34 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
What kind of bearing do you want? Grizzly? Mountain? : V

Silliness aside, good to hear you're getting closer to finishing up Ryu! Is the coding process going well for you and all that?
#45  February 04, 2017, 04:22:14 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'd say so far so good, but only testing will let me know how far I need to backtrack. Same goes for frame safety advantage testing, which'll come after this (IDK when tho).
#46  February 08, 2017, 05:05:00 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Small update, but I've added in a Zero Counter function, which seems to function well so far. Referenced PoTS/Lost_Avenger in parts I was stumped on (it was mostly the CMD parts, but writing it was.. too damn easy to say the least :mmhmm:)

As for the hit sparks:

Only the medium hit spark, the Limit Break FX and the guard FX remain. For the latter two, I'll be taking a cue from Final Fantasy 7 and Dissidia, respectively. For things like dash and Advancing Guard FX, I'll be taking them from the Alpha/VS games, edit the Advancing Guard to match up with what I have in mind for the new guard FX, and presto, they'll be ready for release.

The only hit sparks that would remain would be for bladed characters, but I'll leave those until I actually work on one.

Back to Ryu, with the Zero Counter in, all that remains aside from FX/SND files are reworking that attack states and the CMD to make sure that they feel like Ryu's in MvC2, adding a recovery function from the Dizzy State, and a Throw Escape function. After that, I'll leave it open to public beta testing to check for any fuckery and such.

After that, the template, minus EX Assist and A.I should be ready, if all falls according to plan. :beatnik:
#47  March 20, 2017, 12:16:02 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hi there.

Just coming in to give a tiny update on Ryu.

-Redid the Shin Shoryuken so that it would instead be the one in the Alpha series (Solar Plexus -> 2 hit Shoryuken). I will be redoing the Shinkuu Tatsumaki from scratch (w/ P.o.T.S as a fall-back in case I'm totally stumped on something) and the Dizzy code, I feel that they need to be redone.

-Implemented the Zero Counter. Also added in FX for Ryu (took them directly from Sheng Long's Ryu char, so thanks to him).

-Edited hitdef properties here and there, mostly velocities, hit times, FX placing (though it is not done yet).

-Began to swap out the P.o.T.S juggle system I took from Lost_Avenger in for one described by JnP as used for his Piccolo. I was going to originally go and read P.o.T.S and try to understand how he did it, but once I saw the former's and how compact it was, I couldn't help but go "hey, let's use it". So far, I need to implement it on the Limit Breaks, helpers, and special moves, but it works marvelously so far thus.

-Added in a temporary big portrait.

-Added a proper Safe Fall mechanic (also referenced from P.o.T.S. Apparently, I implemented it completely wrong on the first coding run. :/)

Work on Tifa is still going, just not too strong. I've been inspired by a recent MUGEN release to approach spriting and coding simultaneously, so I'll be trying it out soon. I have a feeling I'll be netting some good results from it soon. :3

Once I finish everything I want to finish for Ryu, a project release/feedback thread will be made. Hopefully it doesn't take me forever. It honestly shouldn't at this point.

I'll record a video tonight, showing the redone Shin Shoryuken, Zero Counter, and some of my custom FX in action (as a reminder, the FX will be released stand-alone for those who desire them; however, my chars won't have them included in as I'll be editing the fightfx SFF/AIR of the in-progress SP to encompass my FX).
#48  March 20, 2017, 02:01:53 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'll record a video tonight

I'm a fucking moron at times, I swear. >_<

Did it this morning, and:

-> Go to 0:57 to skip my failed attempts at doing it.

Boat-loads of refining is needed, I know. I'm working on it all. Feel free to point something out, I'm sure I've missed quite a lot, even with constant searching.

#49  March 21, 2017, 05:49:17 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Those ryu updates are looking sweet, the effects look great in motion :D

and yeah, the zero counter needs a bit of improving
#50  March 21, 2017, 05:56:29 am
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
Digging the HUD man, Ryu is making good progress so far. Can't wait for more :D
#51  March 21, 2017, 05:40:23 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Digging the progress so far. Keep working on that Zero Counter, I'd love to see how it all comes together!

Also, just a small request:
-Began to swap out the P.o.T.S juggle system I took from Lost_Avenger in for one described by JnP as used for his Piccolo. I was going to originally go and read P.o.T.S and try to understand how he did it, but once I saw the former's and how compact it was, I couldn't help but go "hey, let's use it". So far, I need to implement it on the Limit Breaks, helpers, and special moves, but it works marvelously so far thus.
Can you link me to where he described it? I'm working on something in my free time, and I'm interested in using that juggle system in case MUGEN's rubbish default one starts giving me trouble.
#52  March 21, 2017, 05:50:50 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The Zero Counter still needs some refinement in other areas, but I'm happy that its going well so far. : ]

As for the P.o.T.S juggle system, I took mine from Lost_Avenger's Ryu (which was my biggest reference when I was stumped), but P.o.T.S juggle system was talked about in this post:

Spoiler: POTS Juggle (click to see content)

However, this one is outdated. A relevant post to this that can help is this:

So MUGEN's default juggle system is pretty much worthless. POTS left this behind to replace it.

Spoiler: POTS Juggle (click to see content)
This is related to juggling but it's not actually PotS's juggle system. It's also a bit outdated because 1.0 now allows this to be produced with a HitDef parameter; PotS's last big update for his characters for 1.0 removed the old way and added in the new.

Instead of using a target state to force P2 recover, the new HitDef parameter, ForceNoFall, can be used to well... force P2 to not fall. All of the normals in PotS's characters have ForceNoFall = 1 in their respective HitDef's (technically, they have ForceNoFall = !var(20); var(20) is the custom combo timer, and it will disable ForceNoFall if active).

Spoiler: Juggle "resets" - invulnerability (click to see content)
This however is still in use, after a fashion. It's simplified down to a juggle flag variable (0 = off/can juggle; 1 = flag on/can't juggle). It should be noted that the juggle flag is distinct from the juggle points in PotS characters, though!

So the place you may want to look are either P.o.T.S characters that received his last big update, or maybe one of Jmorphman's characters, since he is the closest you can get to P.o.T.S.

Hope this is of some use to you.
#53  March 21, 2017, 06:59:08 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
I was actually talking about the one he used for Piccolo, but thanks, all the same. :)
#54  March 21, 2017, 07:01:26 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm dum. >_<

Here's the one he described for Z2 Piccolo:

For Piccolo I made a simple one that is kinda similar to MUGEN's default

This is in my attacks
[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
trigger1 = P2StateType = A
var(18) = 7; adjust to determine how many juggle points it should have

Hitdef
type = HitDef
triggerall = Var(18) <= 15; adjust for how many points it'll allow

place the below in your -2 so the var resets when P2 is no longer in hit state
[State -2, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = P2MoveType != H
var(18) = 0

to apply to helpers remember to do this

This is in my attacks
[State 0, ParentVarAdd]
type = ParentVarAdd
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
trigger1 = P2StateType = A
var(18) = 7; adjust to determine how many juggle points it should have

Hitdef
type = HitDef
triggerall = root,Var(18) <= 15; adjust for how many points it'll allow

#55  March 25, 2017, 03:31:02 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I decided to record this video to liven things up:

Couple of things to note:

-The Heavy Shoryuken missing in a combo is apparently a result of the velocities I took from Kamekaze's MvC2 Ryu (with his permission). It is the same thing in MvC2. However, I will be changing this because its becoming very infuriating. >:[

I put the volumescale for all SNDs at 255, since its impossible to hear Ryu's voice when BG music is playing.

-Although not shown in this video, I've edited the Dizzy state to encompass the MvC vertical spin. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

-I suck at alignment (you can tell by that big port in the win screen). I'll make sure to align the big port properly before the public release.

From here, the final thing I'll be doing before making the release/bug report thread is actually coding a Zero Counter hit state (y'know, the OHHHH I'M HORIZONTALLY SPINNING OUTTA CONTROOOOL animation), and the actual readme.

Tell me if you spot anything screwy regardless.

(also, as an added bonus, its me as Ryu.... yeah I suck at fighting games, you don't have to tell me twice).
#56  March 26, 2017, 02:57:41 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Great looking Ryu so far! Some cool new animations as well too.
I absolutely LOVE that win quote!

I can't wait to start on mine!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#57  March 26, 2017, 05:02:43 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, those new animations are honestly something, especially the Balthazar animations. And yeah, that win quote is great, it came at the best time too. : D

Thanks for dropping by, and good luck w/ your own MUGEN creations.

Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:25:30 am by Paz Hatter
#58  March 27, 2017, 01:58:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Double post because relevant:

Showing off the custom Zero Counter state. Yep, made it w/o referring to another creator's code. : ]

Last required portions include a redo of the Shinkuu Tatsumaki (hitdefs), and adding Dizzy FX (custom, gonna draw over some existing ones though). Then, its off to public beta testing.

(I was supposed to be showcasing the Zero Counter twice around the last portion of the video, but I gave up after those three tries, LOL).
Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:01:29 am by Paz Hatter
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Captain Commando, Tifa, Alena]
#59  May 04, 2017, 08:47:36 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Posting to report that Ryu's been released, so go check him out:

CvSE Release Thread riight over here, matey.

I'm going to consider Ryu "tentatively done".

The Capcom vs. Square Enix build will have four characters. Next ones are (in no particular order):

Also, Speedster/Dan Mt. is working on the screenpack, and so far it is AMAZING. Guaranteed mind-melting. I'll post about when there is more progress or when Speedster feels its time to show off the work.
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:01:59 pm by Hatter
Re: Capcom vs Square Enix - C.P.T [Current: Captain Commando, Tifa, Alena]
#60  May 04, 2017, 09:01:05 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com